Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POST NEW FORUM BUGS / ISSUES HERE

Comments

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    i cant seem to remove my profile pic.. only replace it with something else and they all end up blurry as hell.. what to do?

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    How can you start on the first post when I click on a topic? Right now it goes to the last post and I prefer the first like the old forums let me do.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    edited August 2015
    Comments below articles appear to be borked.  They don't show up at all for me.
    They work if you view them through the newsroom. Article links seem borked, yeah, we're looking into it.

EDIT: Do you happen to be on Firefox? Seems to work on Chrome but not FF for me.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    I cant post on the Android app with my Samsung browser. I am stuck in a loop. Says I need to sign in, I click sign in and it takes me to the home page. I am already logged in. I click the forum and I am not logged in there, I click log in and well, thats the loop lol

EDIT: Same thing happens with Android Chrome browser.
    EDIT2: Same thing on Android Firefox.
  • MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    Nanfoodle said:
    I cant post on the Android app with my Samsung browser. I am stuck in a loop. Says I need to sign in, I click sign in and it takes me to the home page. I am already logged in. I click the forum and I am not logged in there, I click log in and well, thats the loop lol

Can you give me a step by step including the exact links you click to make this happen?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

Comments below articles appear to be borked.  They don't show up at all for me.
    This is a known issue in FireFox for now.  We're working on fixing it up.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    edited August 2015
    i cant seem to remove my profile pic.. only replace it with something else and they all end up blurry as hell.. what to do?
    I uploaded new, now it gives me the option of remove.

EDIT: I'm getting blurry now too.  It's using thumbnail and upscaling.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    How can you start on the first post when I click on a topic? Right now it goes to the last post and I prefer the first like the old forums let me do.
    For me it goes to the first unread post, so if I haven't read a thread yet it takes me to the first post.
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    edited August 2015
    I will need to get used to the new forum in browser.
    The mobile version however is really messed up. Layout is really not neat. The page is completely white, I have no feeling at all where the different parts of the page are. Very confusing. It looks like those old HTML pages but with much more content (text).

Is this what it's suposed to look like?

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    edited August 2015
    Meddle said:
    Nanfoodle said:

Can you give me a step by step including the exact links you click to make this happen?
    1. Goto mmorpg.com, shows I am logged in
    2. Click one of the top forum posts off the main page. It takes me to the forum page
    3. It shows me a button or a link depending on the app to sign in
    4. I click sign in and it takes me to the main home page mmorpg.com and shows I am logged in
    5. I click back on the forum post I want to post on and it takes me to the forum. 
    6. Again depending on the browser I see a sign in button or a link. I click sign in and
    7. I am back on the home page already logged in. 

Kinda getting no where lol

EDIT: This is on Samsung browser, Chrome and Firefox on my Note 3 5.0.0 phone
    Confirmed, avatar system is slightly messed up.

Image upload
    Server takes upload and also makes a low-res thumbnail
    Low-res thumbnail is used as avatar on forum, but upscaled which makes it look blurry.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    ZombieKen said:
    I uploaded new, now it gives me the option of remove.

EDIT: I'm getting blurry now too.  It's using thumbnail and upscaling.

ah yeah the remove picture option is there but nothing happens when i use it =/

ZombieKen said:
    Confirmed, avatar system is slightly messed up.

Image upload
    Server takes upload and also makes a low-res thumbnail
    Low-res thumbnail is used as avatar on forum, but upscaled which makes it look blurry.

It looks blurry because we changed the display dimensions of avatars in the thread, but the thumbnail on the backend is still 40x40. I've contacted Vanilla about this to see what we can do.
    jazz.be said:
    I will need to get used to the new forum in browser.
    The mobile version however is really messed up. Layout is really not neat. The page is completely white, I have no feeling at all where the different parts of the page are. Very confusing. It looks like those old HTML pages but with much more content (text).

Is this what it's suposed to look like?

Does not look like this for me. What device, OS version, etc?

Same.  Mine is stuck on the Japanese warrior :-)

ZombieKen said:

Same.  Mine is stuck on the Japanese warrior :-)

@skywisenight : Can you take a look at this?
  • HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129
    What happend to my join date? and this new UI hurts my eyes! BBL to see if things get fixed
    Hrica said:
    What happend to my join date? and this new UI hurts my eyes! BBL to see if things get fixed
    It's in your profile. What part of the UI hurts your eyes?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    edited August 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    As a note, the green names are showing up superimposed over the first line of text for me.  Using Firefox. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

MMOman101 said:
    As a note, the green names are showing up superimposed over the first line of text for me.  Using Firefox. 
    No issues here (on FF). Can you please post a screenshot? TY!
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Too much green.  

It's the color we are trained to pay the most attention to(IE: confirmations, go, or whatever else), and physically see the most of.   But you have a blaring flaming sun of "LOOK AT ME" green on just about everyone's name.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

edited August 2015
    greenreen said:
    I don't know if it will help at all but when I view your avatar literally it claims to be 40px × 40px.
    In the stylesheet they are showing those avatars as
    width: 80px; height: 80px; 

so if you make sure your image is exactly 80 by 80 it shouldn't lose any quality. If your image isn't 80x80 you could use a background color that is and plunk down your image on top of it to maintain a ratio which isn't square.

Mine just by luck is actually the 80x80 so isn't really fuzzy but I didn't change anything, it imported from my original user account. To get 80x80 you could screenshot the avatars here and chop right at the border if you don't have a fancy editor.
    hmm it still gets blurry.. but not as noticeable on this one atleast

Edit: i prolly did something wrong because the thumbnail size looks super sharp and the avatar looks blurry now haha

anemo said:
    Too much green.  

It's the color we are trained to pay the most attention to(IE: confirmations, go, or whatever else), and physically see the most of.   But you have a blaring flaming sun of "LOOK AT ME" green on just about everyone's name.
    Ah. That's just their rank color. Would a different shade of green work better?
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    edited August 2015
    MikeB said:
    MMOman101 said:
    No issues here (on FF). Can you please post a screenshot? TY!
    Doubt it.  I actually hate the layout.  I know this layout is more popular now, but I liked the classic look of the old one.  Just my preference. 

It seems there is no way to get to the root profile page unless you go through the home page.

Also I still don't see a way to hide location on this site. 

Oh, the default image is horrible. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin