Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the population like these days?

FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673

Hi all, 

I was thinking of returning to GW1, unfortunately I have lost almost all information relating to my old account, so I am going to have to repurchase the game. 

What is the population like? Does the game receive any love from the devs?  Do you generally have to solo through a lot of the campaign now?  

Comments

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

Last time i was logged in there was like 6-7 people in channel 1 of Lions Arch , that was a few months ago.

• FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    That is disappointing but not unexpected. As much as I want to play this again, the last expansion was eight odd years ago, and for obvious reasons it is very low on the developer's priority list. I certainly don't want to play it if it is dead as that will only sully fond memories.  
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    I am playing  it some mainly to get a few more HOM points and it's pretty dead.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Ever since GW2 came out the first had taken a hit in population. Originally it wasn't so bad but I wanted to go back recently and it was really dead. I feel like it's due to the fact that no content has come out in a very long time and people will eventually lose interest. 
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    I really wish they'd give Guild Wars 1 its own small dev team and relaunch it as F2P. It would be so good for the game.
    eddieg50
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    edited September 2015
    Aeander said:
    I really wish they'd give Guild Wars 1 its own small dev team and relaunch it as F2P. It would be so good for the game.
    I would really love to see that happen!!! GW is one of the best online games i´ve experienced...i would love to see a new expansion like "Utopia".... i bet the game would boost!!! Myself included!
  • mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Agreed, make it F2P and I'll take another look, but having just checked the price for the game and expacs on Steam, I'm spending my money on new stuff (Fallout 4, Battlefront).
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited October 2015
    i still have to buy Eye of the North (after i get HoT)

If they decide to support the game again i can see a f2p transition doing well for it. It is a fantastic game that is as old as WoW and still plays very smoothly.

Last time i played (early this yeara or late last year) there was a good amount of people (obviously not enough for an mmo) but still a decent number in town in the prophecies game post-searing. I havent checked Factions or Nightfall in years.

If more people played GW1 it would totally be my mmo home (with GW2 being its annex lol)

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    The should somehow get the people in GW2 to come back to GW... its a wayyyy better game!

Control points belong in first person shooter games... not PVP in RPG.... I was so disappointed I couldn't believe how much worse it was.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA