Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I may buy this game if pvp has meaning. Explain pvp in the game pls.

DekapitatorDekapitator Member UncommonPosts: 261

Why do you pvp in the game presently?

Can you capture regions and resources? Castles?

Whats the purpose of pvp, why do it in this game ?

I may buy this game if pvp has meaning. Explain pvp in the game pls.

Thank you.

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    At the moment pvp hasn't been fleshed out, so we don't know how pvp will be until it gets further along.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• jarbyjarby Member Posts: 77
    dont bother no open pvp in game at the moment. And as far as i heard they have no intention to make one. 
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

Probably due to learning their lesson in UO.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Probably a question that needs to be asked once the game is finished, but if it doesn't have PVP in it, then, thats not really such a bad thing anyway.image
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

While there likely is no answer to your questions at this time, for future reference it might be better to include what makes PVP meaningful to you.

I prefer my PVP to be more like a real war, where making sure you don't die during the fight is as important as killing your opponent, and resources should never be wasted if the odds are significantly against you.

Most prefer PVP to be like team sports, little consequence for dying, fast return to the action, and being at the top of the leaderboard might be most important.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by jarby
    dont bother no open pvp in game at the moment. And as far as i heard they have no intention to make one. 

That's very different from what was said back during the Kickstarter. Also, according to the SotA wiki, Vengeance, the second town built so far is open PVP. 

Has that since been changed?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Shouldn't you be playing Crowfall instead?

Not sure why you picked this game for PvP, as while it may have it , I don't think that is the focus.   I would expect playing this game for PvP would be similar to ESO PvP.   And you can play that now.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

There is pvp in the game right now, you need to flag yourself in order to pvp though. The way it's set up, if you want to pvp just flag yourself and go looking for other pvp'ers. No one is forced to pvp if they don't want to. If you're looking for something like Pre-Trammel UO, it's not like that at all. As someone said above, they learned their lesson from UO, when it cost them customers. If you're looking for a free for all, kill all the noobs, you won't get that in SotA. There are pvp zones in the game that are entirely pvp, but they're barren wastelands right now. There's a handful of people at the moment that run pvp events currently. So far it's not a very popular aspect of the game, I rarely see anyone pvp flag except the handful of same people running about. They do have more plans for pvp before and after release though.

Dark Age of Camelot

• Abydos-CDDAbydos-CDD Member UncommonPosts: 98
    PvP is just bad atm. I fell more lile Ultima Offline than Ultima Online :)
    PvP is just bad atm. I fell more lile Ultima Offline than Ultima Online :)

Aye, sadly you are right :(

Dark Age of Camelot

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Don't bother

• 209vaughn209vaughn Member UncommonPosts: 58
    PvP will have some meaning yes. 

-Guild warfare; guild members can go to "war" and fight in open world
    -Partial loot of dead people
    -Ability to hire "bodyguards" (for example) to go into dangerous areas for the best mining resources

So IMO the PvP will have a lot of meaning.  But TBH, the combat overall sort of is the least fun part of this game right now.  They have about 5 months to launch which is plenty of time to tighten it up.  

I agree with you OP i like PvP that has meaning, not just random battle instences.
  • Abydos-CDDAbydos-CDD Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I hope PvP will be better each release ...
  • jtripperjtripper Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Keep dreaming...PvP is so watered down and neutered by the loud mouth whales who want a casual game.  Reading their forums makes you want to slice your wrists at how painfully obvious the agendas are in toning down not just real danger, but the feeling of danger.  I think when they say they want PvP, they really want theme park PvP, and it's unfortunate the extremely aggressive vocal minority / whales are dumbing down PvP in that game.  And I actually liked their initial consensual PvP mode, but it's now gone towards the extreme of consensual casual carebear hand-held theme park PvP where they're even afraid to lose their baby pacifiers.
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    jtripper said:
    Keep dreaming...PvP is so watered down and neutered by the loud mouth whales who want a casual game.  Reading their forums makes you want to slice your wrists at how painfully obvious the agendas are in toning down not just real danger, but the feeling of danger.  I think when they say they want PvP, they really want theme park PvP, and it's unfortunate the extremely aggressive vocal minority / whales are dumbing down PvP in that game.  And I actually liked their initial consensual PvP mode, but it's now gone towards the extreme of consensual casual carebear hand-held theme park PvP where they're even afraid to lose their baby pacifiers.
    Well said.
  • RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202
    edited January 2016
    Post edited by Rawyn on
  • 209vaughn209vaughn Member UncommonPosts: 58
    jtripper said:
    PVP might not be the games focus, but this game is absolutely not "casual".  In fact it's the complete opposite of that.
  • jtripperjtripper Member UncommonPosts: 115
    209vaughn said:

PVP might not be the games focus, but this game is absolutely not "casual".  In fact it's the complete opposite of that.
    I agree with you.  The game overall is not casual...just as long as they don't go back on their promise about no quest markers over NPC heads.  My "casual" comment above is in reference to their extreme casual carebear handholding themepark PvP arguments.

There are some very aggressive players (especially those with $$$) that even want to change Open PvP so it's less dangerous.  That was the last hope anyone who cared about PvP wish would not be touched and actually be made more dangerous.  Instead, those loud mouth casuals want to change Open PvP so it isn't as punishing or dangerous or only allow them to fight when they feel like it.  I'm serious, the arguments to soften Open PvP are so ludicrously stupid over there it's laughable.  Open PvP is CONSENSUAL yet they want to dumb that down even more.  There are insanely stupid arguments like "while in Open PvP, I should be protected and not attackable if I happen to alt-tab to another window to browse Facebook".  I'm not kidding, go search for that thread.  These are players with money that are aggressively lobbying the developers to put in protection like that.

I'm not hating on the game overall, mind you. Just how they've killed any sense of danger or meaning to PvP.
  • MMOreaverMMOreaver Member UncommonPosts: 75
    edited January 2016
    jep.. this game will flop! ^^
    already know enough people who could shoot themselves because they game Mr Ultima kickstarter money..