Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ARC announces PWI server merges.

AsoneAsone Member UncommonPosts: 11

It's finally happening.  After years of aging and waiting PWI will be merging servers come August 4th. The following servers are expected to merge with new names. More information is given in the link for the official announcement. Answers regarding having an account on the same servers merging are in the link.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9470983-important%3A-upcoming-server-merges!

West servers Heaven's Tear and Archosaur will become west server Etherblade

West servers Sanctuary and Lost City will become west server Twilight Temple

East servers Raging Tide and Dreamweaver will become east server Tideswell

East server Harshlands and EU server Morai will become EU server Dawnglory

All servers are to become PvE.

Currently active on: Landmark and Aion. Casual gamer on: GW2, Tera, and EQ2. Retired: PWI, Fiesta, and DCUO. Hyped for: EQN, BD, SC, FFXV, and No Man's Sky.

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Even when they were giving away the free character boosts to level 90 or whatever, I still couldn't care about this game.
  • muppetpilotmuppetpilot Member UncommonPosts: 171

The game itself is actually pretty decent, big world, you can fly from very early on, kinda neat character development, etc.  Not the best graphics, but the world itself is nice enough.  So the game play experience isn't all that bad, heck my wife and I played PWI for a little while.

Trouble is, this game has been heavily p2w for some time now.  And even worse, my time with the game suggested to me that it's not only p2w, it's p2 enjoy.  The recovery time during mob-killing is so long that you almost have to invest in those cash shop healing potions, or find yourself at a disadvantage.  We left the game because all of the quests became "kill 70 of [x] mob" at around level 50, and we just didn't feel like spending that much money on it.

It still has a decent number of players and all that, but it would be difficult to recommend PWI to a newcomer.  Sad, really, because the base experience is enjoyable enough.

"Why would I want to loose a religion upon my people? Religions wreck from within - Empires and individuals alike! It's all the same." - God Emperor of Dune

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by muppetpilot

The game itself is actually pretty decent, big world, you can fly from very early on, kinda neat character development, etc.  Not the best graphics, but the world itself is nice enough.  So the game play experience isn't all that bad, heck my wife and I played PWI for a little while.

Trouble is, this game has been heavily p2w for some time now.  And even worse, my time with the game suggested to me that it's not only p2w, it's p2 enjoy.  The recovery time during mob-killing is so long that you almost have to invest in those cash shop healing potions, or find yourself at a disadvantage.  We left the game because all of the quests became "kill 70 of [x] mob" at around level 50, and we just didn't feel like spending that much money on it.

It still has a decent number of players and all that, but it would be difficult to recommend PWI to a newcomer.  Sad, really, because the base experience is enjoyable enough.

I completely agree with your assessment, Muppet.   I also found the game was unplayable without the potions.  They weren't a huge expense however, if you played casually.

Also agree that the questing became kill 10 of X at a higher level.  

But it was an enjoyable world and worth visiting for some low stress casual gaming.  Not a long term game but good for some fun at the time.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• AsoneAsone Member UncommonPosts: 11

Guess most haven't been on in like years. Potions at lower levels are rarely used now since they now offer daily charms to up to lv60.

The mob count for quests is not nearly as high as it use to be, it's been cut back many times over the years.

I will agree though, it is still very P2W, however if it played with casual game play in mind it's not very hard to reach lv100 in a few days if played right. The killer part is farming the gear.

The community is quiet nice as well, though trolling is just mostly done for fun now. It's just that almost everyone knows everyone on the servers.

Currently active on: Landmark and Aion. Casual gamer on: GW2, Tera, and EQ2. Retired: PWI, Fiesta, and DCUO. Hyped for: EQN, BD, SC, FFXV, and No Man's Sky.

• FriskieZFriskieZ Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Alright so I know this post might not get alot of traction but like, Im currently playing on a private server (Perfect world charmed) because the main game is in the worse state than its been in ever, I would personally recommend if you intend of playing this game in 2019, check out Perfect world charmed, its a fairly new server as of this post but, Ive had heaps of fun thous far https://www.pwcharmed.online/