Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My apologize to DCU and SOE !

PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131

Well after years ignoring and thinking bad about DCU i finally downloaded it out of boredom while waiting for Skyforge.

I thought it would fill the gap between waiting.

WHEWWW.... !

This game is so much better than i thought. I havent had so much fun since a while.

2 character slots arent enough for all the funny power sets.

Started a few Heroes and ended up with Sorcery/Dual Gun and having a blast.

I cant honestly wait to try out all the other power sets , ICE, Fire, Electric etc etc

My wife an old City of Heroes fan saw me playing last night and wanted me install the game for her instantly.

Now shes hooked and addicted and that after like 4-5 hours playing. She thinks shes playing a new version of CoH :D

I have almost 6000 Station Cash left from playing EQ2 which i can use to get some nice things for DCU

i am going to sub in the next days as soon as i feel the need for it.

DCU is a hidden pearl and that needs to be said  !

Comments

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Isnt this run by daybreak games now? Why are you apologizing to soe.... I'm confused.
  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131

because i was talking and thinking bad about the game and i was plain wrong about it. And that when SOE ran it. i didnt even know about the company transfers.

p.s is it true that spending $5 will unlock some slots and other things ?

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Pongping

because i was talking and thinking bad about the game and i was plain wrong about it. And that when SOE ran it. i didnt even know about the company transfers.

p.s is it true that spending $5 will unlock some slots and other things ?

It's Daybreak now everywhere :)

$5, don't know... I think with All Access that part was removed? But can't say for sure.

There is a middle tier account type, and after the f2p switch you could get there from a free account by spending $5, or by going for the sub and then drop it. Then with All Access the sub's worth raised, and I think I red somewhere that the $5 is obsolete now - and the DLCs are for $10 anyways, for example if you want some current / electricity :) plus if you already plan to sub, you don't need to worry about it at all.

(and yes, the middle tier added 4 more character slots, a bit higher currency cap, and some fluff. More Vaults I guess? I wasn't in DCUO lately)

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

I can't say much about longevity, but the levelling, while short, is easily worth the price of FREE.  Certainly worth doing if you're a DC fan.

And their flight mechanics are easily the best of all the MMOs.  It feels natural and epic, and it's fun to drop from the sky and drive unsuspecting mobs into the pavement rather than get punished with damage as in the other games.

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131

the Flight power feels 1:1 like City of Heroes and its just awesome to use. 

the 1st flight Sonic Speed booster power rocks ! woooshh

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The game pretty much failed on PC, but on Console it seems to have fared far better, its a bit dated now but it probably compares well to games like Marvel Heroes, if anything its probably superior to Marvel Heroes, as i don't think you have the option to create a character in that gameimage
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Originally posted by Phry
    The game pretty much failed on PC, but on Console it seems to have fared far better, its a bit dated now but it probably compares well to games like Marvel Heroes, if anything its probably superior to Marvel Heroes, as i don't think you have the option to create a character in that gameimage

Graphically its pretty up there in comparison to other MMOs. I mean when you say dated, the majority of the content is, yes,  but it still looks great, especially in comparison to games like GW2, WoW and even some newer games like Wildstar.  

So many great points to this game, and while they have added some decent content over the years, it wasn't enough to keep me.  Still one of my favorites though. 

• RedAlert539RedAlert539 Member UncommonPosts: 115

"She thinks shes playing a new version of CoH :D"

Ok, now you convinced me that she's never played CoH.