Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game blows Diablo 3 away

Comments

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by LuciousVictis
    Originally posted by Niburu
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

although i havent played D3 i would prefer D3 over PoE for two reasons.

1) The console version with gamepad controls and not point and click.

2) The console version has offline mode so i if the servers die i still own and can play the game.

PoE is a very solid ARPG. Despite me hating point and click, PoE is a fun game. But for those two reasons alone i would choose D3 (obviosuly the console version only)

See, thats the point of the whole thread. You prefer a modern, easy mode game created by economics. While the hardcore crowd that played flight simulators with 7 years because it was cool in the 90s wants something that is cool

That has absolutely nothing with what he said at all... Do you people even bother reading thru and understanding what people write here? This is a matter of gameplay style preference, hes clearly not a fan of the point and click and this has nothing to do with D3 being more modern. Being modern is very subjective, technically poe is much more modern with its graphics engine and overall depth of the game. On the other hand, D3 is following this new ``modern`` casual trend with its stylized graphics, shallow gameplay.

If anything, D3 is the cool thing to play since its blizzard crap and overall popularity.

Anyway, i havent played poe in a long time but i still consider it being ONE of the BEST indie game of all time.

playing infront of the tv relaxed with a gamepad usually means console, console means easy games.

see how CoD for consoles ruined shooters, no more UT99

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by boxsnd

You do realize that this feature makes HC viable right? Ever wonder why nobody plays hc in D3? Because if you disconnect/crash it is almost always certain death.

That is fine, but there is no reason for them to develop the game around such a feature.   It artificially inflates damage values under the assumption that if it is too much for a player, then they just log out.  Unfortuneately, this leads to their current development of the game where all character builds are limited to max defensive stats.  It isn't possible to build a more offensive character with a weakness because they will be instantly one shotted.  

That was in the past when I last played and I have no idea if they have changed the way things are.  

• Originally posted by Niburu

Originally posted by LuciousVictis

Originally posted by Niburu

Originally posted by rojoArcueid although i havent played D3 i would prefer D3 over PoE for two reasons. 1) The console version with gamepad controls and not point and click. 2) The console version has offline mode so i if the servers die i still own and can play the game.   PoE is a very solid ARPG. Despite me hating point and click, PoE is a fun game. But for those two reasons alone i would choose D3 (obviosuly the console version only)
    See, thats the point of the whole thread. You prefer a modern, easy mode game created by economics. While the hardcore crowd that played flight simulators with 7 years because it was cool in the 90s wants something that is cool
    That has absolutely nothing with what he said at all... Do you people even bother reading thru and understanding what people write here? This is a matter of gameplay style preference, hes clearly not a fan of the point and click and this has nothing to do with D3 being more modern. Being modern is very subjective, technically poe is much more modern with its graphics engine and overall depth of the game. On the other hand, D3 is following this new ``modern`` casual trend with its stylized graphics, shallow gameplay. If anything, D3 is the cool thing to play since its blizzard crap and overall popularity. Anyway, i havent played poe in a long time but i still consider it being ONE of the BEST indie game of all time.
    playing infront of the tv relaxed with a gamepad usually means console, console means easy games.

see how CoD for consoles ruined shooters, no more UT99

I laughed so hard to this. So if you're using mouse and keyboard that game is hardcore. But if you're using your gamepad you're just a casual gamer? Please tell me what you're drinking? I want it too... Only games that casual on consoles are fps games. That's all. You make me laugh big time thanks a lot...

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

I got around 100 hours on Diablo 3... and that is being generous.

2k+ hours on POE and I still come back when new patches come out.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Originally posted by iridescence
    Originally posted by Varex12
    D3 was slightly better at launch.  Now?  It's not even close.  D3 is vastly superior on every level.  

....in your opinion.

Hey, Some people like simple consolofied games with childish graphics, little build diversity and RMT (OK at least they finally took the last thing out after a year or two.)  Oh don't forget a single-player game that requires you to be always online for no reason. 

Personally I'm happy I never wasted money on D3. Wouldn't touch that shit if they gave it away free. PoE on the other hand I'd strongly consider paying for if they asked.

At least his opinion is based on playing the game which makes his have more value than yours. I played both games and had fun with both. I did find D3 to be a higher quality game which puts it ahead of P3 for me.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

IMO diablo 3 is by far the best ARPG on the market when you take the emotion out of hating blizard or hating all things mainstream.

POE is a good game and it's free, definitely the better value but other than that it just doesn't stack up in many ways.

if POE featured pvp similar to what D2 had or even totally in the open, now that would go a long way and make me want to play POE over D3.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by baphamet

IMO diablo 3 is by far the best ARPG on the market when you take the emotion out of hating blizard or hating all things mainstream.

POE is a good game and it's free, definitely the better value but other than that it just doesn't stack up in many ways.

if POE featured pvp similar to what D2 had or even totally in the open, now that would go a long way and make me want to play POE over D3.

I hate opinion or statements without any reason why .    Everyone has a opinion!  Now why exactly is Diablo3 better than POE?

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by ozerinx
    PoE hands down is a better game minus the desync and if you are a hardcore player you take into account that everyone else has desync so man up and deal with it instead of complaining like a whuss. 

So you are saying POE is better then D3 because......no reasons given other then that POE has desyncs?

Solid statement, well done.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by ozerinx
    PoE hands down is a better game minus the desync and if you are a hardcore player you take into account that everyone else has desync so man up and deal with it instead of complaining like a whuss. 

So you are saying POE is better then D3 because......no reasons given other then that POE has desyncs?

Solid statement, well done.

Solid indeed..

POE is great, but Diablo has done some great changed to it, bringing in the Seasons etc.

Both games are good in their own way..

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

PoE has better theorycrafting.

D3 has better gameplay.

End result is that I follow PoE's forums and patches while playing D3.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Originally posted by gobla

D3 has better gameplay.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    I play both , Alot:)   .. both are great games and deliver tons of fun ... also along with Grim Dawn i have thoausnads of hours of arse kikin ARPG entertainment for the forseeable future
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

D3 has better gameplay.

LOL!

I enjoy both games, but I play D3 more simply because it's much easier to come back to.

With Diablo I get to jump right back into the action with minimal fuss, but with PoE I usually come back and wind up looking at a respec with an expression of pure dread while I try to figure out what "path" to choose on that huge spiderweb of a skill tree.

If I mess up that free respec because I'm rusty, it'll be on me, and respeccing again is a HUGE pain in that game due to the stupid tokens you need. Starting a new character is out of the question too, since I'd have to theorycraft for hours and settle on a build I want to pursue before spending my skill points.

So the last couple of times I've tried to return to PoE I wound up logging off again within an hour of playing and turned to another game instead. =/

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• urriel1970urriel1970 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    for everything you just wrote about..i have never had these issues...maybe you need a new computer..as for the graphic..path hands down wins...the textures are better..the animations are better....and you can see everything clearly.....the game is hand down much better then d3.....and its a free to play game giving it a huge advantage over d3....so for all the trouble your having i think its system related...i've never had any of those issues..
  • SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Despite i think D3 has more quality as a game, i enjoy PoE more. I m 550 Paragon at D3 but i have played way less hours than PoE. Imho if PoE had the graphics & animations of D3 it would be a real blast.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• reznovareznova Member Posts: 2

I swear, people do this on purpose.

Path of Exile has been my primary online game, for quite some time now and I love every second of my gameplay. - No, Path of Exile does not blow Diablo III away. They have their cons and pros, they both are great games and as a fellow ARPG lover, I have played and have been playing both.

For the love of Inanna, stop comparing similar games and just enjoy what they have to offer.

PS - Check out Grim Dawn.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

D3 has better gameplay.

LOL!

I enjoy both games, but I play D3 more simply because it's much easier to come back to.

With Diablo I get to jump right back into the action with minimal fuss, but with PoE I usually come back and wind up looking at a respec with an expression of pure dread while I try to figure out what "path" to choose on that huge spiderweb of a skill tree.

If I mess up that free respec because I'm rusty, it'll be on me, and respeccing again is a HUGE pain in that game due to the stupid tokens you need. Starting a new character is out of the question too, since I'd have to theorycraft for hours and settle on a build I want to pursue before spending my skill points.

So the last couple of times I've tried to return to PoE I wound up logging off again within an hour of playing and turned to another game instead. =/

Same! I  mean POE is great, but D3 really does have the "X-Factor". Same goes for Destiny. It's like mindless fun at it's best. There's really nothing wrong with that, either. I think that if people are looking for something deep in theorycrafting, POE is great. You're totally right, though, the few times I've tried to re-pick-it-up, I found the respec to be daunting and draining. So you usually just end up looking up specs online, so the theorycrafting is very limited. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Mostly I'd agree that it does, but theres a few reasons that i keep returning to Diablo when i need an ARPG fix and not to PoE.

After playing Diablo, PoE simply feels clunky, It's camera angle feels wrong, and It's graphics feel outdated.

Diablo is a far smoother experience, if i had to pick one of these to play forever I'd pick PoE, but if i needed a quick fix I'd go with the polish of Diablo 3 every single time.

I truly hope we'll see a polished Path of Exile 2, i have no doubt GGG will ruin any possible future diablo could've had if they ever release this product.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Redcor
     Amazing, just played this for a few days now and I am amazed at how much better this is than Diablo 3. Goes to show that even a billion dollar company like Blizard can be outdone at thier own game. Path of Exile is not just better its WAY better. Crap, even the graphics are better than a company with an unlimited budget. lol. If you have not played this yet give it a least an hour of your time. And its free. wow

completely disagree, however it is a really good game for being totally free.

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081

I played it, and I found the game bland, unnecessarily overcomplicated (Loot Sockets, Passive Skill Tree are nice at first but become a bit of a hassle overall).  Also, the game's combat isn't all that great, the animations are terrible, even this game's most fervent fans readily admit that Diablo 3 is far ahead - graphically - compared to this game so I'm not sure how some random here can expect to be taken seriously when he says PoE has superior graphics (inB4 obligatory: "it's MY opinion").

Also, too much spamming just one or two skills.  I was watching some of the top streamers on twitch and talking to people there in chat, and all he did for about an hour was use one AoE skill on his toon.  He barely did anything else.  Just spammed that one button.  People in chat pretty much agreed with him that all you use, pretty much, is one or two skills for everything.  Lol.

I didn't find the gameplay compelling.  The graphics were horrible, the environments didn't look good.  The character creation is pretty terrible, I don't think  you can even choose a specific quest (good luck if you want a Male witch).

One thing I do like is the fact that it has pretty middling system requirements.  Even lower end mid-range notebooks can play this game at 40-60FPS easily.

But I think this only is better for Diablo II players who expected Diablo III to be Diablo II with an updated graphics engine.  I find diablo superior in almost every way except loot variety.

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    poe is better because is F2P and better endgame and great passive tree  and  they more care for players and they working hard every week 1 update
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

The camera angle in this game is horrible, and a game breaker for me.

I wish the camera was like D3 or Marvel Heroes.

Also, the projectiles do not shoot in the mouse cursor direction, but rather at the feet of the character direction... WTF!

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    This game is TOTALLY  AWESOME!!  Thriving population, currently a blast! I highly recommend this over Diablo 3!
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Redcor
     Amazing, just played this for a few days now and I am amazed at how much better this is than Diablo 3. Goes to show that even a billion dollar company like Blizard can be outdone at thier own game. Path of Exile is not just better its WAY better. Crap, even the graphics are better than a company with an unlimited budget. lol. If you have not played this yet give it a least an hour of your time. And its free. wow

D3 combat IMO is actually much better than PoE. The direction that the projectile goes on ranged characters in PoE follows a realistic trajectory but looks horribly off in the isometric viewpoint. This causes me to whiff shots that I shouldn't all the time. I like PoE but it really comes off as a much rougher, less polished version of D3. I love some of the concepts though and prior to D3 getting fixed up it was an easy win for PoE.

As someone else said, "The camera angle in this game is horrible, and a game breaker for me.I wish the camera was like D3 or Marvel Heroes.Also, the projectiles do not shoot in the mouse cursor direction, but rather at the feet of the character direction... WTF!"

Steam: Neph

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    I try coming back every once in a while and the poor art and combat kills it for me.  I appreciate it for what it is, but it's just not nearly polished enough to keep me.