Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Added to Our Games List

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

We've added a brand new game to our games list. Based on an extremely poular television franchise that spawned 5 television series and 10 movies, Star Trek Online is bound to be a game that many of us will watch closely.

We added it to our list today thanks to the release of two in-game screenshots (one of the criteria for a game to be on our list). You can view them in our gallery or above.

"Star Trek Online is a massively multiplayer online game where you will join Starfleet and explore the greatest wonders and discoveries from our galaxy and beyond. You will team up with thousands of other players as you advance from Starfleet Academy and master your skills aboard a starship. Your journey will take you to far-away posts at the fringes of known space where you will carry out missions to establish contact with new civilizations while protecting the values of the Federation during a time of rising tensions. Rising through the ranks will test your abilities as a warrior, diplomat, explorer, and most importantly: a leader. Play your cards right and you will one day become Captain of your own starship and chart your own course to the final frontier." - http://startrek.perpetual.com/

For more information on Star Trek Online, click here.

If you would like to hype this game, or view screenshots, click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Nice game.

I rather work than play STO, but it is nice, it in own way.

Now if only GalCivs was available for me to play tonigh.  *make puppy eyes*  Oh well maybe tomorrow.  Online buying is not something I like to do...I want my box, if I could play tonight and download right away and receive my box in a month or whatever, sure...but that doesn't work that way, if you have the box, you can't play before you get it...which prove to be problematic in the short term.  image

Back to STO...well, let's just say it target audience is the same as Brad, but with a different approach.  Not for me at all hehe.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• hoss777hoss777 Member Posts: 3

The prestige system as part of the pseudo-currency seems really exciting... Hope that it is totally invisible to the player so that it promotes playing the game and not just reading guides to quickly progress. Also if prestige plays a big enough roll then maybe they will not have the same itemization problems of other MMOs.

I'm not a huge Star Trek fan but I'm sure I have seen most if not all the episodes and am quite excited to see this released in a few years.

--
    If only I knew what the hell I'm doing here!!!!

• FlatfingersFlatfingers Member Posts: 114

Although not much official information on STO has been released yet, I'm encouraged by the number of times the words "explore" and "exploration" keep popping up.

If it turns out to be just another "quick, kill it before it dies!" level-grinding, loot-collecting game, count me out.

If however they really do get it, if Perpetual actually does put exploration and science and discovery on an equal footing with combat, I will definitely consider playing this game.

So far signs are encouraging. One to watch....

--Flatfingers