Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2, Aion or Age of Wushu

funshinesfunshines Member Posts: 1

Trying to decide which to play but don't have the time to try them all. 

What I like in MMOS:

-Good PvP.  The only two games that PvP had my attention where Hi rate private Ragnarok servers and Dragons Nest. Open world PvP is a +

-Popularity, I hate running around and not seeing people... 

-Good endgame. I'm a huge fan of FFXI and an okay fan of FFXIV but those games had amazing endgame but lacked good PvP.

-F2P... rent >

I'm going to assume if I want endgame then I go to EQ2, if I want PvP then Age of Wushu and Aion is a mix of both? How dead are the games though? I reinstalled Rift (the PvP in that game is okay and I could level just doing it which is awesome) but lost interest because I was the only person doing shit in my area. 

Comments

• G4NK3DG4NK3D Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I'm personally about to go to DAoC for a change.  Just gonna check it out with the new update.  I've heard the PvP in that game is still far better than most other MMO's
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Originally posted by funshines

What I like in MMOS:

-Good PvP.  The only two games that PvP had my attention where Hi rate private Ragnarok servers and Dragons Nest. Open world PvP is a +

-Good endgame. I'm a huge fan of FFXI and an okay fan of FFXIV but those games had amazing endgame but lacked good PvP.

-F2P... rent >

I'm going to assume if I want endgame then I go to EQ2, if I want PvP then Age of Wushu and Aion is a mix of both? How dead are the games though? I reinstalled Rift (the PvP in that game is okay and I could level just doing it which is awesome) but lost interest because I was the only person doing shit in my area. 

Not sure how EQ2 is doing as the last time i looked was a long time ago (several months) it seem to have a community but I didn't see much of it. Course i was very low level so they may have all been at high end.

Aion when i played it a month or so ago had a decent pop, i saw several people and it seemed good.

Wushu is what i'm playing now (have it open in the background while i'm waiting for my infamy to drop), so i have the most recent knowledge of it. there are 3 servers, the one i'm on (golden panda) has a decent pop and actually this is a new server (less then a month old).  This comes with some pros and cons. Pro most of the people are going to be near the same level and activity on the server is higher then a less active one. Con we only have tier 2 out of (I think) 6 open so it's kind of like an EQ progression server that just started.

EQ2 is good if you want a traditional experience and a solid community, Aion is good if you want a newer experience and something more around our time. Wushu is more for the pvp and more sandboxy approach than the other two provide.

Note of warning about Wushu, Snail is kind of messing with how teall (thats the currency you can actually trade with other players) is be gotten (they claim it's to deflate the economy that the bots they had trouble with before inflated, i call it trying to inflate their economy by making teal harder to get). It used to be any kidnapping/rescue got you teal but now it seems to be only during certain hours.  The most reliable way to get teal is to pick up a craft and work that  up, you'll get a lot of silver in the game but this is near worthless as it can only be used for activities and purchases with NPCs. 

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by G4NK3D
    I'm personally about to go to DAoC for a change.  Just gonna check it out with the new update.  I've heard the PvP in that game is still far better than most other MMO's

PvP was awesome. But you wont be having much fun with it. You have a literal fuck ton of absolute hardcore korean style grinding to be truly competitive. When they added TOA they literally took a big steaming dump on their fan base. They pulled a god damned trammel on us here.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by madazz
    Originally posted by G4NK3D

PvP was awesome. But you wont be having much fun with it. You have a literal fuck ton of absolute hardcore korean style grinding to be truly competitive. When they added TOA they literally took a big steaming dump on their fan base. They pulled a god damned trammel on us here.

Not true at all. DAOC TOA content is not hard at all to complete now. Just gain some bounty points and glass and you re set. It used to suck in that way, but now it s not an issue at all. Get in a decent guild though, soloing at end game rvr will suck.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I enjoyed Aion the most.  Nice graphics, good combat mechanics, fast pace combat. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Drunk-fuDrunk-fu Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by funshines

What I like in MMOS:

-F2P... rent >

In case you are from NA, then Aion might be a good choice, at least better than playing it in EU.

But keep in mind the store offers p2w items just as any other f2p game out there.

So if you give it a shot, you might want to research which NA server has a healthy population.

Because if your faction is overpopulated, or the opposing faction is, it will certainly ruin your pvp experience.

Unless you want to roll hardcore, the go whatever server asmo side, which is usually underplayed, so you can "shoot in all direction".

If i remember well, it is getting an update (Upheaval) today.

On a side note, im not sure what you mean by endgame, but certainly isn't the strongest point of Aion.