Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Never thought this day would come..18.7 is here

skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?613558-18-7-0-Update-Release-Notes&p=6208846#post6208846

Doesn't seem that great, but it's nice to have new content. Now if they'd only lower the price of 1 month subs.

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
Warframe:Skuly1775

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Is this game worth playing? Never played it before.

Looks interesting:

Enjoy unparalleled character customization, including 80 character skills, hundreds of special attacks, thousands of items and a wide range of clothes, weapons and armour. No other online game delivers more character customization and depth.

Explore an epic and believable sci-fi universe with an involving and deep backstory

Experience fast-paced gameplay with action and intensity.

Choose your playing style and select one of 14 different professions. Soldier, Agent, Bureaucrat, Meta-Phycisist, Nano Technician, Doctor, Shade, Engineer, Trader, Adventurer, Fixer, Keeper, Enforcer or Martial Artist... you choose.

Go solo or join teams and organizations, AO is packed with fun content for everyone

Instanced dungeon areas mixed with a wide range of static dungeons and quests means that there is always something to do, even for that half hour session.

Express yourself through voice, emotes or chat in a fantastic social environment with clubs, bars, organization cities, player apartments, social clothes and much more.

Fight thousands of exciting monsters in a fantastic player versus monster/environment gameworld, or challenge human opponents to conquer land in large PvP areas.

Is it OPEN world PVP?

I may have to wait for the NEW engine before I try.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    New engine?  Haven't they been promising this for years now?   
  • BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    A GREAT game but it is hard to look at ;(, at least for me anyway.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by flizzer
    New engine?  Haven't they been promising this for years now?   

This update is said to be a pre engine update. They said this update has to be on live first. So if this is true the engine is still in the works and said to be on the beta test server now.

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Tokken

Is it group heavy or solo heavy?

PvE? PvP? Thanks.

AO is a gen1 game - as all other gen1 games (UO,EQ1, AC, DAoC) - it is IMO awesome.

Totally worth playing.

Agreed i can't see the new generation of mmo players liking how this game looks at all. Its a game for us old timers.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

Originally posted by Hariken
    Originally posted by DMKano Originally posted by Tokken Is this game worth playing? Never played it before. Is it group heavy or solo heavy? PvE? PvP? Thanks.
    AO is a gen1 game - as all other gen1 games (UO,EQ1, AC, DAoC) - it is IMO awesome. Totally worth playing.
    Agreed i can't see the new generation of mmo players liking how this game looks at all. Its a game for us old timers.

I remember AO fondly, only thing i don't like about it is their sub prices. Has a sub thats fine but FC charged less sub on their newer games than they do on AO

The change to the look of ICC headquarters is really something. I think they added new weapon stats to some of the older weapons in the game to. And i see new armors added. Stuff that will level with you too. What i really like about this game is your not lead around to quest hub to hub. Your free to do what you want. Last night i did one of my favorite things by joining a hunting party at formans barracks. I forgot how dam much fun that used to be. And the xp wasn't bad i gained two more levels rather quickly and made some new friends. The only graphics change so far is to the way the sky looks. Sunsets are even better than before. So i guess they really are still working on the graphic changes.
  • deadmanbelldeadmanbell Member UncommonPosts: 69

Deddmeat!!!!

Man you are right on. There pricing for this game is and has been horrible. In the era of F2P and cash shops a sub program like this has no place and turns people away (especially for the age of the game). I will never play this game again until they fix this. It should be a 5.99 sub or free to play. They (funcom) are either stupid, Lazy, or ignorant at some level and it ticks me off because I do love this game. They are not getting a dime from me until they provide real value. But they don't listen to the player base at all so they get what they deserve, dwindling population and a dying game.  

You want a good indicator of this game. Go to the main webpage and look at community corner. There use to be 20 plus pages of comments on patch notes and monthly update letters. Now they are lucky to get 3 to 5. The people that really care about this game are so tired of not being heard over years and years most of them either just shut up and play or have moved on. I have moved on.

This is too little to late for this game. I feel sorry for the three people that got stuck working on this title at this point. Maybe The Repopulation can take AO place?

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140
    I am in the USA and I thought $14.99 was a lot, but I hear some people in EU pay like $20 with VAT fee.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I would really like to play, but it is wicked dated.  They've talked about upgrading for a long time, but it never seems to materialize.  Would it be better to stop trying to fix such an outdated game, or use the new engine on an anarchy 'reborn' type of thing?

I self identify as a monkey.

• luisrkillerluisrkiller Member UncommonPosts: 107

PvE? PvP? Thanks.

AO is a gen1 game - as all other gen1 games (UO,EQ1, AC, DAoC) - it is IMO awesome.

Totally worth playing.

I gotta say, the game looks really dated but it is worth the try; it has some pretty good elements. Only thing that drives people away is the sub price; newer generations of MMOers don't see the sense in playing a game that seems so dated, and has such a high cost per month, when they can get better options for free or a lower cost. By dated I don't particularly mean the graphics, but the UI, mechanics, etc.

It's a good nostalgic play imho.

Originally posted by luisrkiller

PvE? PvP? Thanks.

Totally worth playing.

I gotta say, the game looks really dated but it is worth the try; it has some pretty good elements. Only thing that drives people away is the sub price; newer generations of MMOers don't see the sense in playing a game that seems so dated, and has such a high cost per month, when they can get better options for free or a lower cost. By dated I don't particularly mean the graphics, but the UI, mechanics, etc.

It's a good nostalgic play imho.

I agree about the sub.price. The game is so dated. I can't believe they think they will pull in new players with their model. The game came out around the same year Everquest 1 did for crying out loud. I think EQ1 is free to play now.

• DrDread74DrDread74 Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I remember playing Anarchy online when it first came out. Macro hack on the Shop for MedPaks, bought everyone spaceships. That and power leveling against that giant At-At thing with a Mirror shield. Good times.

http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/
     An MMO game I created, solo. It's live now and absolutely free to play!
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    This was my first mmorpg and I will always have a soft spot for it. Despite the graphics being dated, the game itself to me is pretty awesome, intense, massive in territory and huge content to explore. Back in the days this game was riddled with bugs (like most games from its era), however was always busy with players and the game was pure fun (had a big learning curve, complexity, no hand holding and had it made you feel like you were on a alien planet with the crazy sound effects, music and ambiance).

If your into graphics in your mmo's, I would say AO will leave you disappointed, however if you can look pass the graphics, this game will keep you busy and entertained. There is so much information on what to do in this game, so get ready to look up a lot of information to understand what should I be doing in this game.
  • GrintchGrintch Member UncommonPosts: 132
    This was a year ago.
  • skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140
    I change my stance on sub price, they can keep it $15 but they need to make some of the early expansions free, at least shadowlands but probably even Alien invasion. IF people want to pay $15 for all the new gear and content since then.. fine.

I have no faith left in Funcom though.

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200
    edited May 2016
    I'll be back playing if they implement a "classic server" without expansions  and all that cash shop nonsense. Funcom made  a hefty mistake when they decided to modernize (cash shop, social pets, battlestation, daily quests, etc.) AO.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

Anarchy Online + BDO's graphics = World Domination.