Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - current ship pipeline status

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Originally posted by adam_nox

There's a formula I use to decide whether you can rightly claim that an item can be earned in-game with no real money expenses.

Take the number of hours it takes doing things less than ideal to earn the item times current federal minimum wage.  If that value is greater than the dollar cost of buying the item outright, then you cannot claim it can be earned without real money.

Hmm, using that formula i estimate that 98 % of all items in ALL games i play are not worth the time and would force me to spend real money to obtain it.   Which .... is not the case.

So - at least for me - that formula does not work.

In some cases item gathering has a meditative effect in my gameplay, a relaxing task after a long working day. I am aware that i could get more-value-per-hour doing something different ... but if i do that, it would not be gaming.

Have fun

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Originally posted by adam_nox

There's a formula I use to decide whether you can rightly claim that an item can be earned in-game with no real money expenses.

Take the number of hours it takes doing things less than ideal to earn the item times current federal minimum wage.  If that value is greater than the dollar cost of buying the item outright, then you cannot claim it can be earned without real money.

Which would be ? Some people love mining asteroids for money, some people love blowing pirates up for money. Those games aren't just about doing the ''best'' you can and avoid all the rest.

You just play the game and unlock new stuff as you go, that's the best part of any rpg game to me. If you just buy everything because it's the easiest ride then what's the point of playing the game in the first place.

Aurora Recall for weapon repairs has ended - Aurora back in action :-) .

Downside .. no more free Origin 300i replacement ship for the duration of the recall and repair :-(

Have fun

"ROBERTS SPACE INDUSTRIES – WARRANTY RECEIPT

Greetings Aurora Pilot,

Roberts Space Industries has completed a warranty service repair on your spacecraft. As required by the United Empire of Earth Spacecraft Operational Safety Bureau, you have not been charged for the work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK: Alliance Startech KS-9 Fission Mount pile reset; o-rings at junctions CRS-945, CRS-1033 and CRS-1877 have been replaced with brickrete attach layers. Internal thruster fan blades have been replaced. Spacecraft has undergone a complete coolant flush.

PLEASE RETURN YOUR ORIGIN 300i LOANER SPACECRAFT AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE.

--> NEVER !! :-)   **** zips off to Spider and hides from The Authority ****

Systems Checklist

[PASS] Software Boot-Up
    [PASS] MobiGlas Tie-In Successful
    [PASS] Turbines to Power
    [PASS] Atomic Batteries to Speed
    [PASS] Hangar Test
    [PASS] Vacuum Test
    [PASS] Shield Bubble Test
    [PASS] Live Fire Test

ENGINEER SIGN-OFF: Schriber Orts "

Its FREE Origin 300 ship week !!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14497-Test-Drive-The-Origin-Jumpworks-300-Series

Have fun

Quote :

"For the next week, we are unlocking the entire Origin 300 series for all backers to try out! This includes the following ships:

300i

If you’re going to travel the stars… why not do it in style? The 300i is Origin Jumpworks’ premiere luxury spacecraft. It is a sleek, silver killer that sends as much of a message with its silhouette as it does with its weaponry.

315p

Exploration is man’s highest calling. Prepare to chart distant horizons with man’s most sophisticated piece of technology, the ORIGIN 315p. Featuring a more robust power plant and a custom scanning package, exclusively designed by Chimera Communications.

325a

Just because it’s a rough galaxy doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice your comfort: the 325a can come out on top in any dogfight. The 325a features an advanced weapon payload as well as a custom targeting system designed especially for the 325a by WillsOp.

350r

The combination of a Gangleri BP 707 Standard powerplant with a 300i fuselage re-engineered to accommodate twin Hammer Propulsion HM 4.3 thrusters makes the 350r the fastest personal craft you’ll ever call your own.

We hope you enjoy this opportunity to test drive Origin’s 300 lineup. Testing these ships will be extremely valuable. The 300 series can handle any of your space travel needs. The 300 Series by Origin Jumpworks!"

Test drive the Cutlass Black for FREE (no matter what pledge package ship you have) this week  and celebrate the "Fly like a pirate" week ! YARR !

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14538-Cutlass-Test-Drive-And-Blue-Sale

Have fun

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by TheYear1500
    Originally posted by st3v3b0 Originally posted by Jakdstripper fixed it for you. feel free to add missing ones. 
    Also note that ALL ships will be available in-game post release using in-game credits.
    Nope,  you can't get the Scythe with insurance in game, could only get it with cash.  The Idris will be in limited numbers taht will be auctioned each month, so not everyone will be able to get that either. 

You live in fantasy land and make stuff up to suit your posts.

There has never been any mention of monthly auctions for ships - you just made that up in your head. (there is a word for people who make stuff in their head and think it's reality - there is also medication for it)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14652-Star-Citizen-Alpha-111-Released

Anvil Gladiator

"Star Citizen Alpha 1.1.1 is now available via the launcher! Today’s update adds a variety of bug fixes, balance changes and general updates intended to improve the Arena Commander experience. Additional bomber pilots can also man their planes: the Anvil Gladiator is now flyable!"

Turrets Active

"One major focus for the Star Citizen team is adding multi-crew ships to Arena Commander. This is a significant engineering challenge, but it’s something we’re already making great strides with. With Star Citizen Alpha 1.1.1, you can get a very early sneak peek of what’s to come. Starting today, three of our ships, the Super Hornet, the Cutlass Black and the newly released Gladiator, now feature basic turrets which can be manned by a second player.

Turret seats can’t be accessed via a menu yet, but pilots eager to experiment with the system can still use them. Simply have two players land in multiplayer Free Flight mode and then board a turret-equipped ship together! There’s a LOT more to come when it comes to multi-crew systems, but we hope you enjoy your very first taste of manning a ship together."

Bombs Away

"You may notice that the Gladiator has something new: a quartet of very large (size 5) Stalker V missiles. We wanted to introduce this weapon in Arena Commander as we continue to develop the mechanics for our bombers.

The goal for the Gladiator is for it to fly like its inspiration: World War II dive bombers such as the SBD Dauntless and Aichi Val. Star Citizen will feature both large class torpedoes (like those on the Retaliator) that will require careful planning and nerve-wracking ranged attack runs AND large, high explosive missiles. The Gladiator’s job is to get in close. Where the Retaliator fires from a distance, the Gladiator is part of the delivery mechanism. You’ll line up your attack run, fight your way through the fighter screens and aim your ‘bomb’ where you want to hit a ship, swooping in close to fire it. These munitions punch through shields to hit the armour of a ship directly and once fired they’re very difficult to stop. If you’re on the opposing side, your job is to shoot down a Gladiator before it can release a payload.

There are no capital ships to attack in Arena Commander just yet, so we’ve provided a set of Stalkers for Gladiator pilots to experiment in Arena Commander before these new capital ship busters are introduced. After all, it never hurt anyone to have an especially large missile to experiment with! As no other currently available ships can mount a size 5 missile, they are not yet available separately in the REC store or Voyager Direct."

Go ahead - play your sci-fi version of the Battle of Midway with space "dive" bombers and big unguided bombs .... why am I suddenly reminded of orc warplanes from Warhammer 40K ??  ;-)  Paint em red !!

Have fun

PS: 

In the original post - updated the ship pipeline list.

Many ships changed to "complete"  and therefore flyable in Arena Commander

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14663-Test-Drive-The-Racing-Ships

"For the next week all of the racing focused ships are free to fly! If you have the Need For Speed this is for you. Be careful not to Burnout as you fly by your competitors in a Blur.

The ships available for free flight the next week include:

• The Origin Jumpworks M50
    • The Origin Jumpworks 350r
    • The Consolidated Outland Mustang Gamma

These free fly weeks provide valuable testing metrics so we can continue to build this game together. Thank you citizens for the continued support and dedication. Go for the Murray Cup!"

Go racing and watch the Formula 1 race on the other screen for inspiration ;-)

Have fun

CIG shows the MISC "Hull" line of cargo liners :

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14661-A-Hull-For-Every-Job-The-MISC-Hull-Series

A modular cargo liner series that can be expanded to the volume of cargo needed.

Have fun

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14681-Hull-A-Q-A

Starting today CIG will take a closer look at the MISC Hull ships ... one every day. The MISC Hull A - the smallest version - is discussed under the link above.

--> "We thought we’d try something a little different with the Hull series: we’re focusing on a different model each day, collecting all the existing art and fiction and answering some of your questions wherever possible! Tomorrow, we’ll highlight the Hull B, Wednesday the Hull C, Thursday the Hull D and Friday the Hull E. Let us know in the comments below if this is helpful, and we’ll look at similar posts for future concept sales."

" “I bought my first [Hull] A used, when I was first starting out… her previous owner had named her SNUGBUG and try as I might to come up with something else, the name stuck. Snugbug and I had some good times. I got my start flying short runs; ground to starside, starside to ground to pick up crates off the bulk freighters over and over to make a name for myself. Spent more on fuel than I ever did flying duration missions! By the time I was worth a journeyman hauler rating, Snugbug was outfitted well enough to fend off the occasional pirate and I started moving whatever I could cross-system to make a ‘cred. Weirdest thing I ever shipped? It was livestock, grown on Terra… these weird cube-shaped chickens. Looked like meaty rectangles. Had to have a special transport module so they could breathe vacuum in-flight. I kid you not. Never saw anything like it, but the Banu ate them up. Literally.

- Captain Ike Chamner, Free Trader"

Have fun

"Cargo Chart

Cubic meters? Freight Units? Standard Cargo Units?! We’ve gone through several iterations for measuring cargo, to the point that our own design team has confused the two on occasion. Today, we’re setting the record straight with a ‘master’ list. Dan Tracy has measured every ship currently ‘in-engine’ and made estimates for others (such as the Merchantman) which are not. As of today, this is the definitive list of cargo capacity and these numbers will be applied to the stats page. Please pay special intent to the comparative sizes rather than simply the number; these are the best indicator of where these ships are intended to fall on the spectrum, regardless of the units of measurement we use."

Ship Name Cubic Meters SCU Actual
    Aegis Avenger 23.4375 12
    Aegis Reclaimer (Raw) 12240 6266.88
    Aegis Reclaimer (Cargo) 562.5 288
    Aegis Redeemer (Marines) 23.4375 12
    Aegis Redeemer (No Marines) 46.875 24
    Aegis Retaliator 250 128
    Anvil Carrack 2065.5 1057.536
    Anvil Hornet F7C 24.4921875 12.54
    Consolidated Mustang 19.140625 9.8
    Drake Cutlass 63.75 32.64
    Drake Caterpillar 1000 512
    Origin 890 Jump 703.125 360
    Origin 300i 7.8125 4
    Origin 325a 7.8125 4
    Origin 315p 11.71875 6
    RSI Aurora CL 45 23.04
    RSI Aurora (Others) 25 12.8
    RSI Constellation Andromeda 262.5 134.4
    RSI Constellation Taurus 462.5 236.8
    RSI Orion (Ore) 27000 13824
    RSI Orion (Cargo) 421.875 216
    MISC Starfarer 7897.5 4043.52
    MISC Freelancer 101.25 51.84
    MISC Freelancer MAX 241.09375 123.44
    MISC Hull A 93.75 48
    MISC Hull B 750 384
    MISC Hull C 9000 4608
    MISC Hull D 40500 20736
    MISC Hull E 192000 98304
    Banu Merchantman 9800 5017.6

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14684-Hull-B-Q-A

Have fun

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14694-Fleshing-Out-The-Starfarer

Update on the MISC Starfarer with new information and pictures.

Have fun

For the whole week you can test fly for free all the starter ships (no matter what ship is in your pledge package)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14720-Test-Drive-The-Starter-Ships

"The ships available for free flight include:

• Mustang Alpha
    • Mustang Beta
    • Mustang Delta
    • Mustang Gamma
    • Mustang Omega
    • Aurora ES
    • Aurora MR
    • Aurora LN
    • Aurora CL
    • Aurora LX

These free fly weeks provide valuable testing metrics"

Have fun

More information on MISC Reliant (third starter ship) now available.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14730-MISC-Reliant-Now-Available

Original Post updated. 

Have fun 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14746-Test-Drive-The-Military-Ships

"For the next week our military ships are free to fly! The entire Hornet line along with the Gladius and the Gladiator are open to all Star Citizen backers!

The ships available for free flight include:

Anvil Hornet F7A
    Anvil Hornet F7C
    Anvil Hornet F7C-R
    Anvil Hornet F7C-S
    Anvil Hornet F7C-M

Anvil Gladiator

Aegis Gladius

These free fly weeks provide valuable testing metrics so we can continue to build this game together. Thank you citizens for the continued support and dedication."

Have fun

• Icky_BlehIcky_Bleh Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Erillion do you work for Roberts Space Industries? Are you like, the forum hype guy? I am just wondering if your opinions about the game are genuine or based on $$. wink wink
  • HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    Originally posted by Icky_Bleh
    Erillion do you work for Roberts Space Industries? Are you like, the forum hype guy? I am just wondering if your opinions about the game are genuine or based on $$. wink wink

why should he be? just because ignorant people dare to complain about a buisness model, when it clearly is peoples own choice to spend 100s - its the all new RFTP model, Ripping off Fans To (maybe) Play. 

At some point you may understand that in a crowdfunding campaign every backer is also a promoter of the game (s)he supports. That is why (s)he supported it in the first place. No need for CIG to employ a ton of PR people. They have 900k of them.

Have fun

• Icky_BlehIcky_Bleh Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Sounds good man, was just wondering. Can't wait to try this game AFTER it comes out.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

I don't think that's the case but I do think that when people have 'invested' a lot of money into something they tend to take steps to protect their 'investment', (not singling out Erillion here, just a general observation). How that protection is perceived is up for grabs.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

I don't think that's the case but I do think that when people have 'invested' a lot of money into something they tend to take steps to protect their 'investment', (not singling out Erillion here, just a general observation). How that protection is perceived is up for grabs.

So far, its the most massively pay to win game that ever existed, which is kind of impressive considering so far, it isn't even a complete game, and still very much in development, but hey as long as they can keep making and selling pixels image

The whole computer gaming industry is about selling pixels ;-)

Have fun

• MaldobarMaldobar Member UncommonPosts: 11

The best of this game is that it shows how fantasy and belives can make people happy, it's very similar to religion in my eyes.

you cannot really see it's magnifiance, you cannot hear it's greatness, but you strongly belive that it will be great and awesome if it ever appears.

cheers, well done!

Originally posted by Maldobar

The best of this game is that it shows how fantasy and belives can make people happy, it's very similar to religion in my eyes.

you cannot really see it's magnifiance, you cannot hear it's greatness, but you strongly belive that it will be great and awesome if it ever appears.

cheers, well done!

Rarely does religion allow you to alpha test it     ;-)

The patch strategy of most religions leaves room for improvement.

Have fun

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230

i am curious.

the bigger chips, those with a crew, is that actually a single player ship with NPCs or do you need, or rather can u use it with friends?

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"