Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall Dev Launchs petition to bring back Darkfall 1.

IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

It all started on Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Darkfall/com...ght_back_read/

They will fix all the flaws, update the graphics, add some content from DFUW and relaunch Darkfall 1

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bring-back-dfo.html

Oh yeah and Tasos was fired.

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Fantastic 

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Seems pretty scamy to me...  and this is from someone who really enjoyed the first DF. 

the whole idea of a petition to gauge fan interest to open a Kickstarter for a game that launched many years ago seems pretty sketchy.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Seems pretty scamy to me...  and this is from someone who really enjoyed the first DF. 

the whole idea of a petition to gauge fan interest to open a Kickstarter for a game that launched many years ago seems pretty sketchy.

Kickstarter was just the community's idea trying to rush things i think, Axil didn't propose that.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    I don't know that I would get my hopes up.  These forums are filled with people who pine for days old school MMOs... yet many of those old school MMOs are still up and running but they refuse to play them.
  • medniosmednios Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by reeereee
    I don't know that I would get my hopes up.  These forums are filled with people who pine for days old school MMOs... yet many of those old school MMOs are still up and running but they refuse to play them.

Exactly this! They like to play those mmo's more in their imagination and memories, because of real life situation has changed for many of them and no1 actually has enough time for this anymore.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    They were such fools to undo the Original Darkfall. It only needed a few key improvements, it would have gone a long way to only make items in your pack lootable to make the PVP less flash in the pan, before you need to get back to resource collecting. It did have a issue with hackers though due to the full loot. Maybe a semi loot system, keep weapon and armor, but you can take whats in their pack. Being looted clean in seconds prevented many from getting in the the PVP as you spent too much time redoing battle bags and resource collecting. 
  • ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

This would be awesome if this true i would play as soon server go up.

Always hated new Darkfall 2.

Played Darkfall 1 for almost 3 years.

Only think i want is they solve the cheating.

24/7 afk and exploits/hackers ruined Darkfall they should adress those problems.

Oh and pls no fucking Safezones.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231

Most people dont play "those games" because of stupid changes the companies have made. I played UO from day 1 and I still have some of my accounts. Will I ever play it again? Probably not, but its due to the expansions and changes over the years that have turned the game for the worse. If my favorite era of UO was populated on a live sever I would seriously consider playing it again.

I'm currently playing unholy wars, until either AV relaunchs DFO or the DF emu goes live.

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Originally posted by mednios

Exactly this! They like to play those mmo's more in their imagination and memories, because of real life situation has changed for many of them and no1 actually has enough time for this anymore.

You talk like 2 years is a long time ago.

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Originally posted by Ikisis

It all started on Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Darkfall/com...ght_back_read/

They will fix all the flaws, update the graphics, add some content from DFUW and relaunch Darkfall 1

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bring-back-dfo.html

Oh yeah and Tasos was fired.

DFUW = upgraded DF1.0

Same engine but different game.  The only thing that it doesnt match on the above was DF1.0 was a finished product.  DFUW is not a finished product.  That and they started adding DF1.0 stuff to it causing people to mass quit the game.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Wait wut?

Tasos left? How? When? Why?

I thought he was the owner of Aventurine... :O

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation

Originally posted by mednios
    Originally posted by reeereee I don't know that I would get my hopes up.  These forums are filled with people who pine for days old school MMOs... yet many of those old school MMOs are still up and running but they refuse to play them.

What a nonsens, still plenty who will play this game even is a huge time sink.

They need to solve cheating and darkfall can be succes.

People should start whine less and just play and enjoy instead of i want it now(lame excuses of family work school) or i wont play or lower themself's to cheating.

In games like Darkfall it dont matter how fast its not some bloody themepark.