Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the population now?

CiixCiix Member Posts: 13
I played AO when it launched and got my MA to a little over level 100, and leveled a few other classes not as high. So what is it like now to play as a new player, if I start over again at level 1? Once I get past the newbie areas, are there many people playing in the lower levels?

I remember implanting was really important, where you can buff and implant then buff some more then implant higher, but you usually needed help from other classes, higher level. Is this still the case? Are other players hard to find to help with this?

Comments

• JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Also interested in knowing this. The new patch update seems very interesting
  • BootezBootez Member UncommonPosts: 72

The population is doing better with the patch. The game is definitely better for new players. It used to be extremely hard to get started, but with the way they have set up leveling armor and dungeons, it's a much better system. You only truly need to worry about implants and a weapon now, which makes it MUCH easier for a new player to get the hang of the game. 

It's a complex game, and it remains complex. It's now just a bit easier for someone starting fresh to get the hang of it.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by Bootez

The population is doing better with the patch. The game is definitely better for new players. It used to be extremely hard to get started, but with the way they have set up leveling armor and dungeons, it's a much better system. You only truly need to worry about implants and a weapon now, which makes it MUCH easier for a new player to get the hang of the game. 

It's a complex game, and it remains complex. It's now just a bit easier for someone starting fresh to get the hang of it.

Is grinding still the best way to level?

I grind toons 1 - 170 with NT and pocket tank. Then INF groups to 220. I don't mind that method, but the OP should know.

OP, join an org. You will need orgmates to do certain questlines and even their bags of items which allow you to tweek on implants well above their intended level in regards to your character level.

For example, my lvl 25 Trader has QL 200 imps in. He is a terror on the field.

Also, join the raid chat channels when you hit TL6.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • CiixCiix Member Posts: 13

Thanks for the answers guys I'll probably try it out again.

Also, I remember before having to use something called click saver for missions. Do people still use that or is there a better system in place?

• CiixCiix Member Posts: 13
    Something else I was curious about... I never did really get to pvp before. Is there much pvp going on anymore or is that pretty much dead? In higher levels and lower levels?
  • johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by Ciix

Thanks for the answers guys I'll probably try it out again.

Also, I remember before having to use something called click saver for missions. Do people still use that or is there a better system in place?

ClickSaver or Mishbuddy both still work, I think ClickSaver needs a user-made DLL file, do a search on the official forums.