Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A game to just... settle down.

One thing I have always wanted in a game, is the ability to just... buy a house in a nice village, open a store, hang out with people, and go on a quest every once in awhile. i have yet to find this game. I've heard a bit about black desert coming up in 2015 for america, but is there anything on the market that is about like what i described?

Edit: I don't know if you consider this roleplaying or not, but i do. I just want to role play a merchant or shopkeep or inn keeper or something.

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
  • ArshoonArshoon Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Wurm Online.

If you aren't actively part of the solution, you have no right to complain about anything.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    haven and hearth
  • chicobeberlouchicobeberlou Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Kirito_2024

One thing I have always wanted in a game, is the ability to just... buy a house in a nice village, open a store, hang out with people, and go on a quest every once in awhile. i have yet to find this game. I've heard a bit about black desert coming up in 2015 for america, but is there anything on the market that is about like what i described?

Edit: I don't know if you consider this roleplaying or not, but i do. I just want to role play a merchant or shopkeep or inn keeper or something.

Have you tried WIldstar yet? Level 15 and you already get your housing. Totally get that level of immersion, sometimes ya just wanna relax.

• cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    Originally posted by chicobeberlou

Have you tried WIldstar yet? Level 15 and you already get your housing. Totally get that level of immersion, sometimes ya just wanna relax.

Wildstar is not what he is looking for.  Yes you have housing, but you get a lot of the decor from questing and killing mobs...and you need to do a lot of it.  You gain renown(housing decor currency) for participating in group content.

The OP is looking for something where he can casually sail through, hang out and have fun. Do what he wants.  Wildstar is way way too much of a traditional MMO.  With that said, it is a fantastic one at that.  I just dont have the time for raiding at end game(leveled two chars to max) so I have stopped playing.  I would recommend it to anyone looking for a strong endgame with great dungeon mechanics and combat.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Might actually want to give FFXIV: ARR a go. You can craft/gather without leveling a real job to max level since they are on a different system per say. You can buy a guild house if you're rich or get a room in a guild house. As for longevity, you might be better off waiting for Archeage maybe? Or try landmark if you're a builder.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Certainly not a well known game but: http://www.linkrealms.com/ could be exactly what you're looking for.

• steelslingasteelslinga Member UncommonPosts: 25

a game that you can play at your own pace and do what you want when you want , craft, quest, explore, hunt for treasure, raise sunken ships for treasure, land combat, ship battles, pvp, housing, fish from your ship, build ships, build ship equipment,  housing , vend your crafted or looted items would be Uncharted Waters Online.

I had a few older guys from town get into gaming and well... planetside2 or any of the mmo's I play didn't fly for them... so they tried UWO and have been playing it for over a year now. they just sail around, do trade runs , fish, craft and relax doing what they want when they want. and TBH after going to the site for the link I see they have made some major gameplay changes in the past year... so i'm looking at going back to play also.

swing by youtube, check some vids on all the aspects of the game I mentioned above and give it a try.

http://uwo.ogplanet.com/en/main.og

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480

One thing I have always wanted in a game, is the ability to just... buy a house in a nice village, open a store, hang out with people, and go on a quest every once in awhile. i have yet to find this game. I've heard a bit about black desert coming up in 2015 for america, but is there anything on the market that is about like what i described? Edit: I don't know if you consider this roleplaying or not, but i do. I just want to role play a merchant or shopkeep or inn keeper or something.

ArcheAge for now - it will launch in September. But a good future prospect for you is Camelot Unchained. It won't launch for a couple years, but if you want to be the merchant type that people come to know and rely on, I think the Crafter in Camelot Unchained will give you that opportunity.
  • gideonvaldesgideonvaldes Member Posts: 148
    Rohan: Blood Feud give it a shot, big updates are coming soon.. They called it "Trinity" patch, but still on the iRohan theyre are still no updates about it, only for KOR but still its not yet translated. We're excited about it since after a long long time, a new "Big" update is coming and a must be played one.
  • nooneisalonenooneisalone Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by gideonvaldes
    Rohan: Blood Feud give it a shot, big updates are coming soon.. They called it "Trinity" patch, but still on the iRohan theyre are still no updates about it, only for KOR but still its not yet translated. We're excited about it since after a long long time, a new "Big" update is coming and a must be played one.

wow nice one Rohan BF! but what about the PH players got migrated? are they also got the same item and equipment? i heard Trinity will be another big update of Rohan BF. pretty sure lot of players will be happy for this.

• TotoyDonutTotoyDonut Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by gideonvaldes

I heard some rumors about the migration of Rohan PH to BF. There are some players from Rohan PH who can't log into their account. Why is that?

• Cyren105Cyren105 Member UncommonPosts: 2

Screw Archeage, Roleplay is completely dead there.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Cyren105

Screw Archeage, Roleplay is completely dead there.

I doubt there are many PvP-centric games with large RP communities. The two generally don't mix well.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• vicky_john2vicky_john2 Member Posts: 13

Rohan game news spamming in all the forums. 

I never seen a game in all genre..(rpg,mmo,action,adventure,fps,open world,moba)..lol... 

What kind of promotion is this? 

• ArchaegeoArchaegeo Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Wurm Online

Explorer 73% Achiever 53% Socializer 53% Killer 20%

• RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    I would steer clear of ArcheAge unless you have deep wallets, love watching bots/hackers/cheaters, enjoy "emergent gameplay" tactics like bridge blocking(and more) and generally love farming as a way of making money. If you're a big fan of scratch tickets, then the store and RNG is for you. This game blows chunks!
  • snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Archeage is an anti_ social game , you just dont wanna go roleplaying there..

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• KeglanekKeglanek Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by snoocky
    Archeage is an anti_ social game , you just dont wanna go roleplaying there..

I have to concur, i asked for some help and i got shouted at by people for speaking in city chat because i was a "slave" rank , how is anyone supposed to learn the game if you are not allowed to speak to people?

• cindyhiocindyhio Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Archeage I think
  • MauerickMauerick Member UncommonPosts: 8

Archeage is terrible for RP, honestly. Even worse for 'just wanting to settle down and relax'. Maybe it has changed, but when I played, it was pretty packed with trolls. 

I have to second the vote for FFXIV. Level your crafting/gathering; you can do any and all of them that you please. Make that your end-game entirely as you choose. Other adventurers will pay you a LOT to make good items, and you will roll in the Gil with which to buy a house from another player, or when they release more housing wards.