Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dear CoX

nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869
By the Paragons, I miss you!!!!

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

Comments

• IcarumbaIcarumba Member UncommonPosts: 50

I do too man :(

It was my first MMO back on release, won't ever forget...

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    The more time goes by with crappy mmo releases, the better this game looks.  Shutting it down was such a bonehead move.
  • nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Originally posted by Icarumba

It wasn't my first, but I miss it almost as much as my first.

Originally posted by adam_nox
    The more time goes by with crappy mmo releases, the better this game looks.  Shutting it down was such a bonehead move.

After the Mission Architect bomb dropped, there wasn't a whole lot more that could be done.  If history has shown anything, it's that once you put content into an MMO, you cannot take it out lest the players will lose their shit.  No matter how utterly devastating to the game said content is, and boy was I14 a devastation. 

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by nolf

Originally posted by Icarumba

It wasn't my first, but I miss it almost as much as my first.

Originally posted by adam_nox

After the Mission Architect bomb dropped, there wasn't a whole lot more that could be done.  If history has shown anything, it's that once you put content into an MMO, you cannot take it out lest the players will lose their shit.  No matter how utterly devastating to the game said content is, and boy was I14 a devastation. 

I miss it too.

I14 was only bad because of how exploitable it was, the reasoning behind it was sound enough. Star Trek and Neverwinter both have similar systems, but they've been designed to be far more restrictive than CoX' Architect was.

I've had many great hours creating actual missions for my VG with it and playing through them (and through those other guildies made).

Still, everyone has their own feature to blame for the game's demise (with I6's ED and I14's ME being the most blamed), while the real reason was just NCSoft's douchebag decision to pull the plug despite the game still being profitable.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/