Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trials of Ascension pre-alpha screenshots!

TalonThornTalonThorn Member Posts: 9

Playable Raknar race in taunt position:

Larger Image

Leaving the cave...Raknar can climb most any surface:

Larger Image

A better view of the dark-skinned Raknar:

Larger Image

Raknar have the perfect skin for sneaking up on others in the pitch-dark nights in Trials of Ascension:

Larger Image

Build your house any way you want using completely modular construction:

Larger Image

Admiring my finished house in the sunset:

Larger Image

A hermit house built on a hill. There are no set "housing zones" or plots in ToA. Players get to decide where to build, but settlement rulers can set construction limits:

Larger Image

Comments

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359

"Joined: 11/27/02

also pretty images considering it's a unity game.

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    And the fact that it's a Unity Game is bad Because? There are more and more big names using Unity... Just because it's a Unity game doesn't mean it's going to be bad. 

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Originally posted by JamesP
    And the fact that it's a Unity Game is bad Because? There are more and more big names using Unity... Just because it's a Unity game doesn't mean it's going to be bad. 

From my experience, games based on unity have been usually of extremely low quality.

Not just in a graphics sense, but Unity also handles physics and sounds, it's an all-in-one engine.

The games end up cookie cutter, to the point you can almost tell just by playing that it's a unity based game.

I feel the same way about an engine like the Cryengine though. It's just all a bit cookie cutter after a while, you can recognise games that use the cryengine by their lighting and depth of filed and motion blur, Same with Unity.

On the other hand, I like an engine like the snowdrop engine, it's not cookie cutter and it's different.

• JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by Kiyoris
    Originally posted by JamesP

From my experience, games based on unity have been usually of extremely low quality.

Not just in a graphics sense, but Unity also handles physics and sounds, it's an all-in-one engine.

The games end up cookie cutter, to the point you can almost tell just by playing that it's a unity based game.

I feel the same way about an engine like the Cryengine though. It's just all a bit cookie cutter after a while, you can recognise games that use the cryengine by their lighting and depth of filed and motion blur, Same with Unity.

On the other hand, I like an engine like the snowdrop engine, it's not cookie cutter and it's different.

Trust me. I know ALL about Unity. I'm a Developer who uses Unity extensively. And yes Unity handles Physics... Unity uses the PhysX Engine which is THE most widely used Physics Engine out there.

Every game is based around one engine or another. You REALLY don't expect Developers to create a completely custom Engine for every Game they create do you? Engines can take years to develop...

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• TalonThornTalonThorn Member Posts: 9

Construction of buildings can be pretty involved and allows a lot of customization. This is basically pre-alpha and I as able to do this:

Larger Image

Check out the Trials of Ascension Kickstarter!

Here's what the building looked like when I finished...there are some design flaws, but they will no doubt be remedied (pre-alpha):

Larger Image

• TalonThornTalonThorn Member Posts: 9

Sunrise:

Larger Image

High Tide:

Larger Image

Low Tide:

Larger Image