Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO is making me cynical( dont come back and play this game)

joejudasjoejudas Member UncommonPosts: 13

I have been playing this game since launch. I played through the terrible launch and all the bugs...only to be lied to about multiple things: 

They lied about tracking our XP towards the champion system

They lied about releasing content every 4 to 6 weeks ( specifically pointing towards Imperial City, that has been done since last summer and is being held for console.) 

They out right lie about power level and a nerf to gear and progression to VR characters on 1.6 pts

They lied about undaunted levels

They lied about the loyalty mounts being for long time subs only ( they announced the Senche for the Crown store in a different color)

If your thinking of coming back to this game i don't suggest you do. I mean that in t he nicest way i can say it. They are introducing a new leveling system that doesn't properly reward high level players for the content thats non repeatable. The only solution will be to buy cash shop XP boosters...which they already confirmed are coming. This game is going p2w in the worst possible way. I'm sure some people will just flame me for saying this....but i wont shut up about it. The general public and especially the console folks need to know these things. its a shame they over moderate their forums so we cant be critical of the company there. 

Comments

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

Everything above is wrong.  Ignore what this person is saying.

Here's why.  

The game needed changes to bring things into balance.  This is one of the players who raced to end game and grinded VR levels with the desire to be more powerful than other players.  Now that they are actually implementing the changes to the game which are necessary and fantastic for everyone, there is a small community of extreme achievers who feel slighted because their power has been brought in line with other players.

These players don't feel that their time put in has been recognized in power going forward.  Bad for them, good for everyone just beginning or returning to the game.  

As many in the community will tell you, in a few days ESO will be in the best shape it has ever been and brings more to the table than any other game out there.

Please do not base your decision on the minority of hard core bitter players (and this is a very small minority of the existing community).

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by joejudas
    I have been playing this game since launch. I played through the terrible launch and all the bugs...only to be lied to about multiple things: They lied about tracking our XP towards the champion systemThey lied about releasing content every 4 to 6 weeks ( specifically pointing towards Imperial City, that has been done since last summer and is being held for console.) They out right lie about power level and a nerf to gear and progression to VR characters on 1.6 ptsThey lied about undaunted levelsThey lied about the loyalty mounts being for long time subs only ( they announced the Senche for the Crown store in a different color)If your thinking of coming back to this game i don't suggest you do. I mean that in t he nicest way i can say it. They are introducing a new leveling system that doesn't properly reward high level players for the content thats non repeatable. The only solution will be to buy cash shop XP boosters...which they already confirmed are coming. This game is going p2w in the worst possible way. I'm sure some people will just flame me for saying this....but i wont shut up about it. The general public and especially the console folks need to know these things. its a shame they over moderate their forums so we cant be critical of the company there. 

thanks form the suggestion but i wont be taking you up on your advice, i will come back to ESO when the time is right.

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Did you really have to create a new account to come and tell everyone what we already know? They lied about a ton from the start, why should they have stopped after release? Does anyone think they wont lie more after it goes B2P? Or when the console sales numbers are low? Or when they don't make enough money from the cash shop that they start adding the things they wont be adding now?

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

Originally posted by JJ82
    Did you really have to create a new account to come and tell everyone what we already know? They lied about a ton from the start, why should they have stopped after release? Does anyone think they wont lie more after it goes B2P? Or when the console sales numbers are low? Or when they don't make enough money from the cash shop that they start adding the things they wont be adding now?

Lol..  This is funny.  This has been the most responsive Dev team to player input I have ever seen.  

When you are designing major system changes, you learn things and have to make decisions which are best for the whole game and player base..not a select few.  They have always been very clear whenever they have had to changed direction as to why with the caveat these things were under development and subject to change.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    so your saying a video game company lied? you must be new to mmos because its nothing new. They are getting ready for a huge transition thus all their focuse is going in to the move from p2p to b2p. You clearly do not care for the game anymore, my question is why bother posting it? you will get those who hate it just because everyone else does and you will get those who like it ( i dont mind it but its not the best) but it is a game to play, there are hundreds out there.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• lycrateslycrates Member CommonPosts: 3

ESO was released at least a year before it anywhere close to being ready. Lets be honest, ZOS wanted to cash in, they didn't care about releasing a finished game with all the feature necessary to keep players engaged in the long haul.

I personally consider ESO to be more of a scam than a real game, and a ton of other MMORPGs have done that same thing. In short, release a game with little to no features, cash in subscription for a few months and then go B2P/F2P and keep a small team of developers to slowly release bits of content and milk it for all its worth until it inevitably dies off.

Does anyone really believe that when ZOS released ESO for $60 + subscriptions, they didn't know that the game had no real features to keep people playing? lol no, they knew that it was not worth a subscription from the very beginning. They were just milking it.

• H.A.M.AH.A.M.A Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by jircris
    so your saying a video game company lied? you must be new to mmos because its nothing new. They are getting ready for a huge transition thus all their focuse is going in to the move from p2p to b2p. You clearly do not care for the game anymore, my question is why bother posting it? you will get those who hate it just because everyone else does and you will get those who like it ( i dont mind it but its not the best) but it is a game to play, there are hundreds out there.

Because he has right to his opinion just like everyone else. 

Originally posted by lycrates

ESO was released at least a year before it anywhere close to being ready. Lets be honest, ZOS wanted to cash in, they didn't care about releasing a finished game with all the feature necessary to keep players engaged in the long haul.

I personally consider ESO to be more of a scam than a real game, and a ton of other MMORPGs have done that same thing. In short, release a game with little to no features, cash in subscription for a few months and then go B2P/F2P and keep a small team of developers to slowly release bits of content and milk it for all its worth until it inevitably dies off.

Does anyone really believe that when ZOS released ESO for $60 + subscriptions, they didn't know that the game had no real features to keep people playing? lol no, they knew that it was not worth a subscription from the very beginning. They were just milking it.

Hey..there's another one with 3 posts.  I wonder if it's the same....  nevermind.

You're nuts guy.  I've been playing off and on for a year with a bunch of friends.  We're only about half way through the launch content.  Don't know what you would consider a "complete" game, but I'm guessing that your max level within 48 hours of launch in most.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by NomadMorlock

Everything above is wrong.  Ignore what this person is saying.

Here's why.  

The game needed changes to bring things into balance.  This is one of the players who raced to end game and grinded VR levels with the desire to be more powerful than other players.  Now that they are actually implementing the changes to the game which are necessary and fantastic for everyone, there is a small community of extreme achievers who feel slighted because their power has been brought in line with other players.

These players don't feel that their time put in has been recognized in power going forward.  Bad for them, good for everyone just beginning or returning to the game.  

As many in the community will tell you, in a few days ESO will be in the best shape it has ever been and brings more to the table than any other game out there.

Please do not base your decision on the minority of hard core bitter players (and this is a very small minority of the existing community).

So what your saying is TESO did not plan their design properly and you should trust them in the future?

If a game is so shallow that racing forward means a signifcant advantage,then the game has a poor design,especially since i ASSUME we are talking pvp here.

Most good games i have played with pvo,longevity means more skill and experience from having played more hours.If they put in systems to allow players to advance,then if they take them away or dumb them down,they WASTED those players lives and took their money doing it,so of course that is not a good more by the developer.

You know how you create longevity and a  game moving forward?Sub Class you allow players to level up and skill up other classes,it gives their players more versatility,options and keeps all zones in a game alive,instead of a constant push to the last zone or instances where the world becomes a ghost town.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by joejudas

I have been playing this game since launch. I played through the terrible launch and all the bugs...only to be lied to about multiple things: 

They lied about tracking our XP towards the champion system

They lied about releasing content every 4 to 6 weeks ( specifically pointing towards Imperial City, that has been done since last summer and is being held for console.) 

They out right lie about power level and a nerf to gear and progression to VR characters on 1.6 pts

They lied about undaunted levels

They lied about the loyalty mounts being for long time subs only ( they announced the Senche for the Crown store in a different color)

If your thinking of coming back to this game i don't suggest you do. I mean that in t he nicest way i can say it. They are introducing a new leveling system that doesn't properly reward high level players for the content thats non repeatable. The only solution will be to buy cash shop XP boosters...which they already confirmed are coming. This game is going p2w in the worst possible way. I'm sure some people will just flame me for saying this....but i wont shut up about it. The general public and especially the console folks need to know these things. its a shame they over moderate their forums so we cant be critical of the company there. 

I will probably give the game another whirl once it makes the b2p conversion. But for what it's worth, I doubt I will stick around.

I personally was in it more for the Elder Scrolls aspect. In spite of all those laundry-list of patch notes & game improvements, the fact of the matter remains it still can't capture that Elder Scrolls RPG feel I'm looking for.

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

I don't support cash shop games, so I did in fact drop my subscription.  Having said that, these are weak reasons to campaign against the game - and I do agree that it doesn't sit right to have new accounts making stale complaints against the designers.  They have been responsive to player concerns, they've obviously been doing a lot to work on the game since launch, and I think that accusing people who changed their minds of being liars is as useless as it is wrong.

I'm moving to single player games (Pillars of Eternity looks great, and I have a huge backlog of choices...) But if I wanted a MMO this still looks better to me than any alternative, and there are some interesting looking developments ahead.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by ohioastro

(Pillars of Eternity looks great

you read my mind!

Angry Joe loved it btw (and that dude is hard to impress).

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    ESO = SWTOR

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• InfearealInfeareal Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Came back, loving it. Lots of people returning even before the B2P. Tons of returning players in the starting areas with new characters. Pretty decent amount of new players also considering B2P is not even live yet. I will say from both my VR14 character and the low levels I have been bringing up they made a lot of positive changes since launch and fixed most of the things I saw people griping about.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

The general tone of the OP identifies him as one of the ESO players who can't accept the changes to the game unless he receives special treatment in recognition for his individual accomplishments. His VR14 accomplishment is not being recognized when everyone gets a maximum of 70 champion points to start.  The gift of a Senche tiger mount isn't special enough because others will get to buy a different type of Senche mount in the cash shop. They +10% xp bonus for subbing is not special enough because others can buy +Xp potions in the cash shop.

in other words, he's not being recognized as the special snowflake he believes himself to be so he reacts to it by exaggerating issues, calling them lies and starting a campaign to try to make sure the game he's pissed at doesn't do well.

What I understand is that he's burnt out and instead of just casually going away like he should, he wants to throw public tantrums. Nothing new here. It's a pretty common immature reaction by someone who can't leave a game he's soured on quietly and instead wants to spoil it for others and convert them to his negative point of view.

You know, it's perfectly OK to stop enjoying the game and move on to something else. It happens everyday in every game. Most of us just do it without all the drama.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    The minute 1.6 drops I am back in. I don't really care about F2P. If the patch goes live before I will just sub. I want to see how the game evolved. Hope that the PvP gets a much needed boost when the change in pricing comes.
  • ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

JJ82 = JoeJudas?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Rzep
    The minute 1.6 drops I am back in. I don't really care about F2P. If the patch goes live before I will just sub. I want to see how the game evolved. Hope that the PvP gets a much needed boost when the change in pricing comes.

It goes live tomorrow fyi ha ha

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I believe I'll quote my Sith Sorcerer on this one;

"Yaaaawn."

I'll make up my own mind, thank you very much.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258

I like that Zenimax has been responsive to the community that enjoys playing ESO. Game development is an iterative process. Yes they have changed direction a few times and this is why the game has attracted many new players even those like me who were not happy with beta let alone release.

ESO is far from being my perfect game and in fact there are things that still frustrate me. Beyond that I greatly enjoy my time playing and the community has been (by and large) excellent. I for one am extremely excited to experience patch 1.6 for myself. Based on everything I have read and heard it will add yet another level of immersion and game-play. If this patch takes away from my enjoyment of the game I will move on.

Since I have only subbed for a few months I am looking forward to getting the Senche of a different color.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

OMG another butt-hurt sub-lover that decided to join these forums so he/she can lash out at ZOS to "pay them back" for changing from a sub-system to an extremely fair b2p system.

From what I have seen, ZOS have been extremely sensitive to community needs and desires over the course of the game and even before launch. I can clearly see that the devs have been working their butts off to address the issues that I and others have had with ESO, and although they don't always succeed they keep on at it, they keep on striving to polish the game. Look at 1.6- its basically a complete redo of all the class/game mechanics based on player feedback over the past year or so. And that is just one example.

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476

I would still be playing this game but they made it so its impossible to do most things on your own, I love the company that made the game, they just screwed it all up. The end game for what it seem they wanted it to be is jacked up but I love a lot about the game, 

Originally posted by Hellidol

I would still be playing this game but they made it so its impossible to do most things on your own, I love the company that made the game, they just screwed it all up. The end game for what it seem they wanted it to be is jacked up but I love a lot about the game, 

I'm not really sure what you mean by "impossible to do most things on your own".  In the early days, the VR level content was much tougher.  That was changed to make it the same difficulty the original leveling zones were (comparably).  The zones no longer require a group.  Group Dungeons, actual 4 man Dungeons, Trials, and Adventure zones (1 in game - Craglorn) all require grouping, but that's only a portion of the content.

All other content can be solo'ed.  

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Hellidol

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Right now I'm playing a Templar and solo everything including some level appropriate world bosses. I duo for public dungeons. So what isn't soloable?

@Joejudas; isn't it bad enough you troll the games forums with your incessant complaining? If you don't like the game or the changes taking place then quit. Do you really need to create drama every where you go with your personal butthurt?

Edited for typo

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    I'm going to give it another go as soon as 1.6 hits. Provisioning revamp and fixed the solo quest dungeons? Hell yeah.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.