Path of Exile, still the best F2P game around.

xpowderxxpowderx Radcliff, KYMember UncommonPosts: 2,078

As someone who loves mmos. I think POE is by far the best F2P game on the market.

Here is why!

I play both sub based and F2P mmos. Currently finished a tour of Archeage.  While fun, I still find myself returning to POE.

Playing POE is like playing Diablo II on steroids :-D.

It is the only game currently that I go back to. Can have long or short spurts of gameplay.

Best game ever made if you are looking for a replacement game after being burnt out with your mainstream mmo(WOW, Wildstar ect).

While I have played a large variety of mmos. POE is the only game that is consistently addictive and fun! With huge replay value. Could not ask for a better game. Would not be surprised if this game reaches game of the year status again.

Game is completely SOLID all the way through.

Comments

• RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHMember RarePosts: 5,911
    Originally posted by xpowderx
    As someone who loves mmos. I think POE is by far the best F2P game on the market.  

what does PoE have to do with MMOs? 

I like to play FIFA, but coming from someone who loves MMOs that means nothing.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I agree that PoE is not only a very good game, but also has one of the best F2P models on the market.

The replay value however is not that high for me, as i usually take a long break after playing one char into the 40s or 50s.

I think the game could use more content and alternative level zones or acts. I'm not a pro who knows all the fast-leveling spots like grinding the ledge for 10 lvls and such, so doing the 3 bandits for the Xth time or having to play through the same zone i don't like is nothing i want to do over and over.

• Gregor999Gregor999 St Paul, AZMember Posts: 86
    PoE's F2P model is amazing, at least for the players. I don't know how they make money as I never see anything I'd consider spending $$ on. Maybe because I found the game to be a much worse D2 and less polished D3. The game is a great skill tree though it just needs to work on much more fluid combat.
  • PongpingPongping amsterdamMember UncommonPosts: 131
    As someone who loves mmos. I think POE is by far the best F2P game on the market. Here is why! I play both sub based and F2P mmos. Currently finished a tour of Archeage.  While fun, I still find myself returning to POE. Playing POE is like playing Diablo II on steroids :-D. It is the only game currently that I go back to. Can have long or short spurts of gameplay. Best game ever made if you are looking for a replacement game after being burnt out with your mainstream mmo(WOW, Wildstar ect).   While I have played a large variety of mmos. POE is the only game that is consistently addictive and fun! With huge replay value. Could not ask for a better game. Would not be surprised if this game reaches game of the year status again. Game is completely SOLID all the way through.

MARVEL HEROES is the best then some Ranks later PoE 

• xpowderxxpowderx Radcliff, KYMember UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Pongping
    As someone who loves mmos. I think POE is by far the best F2P game on the market. Here is why! I play both sub based and F2P mmos. Currently finished a tour of Archeage.  While fun, I still find myself returning to POE. Playing POE is like playing Diablo II on steroids :-D. It is the only game currently that I go back to. Can have long or short spurts of gameplay. Best game ever made if you are looking for a replacement game after being burnt out with your mainstream mmo(WOW, Wildstar ect).   While I have played a large variety of mmos. POE is the only game that is consistently addictive and fun! With huge replay value. Could not ask for a better game. Would not be surprised if this game reaches game of the year status again. Game is completely SOLID all the way through.

MARVEL HEROES is the best then some Ranks later PoE 

Marvel Heroes is a MMORPG. Path of Exile is a ARPG.  Both are very good games and I play both!

• TokkenTokken Portland, ORMember UncommonPosts: 1,591

Yes, GOOD game.... but very repetitive. I wish there were more starting zones. It gets old after the 4th or 5th character. It is definitely quality F2P.

Warriors are like steel, when you lose your temper you lose your worth.
  • mlkjghjmlkjghj Member UncommonPosts: 3

xpowderx said:

Playing POE is like playing Diablo II on steroids :-D.

I could not have put it better XD

• BizkitNLBizkitNL NetherlandsMember UncommonPosts: 2,420
    Im waiting for the next xpac. Then its bottoms up.