Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm not sure.... need feedback.

LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 647

I'd like some feedback from people who fall into a certain range of players: Relatively new to Wurm (having joined withing hte past few months), Free to Play gamers. Whether you played for about an hour or still play to this day, I'd like some feedback on the game.

I tried this out before the major graphic update and the game then was... harsh. It was hard on the eyes, hard on the brain, hard on just about everything. I know the graphics update seems to have helped some of that quite a bit. What I'm not sure about though, is how accessible this game currently is.

Being released in 2006, even if a new server was created, how easy is it for a new player to get into the game and fully appreciate it? How helpful are other players, especially in a PvP environment? How easy-to-understand is the overall basis of the game/crafting?

Things ion this game seemed daunting before. I remember spending hours trying to just figure out what to do and then more hours building a simple fence. That's not something I really want to repeat, even with a graphics overhaul.

And also, how large is the player base? How many premium accounts vs free accounts and so on? I hate logging in to a game and only seeing a dozen people online. That first "M" in MMO stands for Massive, right? From the forum on here, it seems like the game is fairly dead, at the moment anyhow.

Overall, as a new player, just entering for the first time, I'm interested in seeing what other people's opinions/experiences have been so far.

Comments

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 647
    Two days and no replies just kind of confirms what I was afraid of.
  • nebb1234nebb1234 Member Posts: 242

its got some new islands.... improvements with the graphics update here and there to crafting specifically if I remember... but yea I think it's running out of momentum sadly. 

I always enjoyed that game, having picked it up 3 or 4 times. Ultimately though, like many, I never lasted longer than a month. 

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630
    As is typical in Wurm, the game only comes to life whenever a new server is released. Then two months later it becomes dead again. The recent experiment with Challenge was such an unmitigated failure that I doubt there will be much interest in it in the future.
  • daveospicedaveospice Member UncommonPosts: 361

Challenge was actually a huge success.  They wouldn't have rebooted it if it wasn't.  Please stop being a troll!

• ConcernedConcerned Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Lerxst

I'd like some feedback from people who fall into a certain range of players: Relatively new to Wurm (having joined withing hte past few months), Free to Play gamers. Whether you played for about an hour or still play to this day, I'd like some feedback on the game.

I tried this out before the major graphic update and the game then was... harsh. It was hard on the eyes, hard on the brain, hard on just about everything. I know the graphics update seems to have helped some of that quite a bit. What I'm not sure about though, is how accessible this game currently is.

Being released in 2006, even if a new server was created, how easy is it for a new player to get into the game and fully appreciate it? How helpful are other players, especially in a PvP environment? How easy-to-understand is the overall basis of the game/crafting?

Things ion this game seemed daunting before. I remember spending hours trying to just figure out what to do and then more hours building a simple fence. That's not something I really want to repeat, even with a graphics overhaul.

And also, how large is the player base? How many premium accounts vs free accounts and so on? I hate logging in to a game and only seeing a dozen people online. That first "M" in MMO stands for Massive, right? From the forum on here, it seems like the game is fairly dead, at the moment anyhow.

Overall, as a new player, just entering for the first time, I'm interested in seeing what other people's opinions/experiences have been so far.

The graphics have come a long way, there are regularly new servers opened (whether this is a good idea or not is highly debatable) but there is always land to settle in.

If it's a pvp game you are looking for then you're best off looking elsewhere as what this game considers PvP and what the rest of the world considers PvP seems to be drastically different.

On the positive side, there have been many ui improvements along the way with a new crafting interface and the recent addition of bridges, so for anyone looking to try out the pve side of the game, this might be a factor that appeals to you.

Player base is around 900 people active over all servers throughout the day, though it should be noted that of those 900, many people have alternative characters (priests) which will be online when they are.  (Priests are severely limited so playing one as your main character is usually a bad idea).

I know you asked for the opinions of newer players, but I figure as an 8 year veteran I should weigh in and let you know a little from my perspective.

• blackmpeblackmpe Member UncommonPosts: 7

i think the only problem wurm has right now is its low player base. if you are looking for pvp i'd love to take you in and show you the ropes. wurm without pvp is meaningless wurm in my opinion. Everyone that says wurm has no pvp is actualy a pve player that tried pvp once, got rekt and went back to the pve servers. PVP there is very unforgiving and you need a lot of patience to get on board with the rest and have fun.