Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to AD2460

ChairmanAD2460ChairmanAD2460 Member UncommonPosts: 20

Welcome to our brand new game AD2460 - a browser based MMO where game you will develop your homeworld and attack other players for resources and glory - alone or in alliances. 

AD2460 is a spiritual successor to the game Planetarion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetarion ), which enjoyed much success in the early 2000s with 180.000 players.

Unlike many other browsergames, this is a pay-to-play game. There are no elements of pay-to-win so it is the better players that will perform best. The cost of playing is €3 / $4 per month after the trial period

We have received very good feedback from our users so far, and the number of players that remains in the game after the free trial period has actually surprised us a bit  -  the conversion rate so far is above 27%.

We, as the development  team will try to answer any questions you should have - that be here in the forums on MMORPG or in the game-chat where you will find a lot of activity all day long

Feel free to try us out and register at: http://www.ad2460.com

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by ChairmanAD2460

Welcome to our brand new game AD2460 - a browser based MMO

I didn't get past that part...sorry.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• ChairmanAD2460ChairmanAD2460 Member UncommonPosts: 20

Its browser-based - but most likely one of the more advanced browser games there is.  

We must have done something right back in 2001 when we managed to get 180 000 players to a browser game (Planetarion) - and hopefully we have managed to do something right this time too.

• iMariusiMarius Member CommonPosts: 4

This is not "just another browser based game". Its actually one of the most well-built browsergames ive ever tested. Forget travian or some other simple browser games. 

If you are sceptical, but somewhat curious, this video of the game might help you consider if its something you would like to try or not: AD2460 gameplay. Its easy to be addicted to the game, and you dont have to get up at nights to watch for incomings, like Planetarion. 

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357

I wish you guys the best in your game, but that "gameplay" video didn't help your cause at all.  

• CreatinhoCreatinho Member Posts: 2

I wouldn't say it's for everyone - it's very much in the tradition of Planetarion or OGame. Numbers to crunch, buildings that take more than a day, stuff like that.

Though that is also what distinguishes it from most other space MMOs I have tried - you don't have to be online constantly, you don't have to check on your fleet at night to make sure it's still safe. You won't get trashed by a player who has been playing for years in your first week and you can do a whole lot with 30 min a day.

The interface is pretty slick and works well on tablets as well and there is a lot of content and strategy in the tech trees and fleet layouts but it stays pretty approachable.

What makes me stick with the game right now are different things though - The payment model is super fair for one. It's pretty cheap and you have a generous two weeks with full access to figure out if you want to keep playing or not. There's no P2W either. Additionally, the community is really friendly - you can ask the simplest question in the global chat and you will actually get an answer that is not "RTFM".

Lastly, the admins and devs are super active and attentive. The latest patch actually implemented sensible player suggestions, you can talk to the devs in global chat (and attack their planets!). Haven't seen such close attention to the community in a long time!

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Originally posted by Avanah
    Originally posted by ChairmanAD2460

Welcome to our brand new game AD2460 - a browser based MMO

I didn't get past that part...sorry.

+1.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Huh, where are all these first and second time forum contributors coming from, out of the woodwork, praising this game? Feels like a conspiracy. Do you think it's a bit conspicuous? Are you guys having a saturday on skype and have a wild idea to post on a forum which before wasn't worth your time?
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Do you play it on your smartphone or do you have an old 486?
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    Must say that I really like your responsive website, but I have to follow the train here and say that it's somewhat off to see so many newly created accounts praising like this. Seen it before and ye... It's not pretty!
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

I have looked at this game on and off for about 3 months now. I am glad to see that they removed the phone # requirement for registration. The game is a typical web game, and doesn't really distinguish itself in the market.  It isn't terrible, but it doesn't really stand out as anything unique either. The graphics are very low, and it feels very much like older, similar, games.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Saw the title and couldn't help thinking it was Atari2600. lol.
    Originally posted by Jakobmiller
    Must say that I really like your responsive website, but I have to follow the train here and say that it's somewhat off to see so many newly created accounts praising like this. Seen it before and ye... It's not pretty!

Well, they have to begin somewhere.. The game is new, and for those enjoying these type of games, AD2460 is a nice addition to the genre. The reason I created signed up to this site, and promote the game, is for obvious reasons. I like the game, and do anything for it to succeed. Posting to this forum, and other forums like this, might cause other people to want to try it. 

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by iMarius

Well, they have to begin somewhere.. The game is new, and for those enjoying these type of games, AD2460 is a nice addition to the genre. The reason I created signed up to this site, and promote the game, is for obvious reasons. I like the game, and do anything for it to succeed. Posting to this forum, and other forums like this, might cause other people to want to try it. 

In this toxic pond that is the cynical community of MMORPG.com that is the opposite of helping a game. We do not look kindly upon new accounts promoting obscure games.

Originally posted by Madatan

In this toxic pond that is the cynical community of MMORPG.com that is the opposite of helping a game. We do not look kindly upon new accounts promoting obscure games.

Obviously we have offended you, but that was not the intention of the posts i made. I do not gain anything from helping, and dont see the problem with creating an account to answer a post about a game that I play? Is this the way new games gets treated? I feel that people at least should take a look at what it is before judging. Give it a chance before trying to take it down.

I am sorry if i broke a "rule" of yours. I do not want to start a flame war.

• ChtugaChtuga Member UncommonPosts: 116

So far I have enjoyed the game, and will recommend it as something to play on the side.

It is a browser strategy game, and its alot more complex than comparable games on the market.

Give it a try, wont hurt :)

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by Madatan

Obviously we have offended you, but that was not the intention of the posts i made. I do not gain anything from helping, and dont see the problem with creating an account to answer a post about a game that I play? Is this the way new games gets treated? I feel that people at least should take a look at what it is before judging. Give it a chance before trying to take it down.

I am sorry if i broke a "rule" of yours. I do not want to start a flame war.

It is I who should apologize, my sarcasm might have been a tad too discreet. I was not criticising you, but rather sending a poke against the community and a warning of what to expect to you. Me, myself, I do not mind as long it is not obvious spam.

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Apparently if you don't have membership for 10 days your account is deleted http://i.imgur.com/T4O7IWv.jpg

I would be very hesitant to play any game, if they closed your account after a year of not playing, let alone 10 days.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• ChairmanAD2460ChairmanAD2460 Member UncommonPosts: 20

Our game is subscrition based - and at a rate the is lower than most  other games on the market.

If you dont have sufficient credits on account, your subscribtion has ended. It is not like if you dont log in for 10 days we will kick you out.

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357
    Lol @ all the plants for this game posting praise on this thread.  
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

It looks pretty interesting to me.  I didn't know there were a lot of games like this out there.  Mostly I like the fact that I can't pay to win.    Even better and more subtle. . there are not "free" accounts to be sheep for the people who do pay.  Equal footing.

I would imagine the turns get more and more complex and time consuming as you move along.  If I can keep pace I will check it out.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• CreatinhoCreatinho Member Posts: 2
    Aethaeryn, it starts kinda slow because the build times are always a few hours, but as soon as you are a few days in there is a lot of stuff to do. It's more forgiving than say, OGame, since you don't have to save your fleet constantly. You can focus on farming and building :D

As for being "plants"...
    I guess it depends on what you call a "plant". Did I join this forum because of AD 2460 and to promote the game? Yes.
    And then ask yourself why you joined this forum or why most people do.
    Not going to waste more energy on this, try the game or don't, and have a good day.
  • andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Still playing my free trial. I liked it a lot the first few days. Sort of fucked up and catching up with researching at the moment. So not much I do at the moment. I could go attack some people, but I dont really want to make enemies just yet.

It is a pretty good game to play on the side. Just a couple minutes a day. Or you can play way more. I guess it will get more and more complex the longer I get into it. Currently level 4. Level in this game does not really matter that much though, except for the number of outposts you can have. Staying low while researching is a good idea I think.

Atleast the Chairman clearly promoted he game, and made clear what his intentions are. And yea, most of these new users are players in the game. The number of people playing is pretty low. So ofc, they will post. 

When you can have conversations with the devs in global chat in game it is pretty clear that the game needs some publicity if it deserves it. 

It is free for 14 days. I have not regretted making an account and it is sort of interesting. 

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

So you guys want opinion from a veteran ? Ok

To be honest im not much of a browser games player. No flashy visuals, not AAA budget and so on. But i did play this genre back 15-20 years ago when it blossomed.

The market changed a lot since then and all browser games became one big money hog, they forgot about making original, fun games. 95% browser games feels like reskined version of that other game.

What makes this one special its sub. based for a very very low price. Its perfect to play on the side or even as your main game if you have little time for gaming each day. Like any mmo strategy game it starts slow but it picks up quick.

In my opinion game have massive potential, its true right now all we have are bare bones, but the longer i play it feels a bit like a text based eve online, but as a strategy game.

Until we will see a boom of AAA strategy mmos games that are not browser based this is as good as you can get. I checked the whole lot of them recently and its one of the best, actually i found it by chance. Its not like there is anything good coming out till middle of this year.

Try it out, you might love it. I recommend getting in to an alliance as soon as you can. Game is very centered around communities and in this case alliances.

This game is not for everyone, especially the younger generation that expects fireworks, but you never know.

In few words. If you love strategy, mmo and space then you would make a grave error not to give this game a chance.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

I've been playing AD2460 pretty extensively since open beta, which i joined some time in november last year, I believe.

I'm surprised the fact the game is from the original creators of Planetarion hasn't turned any heads at all in here, since it was/is one of the most addictive and competitive games i've ever played :p

Anyways, I highly recommend the game. As people have said, you can play it is as casual or as hardcore as you like. I'm in it for the competition, I'm one of the leaders of one of the top alliances, so I'm certainly not on the casual end of the specter :P

If you want to, you can really dig in deep with this game, crunching numbers, coming up with new tactics, organising your people to strike at the enemy in the most efficient way, doing diversion tactics, diplomacy, etc etc.

I thoroughly enjoy the teorycrafting part, discussing stuff in alliance, coming up with better ways of doing things etc.

The game has a pretty steep learning curve, it is a pretty advanced game all in all, so I recommend getting into an alliance asap, both to get a resource boost to grow quicker, and to be taught the ropes. People in the chat are also friendly and helpful, but at least my mindset is, don't spill everything to people not in your alliance, so by going solo and just relying on the chat you will lose out on the important, advanced stuff.

It's not a solo-friendly game I'd say, though I haven't tried playing solo. But there are alliances for all types, also some for the solo player who wants the benefits being in an alliance brings.

Their pricing scheme is fair, there's no pay to win, and everyone is on equal footing. I have to say though, the fact they delete your account if you stop playing is also something I react to, I would prefer if the research and development progress etc was saved in the database, so you would at least have something to come back to. I believe they're coming around on this though, I've been doing a campaign to get it changed :P The devs are very open and communicative with the players, and I've personally seen several of my suggestions and feedback picked up on by them. While they have a roadmap and plan for the progression of the game, they're attentive to suggestions and complaints the players have for making the game better.

That's all I can think of atm.. If anyone has any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer.

But I recommend you give it a go.. Trying it is free, there's nothing to download, and you can log on from anywhere. Get into an alliance though.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

About the new accounts being created here to talk about the game, the game JUST released, on the 29th of december, and people are eager to spread the word. Very understandable if you ask me.

And that actually is something that could use mentioning, the game has just gone live so if you get in now you'll still be one of the early starters.

Though, with the way the game is structured, there's no way to end up too far behind.. There's anti-bashing mechanics in place, and players get to battle it out with others at their own level of advancement without fear of getting run over by the big guys.. mostly :P

But starting now vs starting later, if you start now you'll have an easier journey towards competing for the top spots ;)