Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: The Player's Choice Awards - Part One

Comments

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565

My most anticipated mmo of 2015: Das Tal.

This game has everything to become a mmo that gives you everlasting memories: Player based economy, pvp with full loot, no instancing, no grind, skill-based gameplay, and last but not least dedicated devs.

• GreyhavenGreyhaven Member UncommonPosts: 38

!. Wod

2. ESO

3. Witcher 3

4. EQ Next

The most  improved MMO was tough for me I chose ESO, but SWTOR and GW2 have done a lot with their properties.

• bobo_noobbobo_noob Member Posts: 1

FULL LOOT PVP YESSSS 

talking about DAS TAL ofcourse, the game mechanics and the skill based fights are going to rock the whole MMO PC game scene, resetting once in a while to overcome a massive grind fest. All we need is coming soon: DAS TAL 

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Lots of one-post dummy accounts advertising Das Tal.

• drinktheevildrinktheevil Member Posts: 1
    DAS TAL MOST ANTICIPATED MMO 2015
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Volgore
    Lots of one-post dummy accounts advertising Das Tal.

Thats cuse Das Tal is promoting this poll to their fans but dont get to upset as they are not the only one doing so =-)

• moonrunnermoonrunner Member Posts: 21
    DAS TAL for  2015
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by kikoodutroa8

My most anticipated mmo of 2015: Das Tal.

This game has everything to become a mmo that gives you everlasting memories: Player based economy, pvp with full loot, no instancing, no grind, skill-based gameplay, and last but not least dedicated devs.

In other words, another game to avoid at all costs.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

There are more new accounts promoting Das Tal on this thread than there are posts in their official forums. 

This is NOT a vote. 

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • VaLorRavenclawVaLorRavenclaw Member Posts: 7

Shroud of the Avatar is not as well known as it should be unfortunately but if anyone is interested in finding out more about it there are some really good fan generated videos that can give you a tour and idea of what the game has to offer. Check out "The Mad Hermit" videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMadHermitGaming

• VahidVahid Member UncommonPosts: 55

1.  no vote

2. SWTOR

3. Torment

4.Warhmmer 40k:  Eternal Crusade

• EmissaryEmissary Member UncommonPosts: 15

One of the Das Tal devs here!

We posted to our forums and sent out an email to those who have signed up to test with us, as well as offering the extra incentive of letting in 25 new testers. Sorry if some of you find that sinister, we are just taking advantage of an opportunity to get some exposure by nudging our fans over here =)

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Except for WOW which I won't play, I didn't recognize any of those other 2014 surprises so I didn't vote.

The reason why ESO won 2014 MMO of the year was because it had improved so much. Had the vote taken place within the first 3 months of that release, there is no way it would have won. So this poll for most improved in my humble opinion is almost a rhetorical question when compared to the last poll.

As far as other new MMOs I'm anticipating, to be honest, other than more improvements to ESO, I don't know what to hope for. Black Desert seems to be going in the wrong direction even though I love the artistry and graphics of that game. I don't like the cartoony look of Everquest Next and I fear it will also end up as an overhyped Archage. 

Does anyone recommend a good MMO to follow if I like games like ESO and LOTRO? I lean more toward the PVE side. I also enjoyed for a shorter period of time GW2, Age of Conan, and SWTOR.

There Is Always Hope!

• AztekanutosAztekanutos Member UncommonPosts: 1

1.Wow

2.ESO

3.The Witcher 3

4.Black Desert

• seanvwolfseanvwolf Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by YashaX

No "Shadows of Mordor" for biggest surprise of 2014?

How about "Deep Down" for most anticipated rpg in 2015?

SoM was underwhelming to me... Interesting ladder functions, but I got bored really, really fast.  Not to mention tired of the constant loading just for accessing a menu and backing out.

• DaddyLTEDaddyLTE Member UncommonPosts: 1

Das Tal from Fairytale Distillery is easily my most anticipated MMO of 2015.

I had a chance to participate in an open alpha event besides the community and the developers. The mechanics were refreshingly solid, the game does not hold your hand. Those who master timing and actually acquire the ability to aim will succeed. Full loot PvP, others have said it.. but in Das Tal they really mean it.

The game is fast-paced, the PvP exciting, and combat is truly based in skill. Das Tal is everything I've been looking for in an MMO.

• kill3rew0kkill3rew0k Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Das Tal is looking real good. Gotta be honest from what I've seen of Black Desert and EQNext I'm not hyped up for them as much as I was at the reveal. Looking forward for Das Tal in 2015 for sure!
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Emissary

We posted to our forums and sent out an email to those who have signed up to test with us, as well as offering the extra incentive of letting in 25 new testers. Sorry if some of you find that sinister, we are just taking advantage of an opportunity to get some exposure by nudging our fans over here =)

Your forum HERE on mmorpg.com has less post then here on this thread lol. May want to direct some traffic there as well lol

• EmissaryEmissary Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Your forum HERE on mmorpg.com has less post then here on this thread lol. May want to direct some traffic there as well lol

A valid point! It is largely just myself handling things like that, so sometimes some stuff goes untapped - but I should get on that, thanks for the advice =)

• ben2000677ben2000677 Member Posts: 1

WOOO DAS TAL!!!

YOU CAN DO IT GUYS!

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

I'm genuinely discouraged and disappointed about how people are massively voting a mainstream massive budget hack&slash game like the Witcher 3 over a game that captures de true essence of RPG like Pillars of Eternity, a game truly based on dialog and choice made by the creators of the truest and richest RPGs in the history of videogames.

I wonder if it is because Pillars of Eternity won't resort to lastgen graphics or nudity in sex scenes to capture the player and tell stories, or if it is simply because how brainless the industry has become. 

Don't get me wrong, the Witcher 3 will certainly be an incredible game, a big candidate to the Game of the Year, and I will pick it up for sure, but we're talking RPG here. That term has been so bastardised that it seems only a few really remember what a RPG is.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• AstroluxAstrolux Member UncommonPosts: 3

well to be fair I believe there would be more in their forum if there was more to say right now. Currently, at least from what I've got to see and test from Das-Tal is pretty much a combat demo which is totally okay, it's a fantastic demo, I fucking love it actually but you can only say so much until their next big update goes through which I believe is pretty soon. 

They mentioned that their game was on this list so we all came out of the shadows to vote for a game that we all see some potential in and hope to see some fantastic things from in 2015. Lots of games coming out this year in various forms that fit this isometric/top down PvP style and Das-Tal is definitely worthy of putting in peoples brains. 

• BloodofDragonsBloodofDragons Member Posts: 1
    Das Tal all the way baby!!!! MMOs better look out for this gem.
  • NekoXiuNekoXiu Member Posts: 1
    Leggo Das Tal !! Too bad you're so behind in the poll tho !
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Ah, so you admit to paying/providing an incentive to people to come here and vote. That's a violation of this sites Rules of Conduct and may void those votes.

http://www.mmorpg.com/disclaimers.cfm#conduct

Game List

Ratings and Hype-meter

In regards to game ratings and hype-meter voting, we reserve the right to remove unfairly obtained votes and, as needed, suspend voting on games deemed to have been given unfair votes. The amount of time voting will be suspended is dependent upon how long MMORPG.com believes it will take before fair voting will again occur.

In the case of ratings and hype-meter votes, "unfair votes" are determined by MMORPG.com staff and specifically include (but are not limited to):

• Those solicited by game companies asking for a particular rating ("go rate our game a 10").
    • Those solicited by game companies offering any kind of compensation or contest.
    • Those registered by single users under multiple accounts.

Referral links and reverse referral links are also not permitted and any posts found to violate these rules may be removed.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams