Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Harry Potter MMORPG?

BAMarkoPoloBAMarkoPolo Member Posts: 3

I've been hearing rumors about a Harry Potter MMORPG, this surprises me, anyone else heard anything?

Comments

• kitie0kitie0 Member Posts: 2
    I've actually been there once, but it was in admin mode.image
  • DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

Someone emailed the supposed devs about it, they are apparently creating a harry potter game but it won't be an MMO.

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• ratheonratheon Member Posts: 10
    I would play it if it was going to be a MMO. It would be a wonderful game, something truely different.
  • DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by ratheon
    I would play it if it was going to be a MMO. It would be a wonderful game, something truely different.
    Um the name doesnt make the game, would depend on how the devs created it. If they made it DDO style wouldn't be very different.

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• ratheonratheon Member Posts: 10

Oh I know the name doesn't make the game. What I would hope is that they take a lot of the lore and the School enviornment in it. I don't know exactly how I would describe it. I would expect a lot of new ideas and methods to obtaining goals and skills in the game. Maybe the player would have to learn about the spell they want to aquire and meet the requirements to get it other then reaching a certain level.

• BAMarkoPoloBAMarkoPolo Member Posts: 3

I was wondering were if you might know where to tell someone to possibly put this idea into action. I really want to see it work!

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

I posted about this weeks ago. See my thread that actually has pictures ::::07::

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm?load=forums&loadClass=35&loadForum=51&loadThread=46148

• tcaritatcarita Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by ratheon

Oh I know the name doesn't make the game. What I would hope is that they take a lot of the lore and the School enviornment in it. I don't know exactly how I would describe it. I would expect a lot of new ideas and methods to obtaining goals and skills in the game. Maybe the player would have to learn about the spell they want to aquire and meet the requirements to get it other then reaching a certain level.

In my humble opinion i think that the Name can make the game, so basicaly you can build a crappy game and sell like hell...

Harry potter is childish fantasy, so it will always apeal to youg children, but that is my opinion...

• LasherinoLasherino Member Posts: 10

I'd love to kill low level 12 years old boys, loot them and then camp for a couple of times !

Ok now more serious....it could be cool, I'd give it a try if it'll come out :)

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

I think there will pop out a Harry Potter MMORPG.

Just this kind of conversations affect what they make, I bet some MMO developer checks these forums weekly.

• GimmeChuppaGimmeChuppa Member Posts: 2

It would be fun seeing a game like the one she describes here: http://www.petitiononline.com/honline/

• fantasygirlfantasygirl Member Posts: 26
    I would play it if such a thing existed, although it would be cool if there was no fee involved for playing like so many MMORPGs that I see these days. image

Heidi

• scRiptfactoRscRiptfactoR Member Posts: 15
    I would play if it was free...yea there is no way I'd spend any money on a harrpy potter game anyway  there usually crap.

You've Been Hacked?

• woolaalaawoolaalaa Member Posts: 7
    wowee~ actually i only support JK's storybook, but, its nice to hav harry potter mmorpg too! gof movie not nice.
  • alexisgalexisg Member UncommonPosts: 9

Hi,

I was just reading through these topics and this caught my attention. I am a MMORPG developer. Lol I develope 2D MMORPGs. But still I would not mind making a Harry Potter one which will be fully free. Also when my team develops a game we usally start with 2D and move on to 3D. So it depends on how many people we get playing the game. We also take MMORPGs request at http://www.heroesofsparta.com

About the harry potter MMORPG please give me a thumbs up if you would like me to start on making an alpha version of one and post your ideas either here or on my web site thanks ^^

For more questions please either email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

It's cold, it's dark, let hell loose...

• bignate9erbignate9er Member Posts: 11
    a HP mmo would be really cool!  Dev's could set it up so there are 5-10 levels for every grade your in school and you can affect/pick-on the younger students.  I would play as character similar to Neville Longbottom and 'pretend' to be naive and slow, excell in Herbology and be an unregistered animagus who can turn into an eagle

Thomas Covenant
    the unbeliever

• IckisIckis Member Posts: 5

I think the Harry Potter stories would form a great background for a MMORPG. With every new book coming out, a new big update would be possible, making the world even bigger.image

I guess I would like a Harry Potter MMORPG, but I dont really want to pay for it. If it had at least a 2-month trial period or so, it would be good enough for me.

And about young children overwhelming the Harry Potter servers: that's what they always do... everywhere. I think at least 50% of the players of any MMORGP are 12 years old or younger. It's a bit annoying, but just don't pay attention to them. image

• vanso0vanso0 Member Posts: 30

My m8 is making an mmorpg game of Harry Potter. Im his websitedesigner the game just exist 2 days so the site is not finished. Go to here for the site to download the game u must wait some weeks. The site will be at dot com domain then either. They are working hard on the game its not finished yet.

http://www.freewebs.com/harry-alex/

• alexisgalexisg Member UncommonPosts: 9

Hi!

I am the game developer of 'World of Magic'. The site is http://www.worldofmagic.tk (I will change it to a dot.com soon) We already have a forums up and running with a great community. Please visit our site and help support our work!! ^^

It's cold, it's dark, let hell loose...

• Viper_OneViper_One Member Posts: 49

O h... M y... G a w d...

A Harry Potter mmorpg...

I shudder in absolute terror and revulsion at the thought.  World of Warcraft has enough 'ankle biting past their bedtime twerps' in our community.  A bunch of prepubescent boys running around with a fairy wand is the last thing we fricken need.

christ save us

First of all, you are entitled to your opinion no matter what it is. Second at least use proper grammar for goodness sakes! I know this is a gaming site but come on, how long does it really take to fix some stupid spelling errors? Maybe it's the English major in me coming out (oh wait I'm one already! hehe) but I hate it when people do that. At any rate I think it would be a good idea so don't knock other stuff just because you think it is a bad idea or it sucks go tell your friends (or whine rather), leave the real conversations and debates to people who give a flying f***.image

Heidi

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

OMG !!!! Seriously, that would be 10 times worse than LOTR online

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• Viper_OneViper_One Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by fantasygirl
    First of all, you are entitled to your opinion no matter what it is. Second at least use proper grammar for goodness sakes! I know this is a gaming site but come on, how long does it really take to fix some stupid spelling errors? Maybe it's the English major in me coming out (oh wait I'm one already! hehe) but I hate it when people do that. At any rate I think it would be a good idea so don't knock other stuff just because you think it is a bad idea or it sucks go tell your friends (or whine rather), leave the real conversations and debates to people who give a flying f***.image

1:  You are entitled to your opinion, just as you said I was entitled to mine... so I won't knock you for it.

2:  Since I believe you are entitled to your opinion, I will not attempt to insult you by picking apart what or how you wrote your response.  It's below me.

3:  Since I really, really believe you are entitled to your opinion, I won't contradict myself by suggesting that you express your opinions elsewhere.

4:  Have a nice day.

Okay ilnteresting. First off, isn't that the point of the forums in this site to express our opinions on certain games (which I was doing btw until people started being stupid about it.) Second of all if you're just going to say that you think I"m entitled to my opinon 4 different ways and wording it different please don't. Just say it once and be done with it, thanks. I think that a Harry Potter MMORPG would be cool but I doubt it would attract a crowd of our age group (18 and up) as it's more for kids (at least I think the games are.) With that said, there' syour on topic post for the day and now I'm going to go while away the hours on something more worthwhile than defending myself against silly people well not people but comments like the last one.image

Heidi

• frulaafrulaa Member Posts: 78
    I think a harry potter mmorpg would be nice, image