Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Creation and In-game tutorial on youtube

docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184

Some humble steps towards a youtube channel - using the character creator and the in-game tutorial of The Repopulation.

If you have (constructive, please) criticism on what to do different for such a video, you are most welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBsqo2nwzRSBSElpyIXC7VIqVt3TwyS5j

--------------------------------------------
Youtube newb:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw

Comments

• DrucalionDrucalion Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Hmm... not so great is it. I know graphics are not important  to many people but for me I want a basic level of graphical quality and realism this character creation just doesnt seem to have. These kind of graphics are about 5 years old by the looks of it, which is a long time in animation technology. This is my main beef with indi games and kickstarters, it takes so long for them to finish the game that it is so outdated by the time it is released.
  • DrucalionDrucalion Member UncommonPosts: 22
    PS, Your video was fine, good luck with your channel:)
  • ManasongManasong Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by Drucalion
    Hmm... not so great is it. I know graphics are not important  to many people but for me I want a basic level of graphical quality and realism this character creation just doesnt seem to have. These kind of graphics are about 5 years old by the looks of it, which is a long time in animation technology. This is my main beef with indi games and kickstarters, it takes so long for them to finish the game that it is so outdated by the time it is released.

On a recent stream I think a dev said that the hero engine is loading textures on the ramor something like that, which means unless you have a lot of ram the game is gonna chug (I have 8g, so they are waiting to release the HD textures until the engine gets fixed.

Source

No idea the time.

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184

yes, from a nostalgic point of view, the graphics don't hurt. from a modern perspective, one would like to see something different.

doesn't bother that much though per se, but once ingame, it all looks a bit - empty... that is a bit more bothersome, but then again, it's still alpha.

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    I really think what you're disagreeing with is the artists' artwork, not a limitation in the engine. It's admittedly better than I can do, and I'm not being overly critical when I say someone with a little more time invested, both in the game's art and art in general, can make those models, walls, floors look alot better. I still like what I see from the game, though. Maybe with enough funding they'll hire a couple artists for a re-skin in a couple years.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Sure sitting looking at the cahracter creator the graphics are a bit dated.. not that bad but you need to remember its not a AAA title.

Also when you are in game the world looks pretty nice and you dont really sit spending all day looking at the face of your caracter so you dont really notice it. The animations do still need work especially the jumping animation hehe..