Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asheron's call 2 needs players come JOIN US.

Now it's free what let you not play this game is rather old school in many ways its little bit themepark but not also sandbox but not.

It still have GREAT community and very help full.

But it's old school meaning no guidance no npc's with ! or ? above there heads no auction house but trade shops. You can drop your stuff on ground or stand for days ingame and never be booted.

No instance all dungeons are open for all.

Hardcore grinding and very deep crafting system both take YEARS to reach cap.

If grind is your thing and friendly help full community plus bit of old school with rather good graphics even 12 years old.

Come join.
https://www.asheronscall.com/en/content/downloads

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
PSU:Corsair AX1200i

Comments

• RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

Beside Turbine creating total carebear content making AC1 pvp good was probably not on purpose. AC2 could have reached WoW success since it was its predecesor

now that it is F2P  I will probably reinstall and leave it on my PC and log in for nostalgia and the crystal sounds. 

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

• arromarcarromarc Member UncommonPosts: 5

Played the first time round and loved it!But 2.2gb is slow even with broadband and do you need a beta invite?Just seen if you have active asherons call account you can get in,but its not downloading atm,wish there was a torrent

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    after I install I log in using my turbine account, it ask for a subcription ?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by itsover
    after I install I log in using my turbine account, it ask for a subcription ?

It isn't free. A one time payment of $10 for an Asheron's Call 'subscription' will get you 'free' access to Asheron's Call 2.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Or a bit more precisely AC has sorta "b2p" model (f2p for those who played AC in the past), if you're new you need to pay $10 and then you can play AC for free (and play on the player servers too I think.)

AC2 is only available for those who have an AC account. So in practice, as Grunty wrote, for playing AC2 as a newcomer you need to spend $10 for an AC account first... :)

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by Po_gg

Or a bit more precisely AC has sorta "b2p" model (f2p for those who played AC in the past), if you're new you need to pay $10 and then you can play AC for free (and play on the player servers too I think.)

AC2 is only available for those who have an AC account. So in practice, as Grunty wrote, for playing AC2 as a newcomer you need to spend $10 for an AC account first... :)

Looks like this is incorrect, i played ac in the past and i cant login to game.

A quick search in the forum shows that you have to pay 10 bucks for the life time sub regardless if u played before or not.

Edit

Or it can be that turbine dont recognise that i have payed and played ac in the past going into the account and only see lord of the rings listed

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Or you could play Project Gorgon for a similar experience and get improved graphics.  

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Played the game when it first came out, really didn't like it, it just wasn't all that good, and with so much time having passed since then, i can't see the game taking off again, especially when afaik the game is still 'circling the rim' i guess it might be the last chance for some to see what the game was like, although the original Asherons Call is probably a much better option in terms of actual gameplay, if not the graphics. image
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Lokberg
    Originally posted by Po_gg

Or a bit more precisely AC has sorta "b2p" model (f2p for those who played AC in the past)

Looks like this is incorrect, i played ac in the past and i cant login to game.

My bad, sorry... (ironically the whole point was to be precise :) )

It was f2p to those who had an active, live AC subscription at the time of the switch, for them the sub fee disappeared, and they can play now for free. $10 entry fee to everyone else, hence the "b2p". Turbine calls it f2p rightfully since there are players who are playing free (just not many :) )

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    cant get this to install, says missing ac cab 1    I down loaded from web site AC2, downloads ok but will not install
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Turbine has said they plan on shutting down official servers at some point and invite player run servers.  When this will happen is a bit unclear.  Player run servers are hit or miss.  If you are playing on someone's server they can just kick you if they don't like the fit of your jib , so to speak.  I think I'll pass.  
  • dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Turbine has said they plan on shutting down official servers at some point and invite player run servers.  When this will happen is a bit unclear.  Player run servers are hit or miss.  If you are playing on someone's server they can just kick you if they don't like the fit of your jib , so to speak.  I think I'll pass.  

Here is some more information on player hosted servers if anyone is interested...

https://www.asheronscall.com/en/forums/forumdisplay.php?65-Player-Run-Server-Forums

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Originally posted by Boneserino

Or you could play Project Gorgon for a similar experience and get improved graphics.  

Project Gorgon's graphics/animations aren't even good 10 years ago. The future of MMO's are looking bleak indeed if this game is being recommended to sandboxers.

Most problems solved about botters most annoying are banned.

If you want old school and dont care if it not look like Skyrim fully ENB modded, then this is your game.

LOOK AT SCREENSHOTS ABOVE 12 YEARS OLD GAME.

Seems not bad looking to me.

Register downlaod AC2 client pay ones 10 dollars or 8 euros and you can play forever.

AC2Forever!

Come on great game still good graphics for 12 year old game.

Friendly community.

Old school, no hold hands by the game.

8 euro's then free to play.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Originally posted by Classicstar

Come on great game still good graphics for 12 year old game.

Friendly community.

Old school, no hold hands by the game.

8 euro's then free to play.

I need my hand held or I get lost/bored!

I'm very uncreative.

Might try it out eventually though.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • HadorakHadorak Member Posts: 25

AC2 is free to play, no micro payments, no recurring billing.

AC1 is 10 dollars to create the account, that's it!!

You get both games for creating 1 account for just 10 bucks !!!

100 + levels of game play in AC2

There simply is no better value then AC2

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Beautiful oldschool mmorpg. For some reason it's one of my favourite online worlds, very immersive. Would advise any pve mmorpg lover to at least do a sight seeing, a historicaly educational visit if nothing else.

Screen with UI and some gameplay shots high lvl area(2002 game)
    imageimageimage

Oh and lst screenhots is me and a korean group which also play AC2 very nice and friendly people btw.

• RanyrRanyr Member UncommonPosts: 212

>Grind

>Years to reach cap.

Those are incentives?

Originally posted by Ranyr
    >Grind>Years to reach cap. Those are incentives?

Friendly community old school not infected with any todays crap.

Yes it's a long grind but because already many high lvls they do most of quest running for yah.

Many crafters and if you like crafting then you have a long way to go but no worrie it end soon.

But even with high lvs and very helpful community it can still be very hardcore because of no ingame guidance and sometimes hard to find out things.

If your willing to cope with this and want a almost 13 year old MMO but rather GOOD graphics then this is your game.

With pain in my heart have to say this game is almost dead now only hand full of fans playing rest are tourist doing 1 or 2 quest logout and dumb isboxers botters or people only solo craft seems they want the game to die.

Ive realy tried but im starting to give up there is no community left that want this game to survive so called AC2 fans dont care anymore or come in game with WoW crap and leave again.

Soon AC2 R.I.P main fault TURBINE who abandon AC2 total and fans who just dont care about game survive or not.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    AC2 was a travesty to all AC1 fans and deserves its fate of death.
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Horusra
    AC2 was a travesty to all AC1 fans and deserves its fate of death.

A "travesty"? 

Come on. Could you lay on the melodrama a little thicker?

AC1 was AC1. AC2 was AC2. 

I get it... AC1 fans expected, and felt entitled to AC1 with better graphics, and were all angry, feeling "betrayed" that Turbine didn't make the game you wanted them to, as though they were obligated to create the game you wanted. 

You still have AC1. You've had AC1 all this time, including all the years that AC2 was offline. Nothing has stopped you from playing and/or enjoying AC1. So what, exactly, is the problem?

AC2 was brought back because there's been an active community who did/do accept and like the game for what it is (and didn't just whine incessantly - for years - about what it wasn't).

Are you so intolerant, and so incapable of accepting that others enjoy a game you don't like, that you would have it taken away from them (a second time)?

Go play AC1! It's still around!  No one took away your favorite toy! You can still play it! It's not like Turbine shut down AC1 when they released AC2. And AC1 has been around the entire time that AC2 was offline.

I never saw people whining and carrying on like this years after Lineage 2 launched. Those who had a problem with it got over it, and simply continued to play L1. Or, they gave L2 a chance and - perhaps - even found they could enjoy it on its own terms, for the game it was. Or, if they couldn't, they left it alone and continued playing Lineage 1.

When EQ2 came out, I saw some grumbling from EQ1 vets that EQ2 wasn't EQ1 with better graphics. However,again, they got over it. They either simply continued to play EQ1, and left well enough alone. Or, they gave EQ2 a try and, perhaps, found they could enjoy it on its own terms. Or, if they didn't like it, they simply left it alone, and continued playing EQ1.

FFXI players complained that FFXIV wasn't FFXI with better graphics. They, too, eventually got over it and simply stayed with FFXI. Or, they gave XIV a try, on its own terms, and found they possibly enjoyed it. Or, if they didn't, they simply left it alone and continued playing/enjoying FFXI. 

AC1 players, however... I honestly don't know what the hell the problem is with you people. You just can not seem to let this bitterness/anger go. And we're talking about a game that came out 13 freaking years ago! 13! Some of you are still carrying on like it just happened yesterday!

You people remind me of those who keep posting "DT sucks without Mike Portnoy!" in every post made by one of the band members - even though the split happened years ago, and both parties have long since moved on and put it behind them. You're like the people who continue to say "Nightwish is nothing without Tarja!" in every comment or post about the band, even though both parties have long since moved on and left it behind them. You're like the people who continue to complain about AIC being "nothing without Layne Staley!", and all angry that the rest of the band would dare to carry on without him.

In all cases, there's this completely unwarranted and misplaced sense of "ownership" over something of which they happen to be a fan, and it's completely ridiculous. Seriously... the level of obsessive anger some of you people harbor over a game can not be healthy.

Let it go already.