Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BRING DARKFALL 1 BACK!

korkrmkorkrm Member Posts: 28
Hello guys. I do really want AV to sell DarkFall as it used to be, hardcore character developing, pvp and economy. May be it's tome to create kickstarter for that? Is anyone here who loved this game?

Comments

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    I would love to see that happen. Would easily pay 15$ a month for it, where as I am not willing to pay 15$ / mo for the new one. Unfortunately the way it was described to me, they are unable to sell df1 due to rights being tied up as well as conflict it would have by taking players from dfuw.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by korkrm
    Hello guys. I do really want AV to sell DarkFall as it used to be, hardcore character developing, pvp and economy. May be it's tome to create kickstarter for that? Is anyone here who loved this game?

Not me.

• KuviskiKuviski Member UncommonPosts: 215

Rather I'd just see AV improve upon what they have, DFUW. Most of the stuff that came with it was a positive addition in my opinion, for example, I think the classless combat system wasn't as good as the one they have now. But the game is still pretty bland, especially when it comes to the world actually feeling like a world, PVE, crafting, even incentives for mass PVP which is the game's selling point.

• korkrmkorkrm Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Kuviski

Rather I'd just see AV improve upon what they have, DFUW. Most of the stuff that came with it was a positive addition in my opinion, for example, I think the classless combat system wasn't as good as the one they have now. But the game is still pretty bland, especially when it comes to the world actually feeling like a world, PVE, crafting, even incentives for mass PVP which is the game's selling point.

Darkfall 1 with hardcore grind and classless combat was the best game ever. High amount of players online. PvP everywhere because everyone needs to kill mobs, mine etc. DFUW is the worst joke ever. No sandbox, boring and skilless pvp, no economics etc. As far as you know AV didnt make DF1 they just bought it when it was almost ready and during 3 years they were doing nothing. They didnt even release features which we anounced by previous makers.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

I liked DF1 better than the second one but you have to understand that no other game did the community give developers more shit for the design of DF1. That is why DF:UW was created in the first place, because of the community.

If they are smart they would not do DF1 again and only because of the community.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

I liked DF1 better than the second one but you have to understand that no other game did the community give developers more shit for the design of DF1. That is why DF:UW was created in the first place, because of the community.

If they are smart they would not do DF1 again and only because of the community.

They remade DF1 cause of community which were not playing DF1 and also DFUW. DF1 during first year had like 5k players online. After their perfect patches it became like 300. DFUW had like 500 during first months and now it is 50? or something like that and only 1 year passed. DF1 just needed good patches and not a fail ones. I would say they made everything to make it casual and for example my clan had like 150 active players during hardcore time and it became 20 after their patches. This game was a long term one. In which you can play for 2 years and still have something to level up and it was fun. And games like DFUW and Albion now have nothing to do after 2 weeks. You have maxed char and no economy. Nothing to do after pvp. And PvP becomes boring if you have nothing to fight for.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

They remade DF1 cause of community which were not playing DF1 and also DFUW. DF1 during first year had like 5k players online. After their perfect patches it became like 300. DFUW had like 500 during first months and now it is 50? or something like that and only 1 year passed. DF1 just needed good patches and not a fail ones. I would say they made everything to make it casual and for example my clan had like 150 active players during hardcore time and it became 20 after their patches. This game was a long term one. In which you can play for 2 years and still have something to level up and it was fun. And games like DFUW and Albion now have nothing to do after 2 weeks. You have maxed char and no economy. Nothing to do after pvp. And PvP becomes boring if you have nothing to fight for.

where did you get those numbers?

I know when I played DF1 (which was the entire time it was around) players complained about the game. 

I predicted 'when the new one comes out I assure you will start to complain that you want the old one back...hand to god this will happen'

now...here we are.

bottom line here is that DF1 was one of the best games ever created but because of the community we now have DF:UW which isnt as good but its still better than most MMOs on the market. That said the DF community is going to complain no matter what and that is the problem

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

I know when I played DF1 (which was the entire time it was around) players complained about the game. 

I predicted 'when the new one comes out I assure you will start to complain that you want the old one back...hand to god this will happen'

now...here we are.

bottom line here is that DF1 was one of the best games ever created but because of the community we now have DF:UW which isnt as good but its still better than most MMOs on the market. That said the DF community is going to complain no matter what and that is the problem

1st number I get from their report. When they said that they upgraded servers to handle 10000 online and previously it was 5000. 2nd number you can get on urme (not anymore) with the amount of active accounts and by deviding it by 5 you cam estimate it. About DFUW you can check it on steam. Yesterday peak of online users on steam was 33. Yea others aint using steam but the price on steam is lower so at least half is using steam to play DFUW.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I want Darkfall as it was after the node patch when it also gave rare ores.

Not later when the real dumb down started.

Around 6 months lifespan i think Darkfall 1 was good.

Only maybe sounds could be improved but hardcore as Darkfall 1 was i want back not this CRAP like DFUW what dumb game that is.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

I liked DF1 better than the second one but you have to understand that no other game did the community give developers more shit for the design of DF1. That is why DF:UW was created in the first place, because of the community.If they are smart they would not do DF1 again and only because of the community.

Your so wrong about that Darkfall not failed because shit the community gave not even close.

Or you mean shit they gave by the cheating which was huge and down fall of DFO?

Bad launch to early split up community bad discisions.

Wide scale cheating hacking exploits thats what failed DFO not the shit community gave on forums.

The lies original dev team with many promise, from original Norway dev team the insanely stupid TASOS thats what failed the game.

ZERG'S in first 3 months what failed the game.

Some well know clans that cheated the living daylights out of this game constant macroing 24/7 bloodwalls THATS WHAT FAILED THIS GAME.

Stupid Zapp towers the savezones WTF thats what failed it for me with cheating as biggest problem.

Not the trash talk community gave majority where ex themepark users many fro WoW who could never be taken serieus if devs failed because of them then they don't deserver any aatention at all because of some dumb themaparkers.

BTW ive played Darkfall 1 in beta for 2 months JAN-FEB 2009 and launched game from 1st week of march untill april 2011 so i no a little bit about whole proces of Darkfall 1.

They should never have give into the dumb down they should have attack with all there power the cheating.

Still i loved Darkfall 1 for me it was after AC-Darktide my best experience in a sandbox open pvp full loot mmo.

Originally posted by korkrm Originally posted by SEANMCAD I liked DF1 better than the second one but you have to understand that no other game did the community give developers more shit for the design of DF1. That is why DF:UW was created in the first place, because of the community. If they are smart they would not do DF1 again and only because of the community.

now...here we are.

If there was no cheating and macroing 24/7 Darkfall 1 around 6th month was best OPEN PVP FULL LOOT MMO sinds AC-Darktide first 2 years of its launch.

The complaining was mainly comming from carebears and those who always complain nomatter what devs do.

The trash talk agains DFO already started around 2006 because sinds WoW launched the gamers playing MMO'S was hugely improved in numbers so constantly on the forumfall more and more themeparkers came and trash the game here on MMORPG.COM and Forumfall.

Hardcore and DEVS should never be defeated by those themeparkers and show some bloody backbone but many Hardcor quit and devs gave into dumbdown.

I blame many Hardcore for cheating they also did to get that edge thats why i never see them as real hardcore there LOSERS as so many cheaters are.

I played for more then 2 years without macroing for 1 minute or exploit or nay other cheat but i was prolly one few who never did.

What me also frustrated was the one clan that was famous in DF1 promoted the game with awesome video's was supported by Aventurine but cheated the most. Thats the sad story about DFO.

The are no HARDCORE anymore all who claim to be hardcore cheat and in my book then your not a hardcore.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    No there were to many " AssHats".
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

Before 2008 we had around 60k registred on forumfall, from those was a regular hardcore group that believed in the game.

Then they started release info on the BETA and in about 3 months registered from 60k up to 350k gues what?

Forumfall was terible from then on:(

Majority came from wow i remember beta how so many talk shite not only on forums also ingame and complain alot and all dumb talk you have in themeparks about PvP.

It was from then on down hill with all the cheating stupid zergs and splitting up the servers because of the whiny americans DFO never recover from this.

Also the many promise and featers devs over years siad would be ingame never came plus the insane starwars towers then the savezones all because some theme parkers want it easy and save.

If DEVS dont have strong character and are weak a game like DFO is doomed from beginning shame i have almost played with all the flawes and dumb cheating 3 years.

I loved the game but this kind of games is only for few im afraid so im a sad panda.

Result i dont rely play MMO'S any more.

With AC1&2 DT and Darkfall my most favorite MMO'S.

Indeed with today's generation of gamers who mostly grew up with wow Darkfall 1 should stay dead unless the ones who own it keep it as it was in beginning and don't bow to whiners.

Originally posted by Elsabolts
    No there were to many " AssHats".

Then you never played Darkfall 1 ass hats where only a few, majority was to my surprise also rather good community(only cheating was not) and even helpful.

DARKFALL original back yet or still this DUW crap running?

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

DF1 was decent for the first month when it had a population and everyone was on a fairly even playing field.

After that it turned into complete garbage where everyone would just sit in their keeps playing macrofall until they were demi-gods and the game became unplayable for noobs / casuals.

DF1 is the poster child for why full loot hardcore pvp games just cannibalize themselves and implode in short order. Pretty much the complete opposite of a viable business model.

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Df1 with a few tweaks to get rid of the macro grind and auto got key ray macros would be amazing. Tweak the exp gains a bit and boom, shit all over dfuw.

Dfuw has failed already. It's a dead world with a handful of battles happening around the world daily. It's over.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    I think they should bring it back with the skill gains the way they were in the last ~6 months. Focus on nothing but content for a couple years and then work on different play styles. That's what I want.
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

Both games can be buried and dont touch again 

And aventurine disband 

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by Nihilist

DF1 is the poster child for why full loot hardcore pvp games just cannibalize themselves and implode in short order. Pretty much the complete opposite of a viable business model.

Wrong. A working business model on a full loot game has already been proven... Look at EvE, one of the most successful mmorpgs on the market! Theres also planty of dead WoW clones. All this proves full loot doesn't have much with viability of a business model.

All the big companies want to cash in on proven formulas, avoiding uncharted waters to decrease the failure chance.

Small companies (indies) on the other hand have very little to loose. They like to follow personal preferences and they  don't mind going where competition is smaller.

The result is a number of buggy, skeletons of sandbox full loot games with snail paced development and questionable customer support. Who wants to play poorly managed games? Not many...

Now how many existing tripple A true sandbox mmorpgs with full loot can you name?

Expecting low budget and unprofessionally run games to be remotely successful while blaming it on full loot is short sighted at best.

Again, look at EvE, take the depth, polish, ideas and apply it to a well thought out fantasy universe and we get a game at least tripple as popular as EvE, easy.

• C0mat0sisC0mat0sis Member UncommonPosts: 10

You got my support, Loved DFO, i HATE with a passion AV they are the most scum bag company ever.

I've played their game since 2009 - 2014 and they banned me for a billing issue they caused. (They reactivated a card i hadn't used in a year)

• F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349

The reason why they had to stop using the DF1 engine was because of a lawsuit over payment to the original developers of the game Razorwax. They could not use the DF1 client, only the server so they had to remake the client (DFUW) and re-release.

So no, AV cannot bring back DF1 client, and they cannot sell DF1 client legally. There are also rumors that the majority of their staff is now working on a new project with the engine, a more casual game but unlike everything else I wrote that hasn't been verified. 

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Originally posted by Sketch420

The reason why they had to stop using the DF1 engine was because of a lawsuit over payment to the original developers of the game Razorwax. They could not use the DF1 client, only the server so they had to remake the client (DFUW) and re-release.

So no, AV cannot bring back DF1 client, and they cannot sell DF1 client legally. There are also rumors that the majority of their staff is now working on a new project with the engine, a more casual game but unlike everything else I wrote that hasn't been verified. 

Rumors are awesome.

• fillybluntsfillyblunts Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by vadio123

Both games can be buried and dont touch again 

And aventurine disband 

QFT

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

DF1 died for a very good reason. It had fundamental design flaws that made it inaccessible to anyone but the couple hundred who played it in its final 2 years.

There are not many who want it back.