Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Crowdfunding Milestones Discussion

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512

I managed to get my 1k Refundend  due to the fact that i will no longer support a game that needs 1 mil to make a carrier..nor a team that is so money hungry and far from transperent in their development.

The entire team including sandi is not trustworthy and i do not belive in the project.

You can flame me all you want..but i do not trust the developers nor their goals. This game has promised to much...and has so much support that my 1k will not make a difference..

When my money gets into my account i will donate the cash to Project Gorgon..as i feel that the money is well spent on that indie studio.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Why should we flame you ? You no longer want to support this project, which is your right.

I am happy for you that you got your money back.  And the fact that you DID get your money back once again tells me a lot about CIG and the team.

Have fun in whatever (kickstarter) project you support next

Originally posted by Erillion

Why should we flame you ? You no longer want to support this project, which is your right.

I am happy for you that you got your money back.  And the fact that you DID get your money back once again tells me a lot about CIG and the team.

Have fun in whatever (kickstarter) project you support next

True..it does tell a bit about them..maybe i was a bit to harsh on my post.

I just lost the love and respect towards it..why..when i saw the latest presentation it just didnt do it for me. I love supporting MMOs i love MMOs which is way mmorpg.com is my starter site on my browser. 

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• IngemarVMIngemarVM Member Posts: 24

Hopefully the game will be able to keep making money after it comes out.[mod edit]  Just come up with a short video or some screenshots of cool new ships for people to trade money for, lol. [mod edit]

This is the future snake oil salesman.

Things I want to know are:

1. What will normal players start with? (The ones that wait for an actual game to release before unloading money onto it)

2. Won't we be able to buy these ships from an item mall after release anyway?

3. When is beta?

4. Why make a game when you can make more money on hype alone?

Errrmm ... why are you answering your own posts ?

Have fun

Because I know everything.
    Originally posted by IngemarVM

1. What will normal players start with? (The ones that wait for an actual game to release before unloading money onto it)

At the moment there are two starter ships. If the community wish of a third starter ship (explorer, stealth) becomes true, you may see a third one in the future.

Mustang (fighter)     http://i.imgur.com/BmWO3YK.jpg

Aurora (light transport, allrounder)   - this one you can already play in the Arena Commander dogfight module

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/rsi/static/images/Temp/starcitizen/rsiaurora.jpg

Every ship can be bought in game with in game money after release. Takes about 60 hours of gameplay to earn a multi crew ship like the Constellation (=official quote), less than that (20-60 is my guess) to get a single seater ship.

Although there will be an in game shop with in game money converted from real world money, you will NOT be able to buy ships with this money after release. Only ship upgrades and cosmetics  (Official stance at time of writing). This UEC wallet is currently (=pre-alpha)  limited to 150.000 UE credits.

Some ships may require special effort to buy it  (e.g. alien ships from hostile races may only be found on the black market in pirate systems or after getting on the good side of the navy).

3. When is beta?

At the time of writing  planned for end of 2015, beginning of 2016. I would expect 2016.

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Anticipated_Release_Schedule

Because some people  are visionaries and have a dedicated team and dedicated followers to back them ......... and everyone of those just WANTS to see this vision come true. Sometimes dreams are worth more than money.

Have fun

Because I know everything.

Fair enough.

Have fun

"Although there will be an in game shop with in game money converted from real world money, you will NOT be able to buy ships with this money after release."

LOL! Awesome sales pitch to try and get people to fork over their cash NOW instead of waiting. I bet they offer these ships for real cash if the game actually comes out. Why change a good thing? This is working for them and the game isn't even out yet.

Oh, and those were some pretty convincing screenshots let me tell you! Here take some $$$$!!! More screenshots plz!!! $$$ 

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

mmorpg junkie since 1999

Looks like I win.. again.

Don't feel bad, I never lose an internet argument. 

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Hopefully the game will be able to keep making money after it comes out. If I were them, I would keep milking these idiot gamers for every penny. Just come up with a short video or some screenshots of cool new ships for people to trade money for, lol. Only a moron would continue to pledge or fund this project now. They have enough money, now its time for a product imo.

This is the future snake oil salesman.

3. When is beta?

In theory, yes, if you buy pledge packages, you’re going to get that ship in some fashion in the game, but if you’re giving money specifically for that, you’re doing it wrong. Essentially everyone giving to SC (or to any Kickstarter type of game for that matter) are gambling their money as to whether or not the finished product is going to work or not. There are plenty of people saying it won't -- and yet, the money keeps pouring in. They release pictures  of unfinished ships, and it causes huge bursts in funding. So to bring your argument to its logical conclusion, either consumers are just total fools, or Chris Roberts is the greatest snake oil salesman who ever lived.

Errrmm ... why are you answering your own posts ?

Have fun

because he forgot to relog to his other account

and he even edited out the evidence quote after you called him out. Priceless.

obvious troll agenda is obvious

Looks like I win.. again.

Don't feel bad, I never lose an internet argument. 

ROFL

Thank you ... very entertaining afternoon for me while reading your posts  ;-)

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

Have fun

I do.

Especially with Star Citizen Arena Commander. And soon - Elite Dangerous. And already with - EVE Online.

Have fun

• Genesis-class Starliner – The Genesis is yet another landmark in Crusader Industries’ proud history of transport designs. This ship utilizes award-winning manufacturing techniques and the highest quality parts to create one thing; a next-generation passenger ship at a price that won’t break your budget. Crusader Industries’ proprietary NeoG engine technology offers some of the most efficient flight for a ship of its size. The Genesis line has been cited in Whitley’s as “one of the most reliable and safe public transport ships on the market.” Genesis Starliners are available in a number of stock configurations, focusing on everything from passenger capacity to freight to overall comfort. The UEE military operates multiple Genesis conversions for support roles, including SWACS and starflight test operations.
    Does it really cost 1 Mil USD to create this ship?

Edit: Forgot to mention that this is the stretch goal from 61-62 mil :)

Edit 2: Deleted the Have fun remark due to lack og its meaning and trolling effectivness!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

Originally posted by Mensur
    • Genesis-class Starliner – The Genesis is yet another landmark in Crusader Industries’ proud history of transport designs. This ship utilizes award-winning manufacturing techniques and the highest quality parts to create one thing; a next-generation passenger ship at a price that won’t break your budget. Crusader Industries’ proprietary NeoG engine technology offers some of the most efficient flight for a ship of its size. The Genesis line has been cited in Whitley’s as “one of the most reliable and safe public transport ships on the market.” Genesis Starliners are available in a number of stock configurations, focusing on everything from passenger capacity to freight to overall comfort. The UEE military operates multiple Genesis conversions for support roles, including SWACS and starflight test operations.

Have fun? :-P

YES! Of course it does cost a million!

There also was a backer reward for everyone to get a laser pistol as a reward, some 20 or 30 million ago.

That laser pistol too had a cost of 1 million to make.

You Sir are totally getting the concept of crowdfunding and stretch goal rewards.

May I suggest CIG goes back to adding FEATURES for each million, so you and your friends can complain about "FEATURE CREEP" again, like in the good old days? That would be awesome.

Originally posted by DocBrody
    Originally posted by Mensur

Have fun? :-P

YES! Of course it does cost a million!

There also was a backer reward for everyone to get a laser pistol as a reward, some 20 or 30 million ago.

That laser pistol too had a cost of 1 million to make.

You Sir are totally getting the concept of crowdfunding and stretch goal rewards.

May I suggest CIG goes back to adding FEATURES for each million, so you and your friends can complain about "FEATURE CREEP" again, like in the good old days? That would be awesome.

U got me there!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

Lets not forget the 49 million $ stretch goal ... the Xi'An space plant reward ...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13971-Letter-From-The-Chairman-47-Million

"Xi’An Space Plant – Similar to a bonsai tree, the Centennial Bloom is a very famous Xi’An plant indigenous to Eealus III that blossoms for one night every one hundred years. They sell the plants in sealed terrariums to traders. Ever since their introduction to the UEE, Humanity has been fascinated by these beautiful plants and the wait for them to bloom."

OF COURSE this plant also cost 1 million $ to create !!! People said so on the internet, so it must be true !!!

Have fun

PS:

CR posted in the link above a result of a poll .. he asked the backers if they want more stretch goal announcements or not ... and the backers were voting with a YES

".....Speaking of stretch goals, last time around we put their future up to a vote. 54% of Citizens voted that we should continue to offer goals, and we’re going to honor that choice. As I said last time, every dollar supports Star Citizen’s persistent universe… but I’m not comfortable promising additional features with each million unless they’re truly additive. .    .   .   . … but you can expect a number of player rewards . .. ... .... ...   as immediate goals!"

And these things .. plant, engine tuning kit, weapon, sidearm etc. ... they are just that ... little presents .... or insider jokes like the "locker from another universe" ;-) 

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Lets not forget the 49 million $ stretch goal ... the Xi'An space plant reward ...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13971-Letter-From-The-Chairman-47-Million

"Xi’An Space Plant – Similar to a bonsai tree, the Centennial Bloom is a very famous Xi’An plant indigenous to Eealus III that blossoms for one night every one hundred years. They sell the plants in sealed terrariums to traders. Ever since their introduction to the UEE, Humanity has been fascinated by these beautiful plants and the wait for them to bloom."

OF COURSE this plant also cost 1 million $ to create !!! People said so on the internet, so it must be true !!!

Have fun

Lol, no, this is what cost them $500 bux to develop because it was done by an intern. The lion's share goes towards the continual progression towards the final vision of Chris Roberts. How many "games" are they developing now? 3? 4? 5? We've got a space flight sim, plus fps, plus resource management, plus, plus. The scope of the project itself is actually pretty scary. Honestly, though, as a backer and a Chris Roberts fan, I would never has them to hurry up and finish because that would simply mean him doing another crowd funding effort in a years time to either do a new game or add onto SC. This is what Chris, and any Chris Roberts fan, wanted Freelancer to be. 

Do I think that the money is being wasted? I'm sure they don't have a money pool at the office, or use $1 bills as toilet paper. Based on the scope of Chris Roberts' previous projects, though, and the fact that those fell short of his desired vision, that's scary as hell. Actually, if this gets developed for under $100 million, I'd be seriously surprised. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Have fun

Lol, no, this is what cost them $500 bux to develop because it was done by an intern. The lion's share goes towards the continual progression towards the final vision of Chris Roberts. How many "games" are they developing now? 3? 4? 5? We've got a space flight sim, plus fps, plus resource management, plus, plus. The scope of the project itself is actually pretty scary. Honestly, though, as a backer and a Chris Roberts fan, I would never has them to hurry up and finish because that would simply mean him doing another crowd funding effort in a years time to either do a new game or add onto SC. This is what Chris, and any Chris Roberts fan, wanted Freelancer to be. 

Do I think that the money is being wasted? I'm sure they don't have a money pool at the office, or use $1 bills as toilet paper. Based on the scope of Chris Roberts' previous projects, though, and the fact that those fell short of his desired vision, that's scary as hell. Actually, if this gets developed for under $100 million, I'd be seriously surprised. 

don´t forget they expanded the script of the single player campaign Squadron 42 so it will come out in 3 episodes, they say even episode 1 will be at least 20 hours of gameplay, like the original Wing Commander.

AND one stretch goal was getting the first single player campaign expansion after the epic finale of Squadron 42 for free ("Behind Enemy Lines" - mission disk)

So that´s basically worth 4 single player games wrapped up in 1, and that´s just the upcoming single player content alone.

The amount of content they are producing for SQ42/SC is mind boggling

An idea for a new Stretch goal .... COMET LANDING mission !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/europeanspaceagency/sets/72157638315605535/

*** bites his fingernails in anticipation of PHILAE landing on a comet --> ROSETTA mission ***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08tGjXNHO4

By the time I write this the landing has already happened ... but light/radio signal  is sooooo slow, so we have to wait for confirmation !

Have fun

PS:

Success !  Landing achieved, harpoons fired (Edit .. or maybe not ?!), telemetry coming in. Picture from surface expected soon.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14295-Letter-From-The-Chairman

New "letter from the Chairman" ...and as expected, he announced a THIRD starter ship. Or rather .. four of them ;-)

There is a poll up, but in reality  its already decided ... more than half of the people want THIS as the third starter ship:

"MISC Reliant: With the success of the Freelancer “Built for Life” campaign, MISC has moved to join RSI and Consolidated in the single-seat introductory starship arena. Their silver bullet? A starter ship with more than one seat… and their ace in the hole: Xi’An technology. Where the Aurora is a pure utilitarian platform and the Mustang is a delicate, maneuverable personal transport, the Reliant is MISC’s most Xi’An tech-heavy ship to date. Featuring impossibly sleek lines, two separate crew seats and a vertical fuselage design, the Reliant’s streamlined cockpits glow with some of the finest xenotechnology available!"

But the other three are good reads too !

Have fun

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Call me when is goes Gold. Then we will see if its worth the box price.

I am done with cowdfunding...

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14295-Letter-From-The-Chairman

New "letter from the Chairman" ...and as expected, he announced a THIRD starter ship. Or rather .. four of them ;-)

There is a poll up, but in reality  its already decided ... more than half of the people want THIS as the third starter ship:

"MISC Reliant: With the success of the Freelancer “Built for Life” campaign, MISC has moved to join RSI and Consolidated in the single-seat introductory starship arena. Their silver bullet? A starter ship with more than one seat… and their ace in the hole: Xi’An technology. Where the Aurora is a pure utilitarian platform and the Mustang is a delicate, maneuverable personal transport, the Reliant is MISC’s most Xi’An tech-heavy ship to date. Featuring impossibly sleek lines, two separate crew seats and a vertical fuselage design, the Reliant’s streamlined cockpits glow with some of the finest xenotechnology available!"

But the other three are good reads too !

Have fun

letter was a bit late this time, almost 62 million now

that vote was VERY clear with 50%+ Sounds like an awesome concept, too bad there are no pictures yet.

I definitely want that MISC with Xian tech but I'll wait to get it in game, or if they hand it out for a 20$ Pledge reward I might pick one up

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Taking a million dollars to make something.  So if a designer takes a year to design a ship and a dev takes a year to code it, you mean to tell me their salary was half a million a year?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey