Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not support Wargaming!

bgonzalbgonzal Member Posts: 10

I have put a lot of time and money into WOT over the years.  It can be fun at times, but WG is not making any meaningful changes to the game.  They add new maps and new tanks which is great, but the game needs  a major overhaul.  It still runs DX9, does not support multiple cores or GPUs.   I have a 780ti and can get much higher frame rates on WT Ground Forces on max than I can get on WOT with some of the details turned down. 

WOT just keeps wanting to polish the same turd over and over again.   Keep hearing about Havok, but it seems to be pushed back.  Little things like allowing player to select maps or games without arty will never be implemented.  I don't care about arty any more since it isn't as popular after the nerfs.  If it ever goes back to where you see five in a match that would change though.  The maps really bother me. They can introduce a new map and you may see it twice in a week where as you get the same old tired maps every other game.  What is the point of putting in a new map if players can't really enjoy it?

They also haven't put in the ability to disable standard battles so you have more control over the types of battles you enter.  On top of this they are very sensitive to feedback.  I have been losing money in more matches lately which is rare at tier 8 when I have premium account.  I said "did they F with repair costs like retarded aholes?" in general chat and received an instant 3 day chat ban.  No warnings, nothing.  Now if you need their customer support to fix a screw up with a purchase you will wait days/weeks.  If lots of players request the same changes over and over again you will never see them.  Say one thing in general chat though and they respond asap.  

Bottom line is they don't listen to players and try to silence those that criticize them.  Granted it wasn't a shining moment when I posted it, but people say far worse and you should have the right to vent.  Hopefully Modern Warfare will be a decent game and take business away from WG.  The only way they will listen is when their revenue starts to drop.  WOWP will not save them since that game fell flat on it's face.  I think culture is part of the problem and they have a you take what we give you mentality there.  I for one will just take my money and spend it elsewhere. 

Comments

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    You call the devs aholes and get mad when they ban you for 3 whole days. Damm you are acting like a spoiled child.
    Top it off, you bemoan them making a game that a majority of gamers would meet or exceed the system reqs just besause you like to spend money of the latest tech and expect the devs to cater to you. Sure seems the problem is between your chair and your keyboard. The game is free, get over it.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Originally posted by lugal
    You call the devs aholes and get mad when they ban you for 3 whole days. Damm you are acting like a spoiled child.
    Top it off, you bemoan them making a game that a majority of gamers would meet or exceed the system reqs just besause you like to spend money of the latest tech and expect the devs to cater to you. Sure seems the problem is between your chair and your keyboard. The game is free, get over it.

and so the flame wars began!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    If I were a dev and you called me a retarded a-hole, I'd have permabanned you. Consider yourself lucky.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

So OP according to your thread title I shouldn't support any war games because you have a beef with one war game??

Seriously do people even think before they post this stupid thread titles?

• Dampiel_szDampiel_sz Member UncommonPosts: 73
    You do not like some things in the game so that means everyone else needs to stay away? how big is your ego?
  • Mighty_PlatypusMighty_Platypus Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Just to let you know, he is claiming to not support Wargaming. That is the name of the company that makes the games World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, and the soon to be released World of Warships. He is NOT saying do not play any games that have to deal with war or warfare. Just wanted that to be cleared up for you. Okay, let the flaming continue! /popcorn
  • Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264

WOT has a major problem alright, it's the absolute worst community I have ever seen in any game.  The chat window is almost always full of idiots belittling others for any reason at all.  My favorite are the idiots that die quickly then belittle those that are actually destroying tanks and not dying for being noobs or even better, the crybabies that scream about kill stealing if they hit a tank once because they feel they are the only tank that can kill it once they hit it.   Granted, there does seem to be a large section of the playerbase that do wait until they know a hit will kill another tank before they engage, but if you aren't the only one shooting, there is no expectation of the kill being yours.

Your community is rude, obnoxious, egotistical (about a damn video game? Really? Your parents must so proud LOL), the atmosphere is very contentious on your own team most of the time, and the conversations about tactics would make Patton slap the shit out most of the "good" players and pin a medal on most of the noobs.

honestly, there are a ton of players that more than deserve banns for what they say in chat or do in game.  Your ban is a sorry excuse for being upset, and by the way... WOWP has a very good community comparatively, I've only seen one person ever call someone else a noob much less cuss them out because they aren't flying a plane the way they want them to.

• bgonzalbgonzal Member Posts: 10

Sad world where saying retarded ahole is so offensive to people they cry about it.  Like I said I was venting and didn't say the devs are retarded f#!%ing A@@holes. I said it just like I said it in general chat.  

Regarding the system specs on the game.  I don't expect them to cater to me, I expect them to keep the game current.  DX9 came out when?  A decade ago?  I get decent frame rates.  People with less often complain about performance on the forums.  The point I am trying to make here is that you have more graphically intense games that play much smoother because they are better optimized for modern HW.  The game needs to get with the times.

People say it is free to play get over it, but I believe it was in the top 5 for revenue for online games last year.  They make a ton of money with their model.  They need to make the game more current.  I didn't even mention servers which can be awful during peak times.  I can have pings in the 20-40s and then they shoot up to 100ms with spikes up to 400-500 during peak.  They blame their ISP or yours, but don't take any responsibility for it. 

WOWP does have a good community, but people do curse each other out.  Especially when it comes to ramming.  I did enjoy the game much more than WT, but there just isn't enough players.  Queue times at T6+ are long and you often get into games that  are 5v5 and very lopsided.  This is due to the crappy MM system they have in all their games. 

• bgonzalbgonzal Member Posts: 10

Well they actually sent me an email stating that the issue was handled inappropriately and the ban was reduced to 24 hours.  It isn't true since it is still in place and should have been lifted yesterday, but at least they acknowledge they were being overly sensitive.  

Doesn't change the other comments on the game.  I think it is fun at times, but still way behind where it should be and hope a new tank game comes out that will be truly give them a run for their money.  If you could combine WT with WOT it would be a great game!

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by bgonzal

Well they actually sent me an email stating that the issue was handled inappropriately and the ban was reduced to 24 hours.  It isn't true since it is still in place and should have been lifted yesterday, but at least they acknowledge they were being overly sensitive.  

Doesn't change the other comments on the game.  I think it is fun at times, but still way behind where it should be and hope a new tank game comes out that will be truly give them a run for their money.  If you could combine WT with WOT it would be a great game!

In all fairness, with regards to updating the game itself, you need to understand that they most likely have very good data about their audience and the systems on which WoT is running. Why would someone who is leading their respective genre in revenues completely overhaul their game. It's the same thing with WoW. There will always be a small, enthusiastic, loud crowd who thinks that because their loudest, they must be in the majority, but it's simply not the case. 

Personally, if they were to update to the graphics engine to compete with Ground Forces, 3 of the 4 systems my kids play on would probably not support it. Either that or it would be very chunky. Now, I'm not saying that's a realistic sampling of the entire user base but, at the same time, the people running heavy-duty (or even decent) gaming rigs is also going to be in the minority. So it's a matter of settling somewhere in the middle. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by bgonzal

I have put a lot of time and money into WOT over the years.  It can be fun at times, but WG is not making any meaningful changes to the game.  They add new maps and new tanks which is great, but the game needs  a major overhaul.  It still runs DX9, does not support multiple cores or GPUs.   I have a 780ti and can get much higher frame rates on WT Ground Forces on max than I can get on WOT with some of the details turned down. 

WOT just keeps wanting to polish the same turd over and over again.   Keep hearing about Havok, but it seems to be pushed back.  Little things like allowing player to select maps or games without arty will never be implemented.  I don't care about arty any more since it isn't as popular after the nerfs.  If it ever goes back to where you see five in a match that would change though.  The maps really bother me. They can introduce a new map and you may see it twice in a week where as you get the same old tired maps every other game.  What is the point of putting in a new map if players can't really enjoy it?

They also haven't put in the ability to disable standard battles so you have more control over the types of battles you enter.  On top of this they are very sensitive to feedback.  I have been losing money in more matches lately which is rare at tier 8 when I have premium account.  I said "did they F with repair costs like retarded aholes?" in general chat and received an instant 3 day chat ban.  No warnings, nothing.  Now if you need their customer support to fix a screw up with a purchase you will wait days/weeks.  If lots of players request the same changes over and over again you will never see them.  Say one thing in general chat though and they respond asap.  

Bottom line is they don't listen to players and try to silence those that criticize them.  Granted it wasn't a shining moment when I posted it, but people say far worse and you should have the right to vent.  Hopefully Modern Warfare will be a decent game and take business away from WG.  The only way they will listen is when their revenue starts to drop.  WOWP will not save them since that game fell flat on it's face.  I think culture is part of the problem and they have a you take what we give you mentality there.  I for one will just take my money and spend it elsewhere. 

You say they don't listen to players yet they nerfed arty after people complained about them.  You make no sense.

Since you don't have access to all the communication from the players to the devs, you really can only claim that they don't listen to you AND that you are upset about that.  Unless you were also wanting arty nerfs in  that case, WOW!

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Well they do need to change the server name from North American to South America even tho its located in the west coast. Too the game play is now so bad that battles are soo lopsided  15-1 15-2 15-3 4 5 get the picture I often wander how they even got to T10 my guess they bought these accounts . Population is declining every week I used to it well over 50k now barely around 35 and most of these r from South America.
  • cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

largest player base is in Russia, so nothing anyone outside Russia says about the game makes any impression on WG unless Russian players are saying the same thing. Thats a fact.

WG has lied to the playerbase when it defended its MM system while meanwhile a developer admitted the system is not purely random and uses a player's recent win/loss record to determine what match that player gets next.

WG takes a dim view of any "negative" feedback on forums even when constructive.

WG had perma-banned some well respected players who posted monthly stats for all tanks and all tiers for player base to compare vehicle and nation performance. The data tell a story (most german armor is in the bottom 25% of performance in any given tier for example) that the devs don't want out in the public domain because it counters their "no nation bias" mantra.

There are many reasons to refuse to support WG - these are but a few.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

Are you one of those 12 year old red players ?

Because ofc they wont change anything major in the game and you know why ? BECAUSE its FUN.

You whole rant ingores fortress fights and other new cool stuff that was added. also no worries, havok will come.

The difference between WoT and WT:Ground Forces ? WOT is a fun arcade tan game, while WT is not fun

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by Niburu

Are you one of those 12 year old red players ?

Because ofc they wont change anything major in the game and you know why ? BECAUSE its FUN.

You whole rant ingores fortress fights and other new cool stuff that was added. also no worries, havok will come.

The difference between WoT and WT:Ground Forces ? WOT is a fun arcade tan game, while WT is not fun

come back and talk about how fun it is after you click 10K battles.

Game has been going in the wrong direction for a long time.

As for WT - Gaijin have screwed up that game as well with their Battle Rating/Tiering systems which is deeply flawed. Neither game is worth a darn at the moment.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Agree 100%! Anyone who thinks this game is anything but a deeply UN-balanced great steaming pile of $hit is highly deluded. The statistics are so clear. And the screamingly obvious UN-balances like the majic inviso-tanks... It's clearly all skewed to stroke the ego's of the payers. Never in a million years would I give these russian-mobster type "developers" so much as a penny.