Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DAoC or Asherons Call 2?

Im deciding on a new game to play, and ive decided on either DAoC or Asherons Call 2.  Wich one should i get?  I plan on playing maybe 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours a day, maybe 6 days a week, so im not a HARDCORE player.  So wich would be the best for me?

---------------------------------------------

Turn me on, dead man.
S: 86% E: 60% A: 33% K: 20%

Comments

• thegravyboatthegravyboat Member Posts: 89

AC2 REALLY blows, seriously HARDCORE!  AC2 is like MMORPG for brain dead monkeys (AC 1 rules though)

DAOC is pretty damn good, just bout everyone who plays it gets into it, and doesnt really require playing it 24/7 in order to have any amounts of fun in it.

~Best thing since sliced bread

SWG-Ahazi- Kovoa DE/DOC
    AC-Morningtha- Fou-Lu lvl 79 UA/LIFE

• ThePatientThePatient Member Posts: 90
    BUMP.  Im trying to get 20 votes before i decide.

Turn me on, dead man.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Well I can't see AC2 winning to be honest hehe.

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

I haven't played AC2 since beta, but it was just average then.  DAoC was good, but the realms were too small (I understand they've fixed that).  If I had to go back to one, it would definitely be DAoC.  It's a more mature MMOG (in terms of its evolution and expansion, not necessarily the age of the players) and has a much larger player base.

Does anyone play AC2, really?  The last I heard was that there was a small, dedicated group of hardcore players who were almost all high level, but no one at lower to mid levels, leaving the newbie and mid range areas all but deserted.  I am still playing Neocron, but the small player community is a definite hindrance.  I feel certain you would find the same in AC2.

NC > DAoC > EQ > UO > fecal matter > leper's oily rags > SW:G

-----

Old timer.

You say Neocron is the best?  Wellit does look appetizing, and only 9.95$ a month....

Turn me on, dead man.

• FaremFarem Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I started playing DAoC last year around july. Then i quit when AC2 came out and played that for 2 months. Them went straight bakc to DAoC. DAoC is much funner since it has an ACTUAL community within the game. Also AC2 never had any shops or NPCs when i played it so it was very very very boring. DAoC rocks. AC2 is boring AC1 is GREAT. Play DAoC. You will meet a LOT of friendly people in DAoC compared to AC2 i can tell you that. Also DAoC is coming out with another Expansion pack. its worth it i think.

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

Well, I do like Neocron, but my signature is really more of a dig at Star Wars Galaxies.  Reakktor was offering shirts at one time that said "NC > SW:G", so I just expanded on that.

Neocron is a good game once you get into it, but it is slow starting.  I would recommend playing on Saturn at first and trying to get into a good clan.  The absolute biggest problem with NC is the small player base.  If more people played, it would be the best MMOG on the market today, but the lack of players is a hindrance, IMO.

The good news is that you can play a 10 day free trial and if you don't like it, you're out $0.  A couple of MMOGs are doing that now (AO, WWIIOL).  Just be sure you have a high speed connection, because you'll have a large initial download.

NC > DAoC > EQ > UO > fecal matter > leper's oily rags > SW:G

-----

Old timer.

• ClandestineClandestine Member UncommonPosts: 91

DAoC is a good game if you like grouping. From what I understand, Asheron's Call is mainly solo play. I have heard that you rarely ever see other players. To me, the fun of a MMORPG is the community aspect. Grouping with other people makes the game more fun.

You might also wait till December 9th when Horizons is released. It will have a big emphasis on communities and should suit the casual player as well as the hardcore player. You can check it out at http://istaria.com.

• odinwiseodinwise Member Posts: 79
    Definately DAoC.  I think the ones who actually voted for AC2 are too ashamed to actually post their vote :P  DAoC is a much more solid game, and has WAY more content.  AC2 recently merged many of their servers to increase player population.  That's how much that game sucks and lacks players.  DAoC is soon going to ADD another server because of the player count.  Based on that information, you decide ;)

Pune!
    For the Horde!!

• HephaestusHephaestus Member Posts: 5
    DAoC is probly the lesser of two evils here, but forced grouping still sux.

Well I checked out neocron and right now that looks like the best thing.

Turn me on, dead man.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

yea, grouping is what ended up turning me away from daoc. theres just not enough of them, and its hard to form 1. and as soon as the whole group is slaughtered... umm... whered every1 go?

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
    I personally would go for DAoC. It's one of those games where you could play a minimum of 20 minutes and still say you had fun. Also the graphics are great, customer service is always good, and the fighting (RvR, PvE) is top notch.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by odinwise
    Definately DAoC.  I think the ones who actually voted for AC2 are too ashamed to actually post their vote :P  DAoC is a much more solid game, and has WAY more content.  AC2 recently merged many of their servers to increase player population.  That's how much that game sucks and lacks players.  DAoC is soon going to ADD another server because of the player count.  Based on that information, you decide ;)

Pune!
    For the Horde!!

You think ac2's bad because they merged servers? Get a load of this. Shadowbane is giving their game away for free if people are willing to pay the shipping and it comes with a monthly fee lmao.

not really on subject but i thought it was funny image

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    If you have any belief in doing what is good, then do not go to AC2!  I unfortunatley did and now the Devil owns my soul.  AC does not mean Asheron's Call in AC2, it means Ah Crap.

I don't know what weapons World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    ~Albert Einstein