Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why do we never see any kids in MMORPGs?

we never see at all any kids in MMORPG

how come this is?

I meen if they want to be realistic, not everyone is an adult u know

Comments

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    But then you have to ask yourself; when has a MMORPG ever been completely realistic?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are only 10 types of people in this world.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Gnomes are like kids.

Some games have kids in towns... but it's really a issue of machine resources. To make kids migh require a new set of models to be loaded into memory... memory that is already at a premium. It keeps memory usage down to use the same models as players for NPC's.

Why do NPC always stare blankly off into space? And why do they always just stand... don't they have to go to the bathroom once in awhile or eat? Hopefully both with change as machine specs increase.

-=-=-=-=-
    "Playing EQ to the highend is like getting hit in the head over and over. When the hitting stops you start to miss the dizzy feeling. The lack of this "dizzy feeling" will ruin you to other MMORPG's"

A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• paradymeparadyme Member Posts: 238
    And 90% of the games have PvP, and who is gonna sit there and hack apart a kid character, *shivers* thats just morbid.

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    well i just turned 13 toda y but i use to play everquest when i was 10 , oh u meen npcs

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=8mj35887

• thegravyboatthegravyboat Member Posts: 89
    I donno, if I rp an evil char I love going through towns and slaughtering women and children (as morbid as it sounds), its just a great way to rp.

~Best thing since sliced bread

SWG-Ahazi- Kovoa DE/DOC
    AC-Morningtha- Fou-Lu lvl 79 UA/LIFE

• NintendorkNintendork Member Posts: 20
    Hello everyone. I am a kid who is twelve (thirteen on December 14) and I have a pretty high IQ. No, this is not a joke, and no, my IQ is not high enough to repeat a grade. Anyways, I just wanna say, I love MMORPGs! image Believe me, there actually are some kids who play MMORPGs. Some people (such as myself) just get lonely in the real world and single-player games sometimes just won't do. I want Final Fantasy Eleven REALLY bad! Anyway, I just want to say, I've met lots of kids in the world of MMORPGs, and, I must admit, there aren't many (except on ToonTown), but hopefully sometime there will be (besides ToonTown)!

A nerd and proud of it!

Do you roleplay in your MMORPG? If not, you are one of those millions of people who irritate me. Congratulations. (My avatar is a Toadutoadu. They're quite common in Mushroom King'diel.)

• thegravyboatthegravyboat Member Posts: 89
    Isnt there an rpg on x-box that allows you to be a kid?

~Best thing since sliced bread

SWG-Ahazi- Kovoa DE/DOC
    AC-Morningtha- Fou-Lu lvl 79 UA/LIFE

• ShmeeShmee Member Posts: 321
    dejavu anyone?

• WaithmireWaithmire Member Posts: 17
    umm, I was talking about in game..not r/l

Warcraft III had kids, but..it isnt a rpg..its more of a strategy game, u could go around killing them to :D

• Sensei_KaelsSensei_Kaels Member Posts: 277

kid npc? or kid character?

kid npc= slaving away at the servers, trying to make the world possible. the adults do crap so they get to stay in the game

kid char=would suck ass with abilities in comparison to adults except for agility, and speed(only if adults fat).

i just made these up so they might sound like crap.

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724
    There are children NPCs in FFO.  They are a nice touch to if you ask me.  They definately add a bit to the feel of the cities and immersion.  This one cute little Taru girl keeps running in circles around one of the guards, its adorable.  Also many of the NPCs wander about in parts of the towns, really makes the place feel alive even when there arent many PCs in town at the time.

• MMorpg-manMMorpg-man Member Posts: 1

i dont really think its such a big deal not to have many kid npc's in mmorpgs i mean they wouldnt really do much. think bout it what quests would they give you "hey mr can you go save my mommy from that big evil demon over at some cave that i dont know what the name of it is cuz im too wittle plz mr help my mommy" thats prolly why we never see em they are useless online

. . . . . . .

:-)

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/townhall/gnomes.shtml

The above is allot like playing a kid in a MMORPG.

-=-=-=-=-
    "Playing EQ to the highend is like getting hit in the head over and over. When the hitting stops you start to miss the dizzy feeling. The lack of this "dizzy feeling" will ruin you to other MMORPG's"

A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• SelekSelek Member Posts: 236
    FFXI has Kids!! check out the Star Onion Brigade in windrust! they have some goody-woody quests

-Selek

-Selek

• EykeEyke Member Posts: 60
    thats how i would level up, killing towns and everyone in them.....for i rule the world

• leftieleftie Member Posts: 138

Pick an anime title. Any anime title. They're all kids. Seriously.

It's one of the reasons I have to take breaks from watching anime. I get tired of seeing 11 year olds save the universe while all adults are supposedly clueless. It's a constant theme in anime and it gets annoying.

Seriously... in the whole history of Japanese Anime, has a mecha ever been flow by someone older than 20?

"...you just #@*&;$% with the wrong rhino, pal!" - Smoochy

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

EQ - No kids cause the ogres and trolls ate them all.

AC and AC2 - teleporting makes you sterile

SWG - There are kids, all dressed as ewoks because SOE was to dam lazy to hire real ones.

I don't know what weapons World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    ~Albert Einstein