Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW just went F2P

http://media.blizzard.com/emails/fwow/wowfinal.html

At least for this month. Looks like they are testing out the F2P waters.

Comments

• bmw66bmw66 Member UncommonPosts: 141

Umm...no.

Its called free for a month then we charge you because we sucked you in.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I don't think they test the F2P waters, but want to win some people back to buy the addon. I heard that MoP sales weren't that great and they probably don't want to them to drop even lower with WoD.

IF WoW goes F2P alot of current F2P games will get in trouble...

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by bmw66

Umm...no.

Its called free for a month then we charge you because we sucked you in.

this^

smart tactics are smart.

Period.

• siempisiempi Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Whoa whoa, what's that WoW? Getting scared of ARCHEAGE!?!?
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Anyone know if this only applies to new accounts, or can anyone log in during this period?

It's been awhile since I've visited Azeroth...

<3

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

It's fake.... people are so gullable.

• DaxxanDaxxan Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Originally posted by siempi

Nothing to do with ArcheAge.  Everything to do with WoD

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    Originally posted by Pepeq

It's on Blizzard's site. And today isn't April 1st. So yeah, it's legit.

• siempisiempi Member UncommonPosts: 9

Oh you mean the expansion with the sudden focus on open world PVP, Housing and crafting? Sounds like ArcheAge lelele :D

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    As the blizzard employee actually confirmed this is the 30 day free for new player offer nothing more as far as I can tell.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by Daxxan

Have they ever done anything like this with prior expansions?  No they have not.  Of course It has everything to do with the release of Archeage.  You'd have to be very gullible to believe it has nothing, at all, to do with the release of Archeage.  Blizzard didn't get to be number one by being stupid.

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289

You should definitely download from that website and enter all your personal information and bank account number. Please report back and let us know what happens.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    As the blizzard employee actually confirmed this is the 30 day free for new player offer nothing more as far as I can tell.

What Blizzard employee confirmed this?

I am not saying this promotion is bogus, but the link in the OP's post is 100% bogus and not Blizz official.

For the record, its nowhere to be found on Blizz/WoW's official sites, and never once mention on MMO Champ.

• HolyTrevorHolyTrevor Member UncommonPosts: 55
    even if it did go f2p im not going back to it, i left for a reason and having a sub is not it
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

blizzard response

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14058817041

Hey guys,

The media link to our site is a graphic used from some promotions we were running for select players of our other games that haven't tried WoW yet. It's part of an email sent to them.

The free time it's referring too is the 30 day month that all new subscribers get.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by LacedOpium

Have they ever done anything like this with prior expansions?  No they have not.  Of course It has everything to do with the release of Archeage.  You'd have to be very gullible to believe it has nothing, at all, to do with the release of Archeage.  Blizzard didn't get to be number one by being stupid.

Do AA fans really think that game will even pass the million player mark after the first month or two ? It's a niche title that will probably have a solid following but hardly a threat to the wow monster.

They have an upcoming expansion that they think will bring back the glory days of wow in a time that subs have never been lower since it's peak. Obviously they're doing what they can to get people back in playing so they'll stay when it comes out.

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    FYI it has been f2p for quite a while in a very limited form. You can play for free up to lvl 20 and with disabled trading / chat functions.

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• ElandrialElandrial Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by newbinator

i am trying it out again and the zone i am is deserted....i think i saw 2 players so far.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Originally posted by Pepeq

It's on Blizzard's site. And today isn't April 1st. So yeah, it's legit.

PEOPLE PLEASE CHECK YOUR BROWSER.. ITS NOT BLIZZARD IF IT SAYS ANYTHING OTHER THAN BATTLE.NET. THIS IS A PHISHING SCAM. + BLIZZ WOULD HAVE ANNOUNCED A F2P CONVERSION 

EDIT: NOT A SCAM BUT NOT A F2P CONVERSION EITHER.  PLEASE STILL MAKE SURE YOU CHECK BROWSERS, SO MANY HACK ATTEMPTS ALWAYS HAPPEN BEFORE XPAC

"Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Do AA fans really think that game will even pass the million player mark after the first month or two ? It's a niche title that will probably have a solid following but hardly a threat to the wow monster.

They have an upcoming expansion that they think will bring back the glory days of wow in a time that subs have never been lower since it's peak. Obviously they're doing what they can to get people back in playing so they'll stay when it comes out.

This ^

Blizzard gave my account Mist of Panderia free.

"Richard,

The Iron Horde is coming and to help prepare you for the invasion, we’ve given your account a FREE digital copy of Mists of Pandaria®. When you reactivate your WoW subscription, you'll be able to battle to level 90 and get ready for the launch of Warlords of Draenor™ on 11.13.14."

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Elandrial

i am trying it out again and the zone i am is deserted....i think i saw 2 players so far.

So you logged in on a work/school day and there weren't many people?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Good luck, Blizzard will bring something with glory in it. I highly doubt it'll be glory days.

[mod edit]

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Asheram

Blizzard gave my account Mist of Panderia free.

i got the same email MOP promotion for one of my WOW accts last week

the Op's post seems to pertain to emails sent to Hearthstone players -- that never played WOW

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    If WoW went F2P even for a month the internet would explode... looks around Internet still working so... WoW didn't go F2P.
  • NickraiderNickraider Member UncommonPosts: 131
    There are people who still haven't played WoW? O.o