Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was thinking of re rolling to get off my dead server but then i saw this...

Comments

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by Thestrain
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

I could take a screenshot of WoW servers at 4 am and it wouldn't look different.

Just saying.

Originally posted by Purutzil
    Depends when you look at a game. You can find any game with "Low" numbers during off hours. Pergo I'm on is still very full and crowded so I've never seen any issues with population. 

I mentioned it already that the screenshot was taken at 7 pm. I waited till 12.30 to see if any server would hit medium so that i get an indication about what server to choose to play the domi side. But nope, server status never changed.

But hey whatever floats your bloat.  If you think this is all due to off time..then there is nothing i can do to make you face the reality.

You can repeat it as many times as you want, but there is no proof of it whatsoever.

So I'm going to take it as random Wildstar hate, as usual.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

I could take a screenshot of WoW servers at 4 am and it wouldn't look different.

Just saying.

Depends when you look at a game. You can find any game with "Low" numbers during off hours. Pergo I'm on is still very full and crowded so I've never seen any issues with population. 

I mentioned it already that the screenshot was taken at 7 pm. I waited till 12.30 to see if any server would hit medium so that i get an indication about what server to choose to play the domi side. But nope, server status never changed.

But hey whatever floats your bloat.  If you think this is all due to off time..then there is nothing i can do to make you face the reality.

You can repeat it as many times as you want, but there is no proof of it whatsoever.

do u play WS? make a screenshot to proof otherwise

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635

Just saying.

I could throw you a free trial key so you can see for yourself if you'd like to PM me

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Not sure I would call LFR endgame...more like practice and getting ready for endgame. That is like says college sports is the pinnacle of sport competition.

Not to be pedantic, but I don't think you realize how awesome of an athlete you have to be to actually play a sport at the collegiate level.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Just saying.

It is very easy to prove him wrong.

log in after 7 pm and post the screenshot of Wildstar servers showing high and medium population.

How about that? easy to call him a liar when you got nothing to show otherwise.

Such irony to call it as a random 'wildstar hate' when OP has repeatedly said that he enjoys the game but is bothered by low population.

I will be waiting for those screenshots by the way.. if not do us all a favor and don't post here again pointing fingers at others.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Just saying.

log in after 7 pm and post the screenshot of Wildstar servers showing high and medium population.

Such irony to call it as a random 'wildstar hate' when OP has repeatedly said that he enjoys the game but is bothered by low population.

I will be waiting for those screenshots by the way.. if not do us all a favor and don't post here again pointing fingers at others.

I think you've missed the bigger picture; OP has posted a screenshot showing low population, and the flood gates were open predicting gloom and doom for the game. Predictions that are essentially opinions, spewed and twisted into what some believe are facts. Fact is, the population seems to be 'low'. What does low mean? Well, it means... 'low'. That's it; nothing more to see her folks.

The 'Random Hate' is apparent when the OP takes his one kernel of bloated truth, and inflates it to proclaim that 'the population is dwindling fast', or when others chime in and issue statements suggesting the game is fundamentally flawed. This, of coarse, is total bullshit. No one knows what Wildstars fate is, and you certainly cannot stand on population screenshots and draw broad conclusions, like this thread has done, without being called out. These opinions expressed ARE perfectly valid though, but they are simply that... opinions.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by cheyane

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the quest hub design. People play games where they grind mobs ad nauseum and still play it. Quest grinding is not it.

It is a mixture of the difficulty to carry off grouping skills meaning like healing support,tanking and mixing that with avoiding all these telegraphs. A majority of the player base like most MMORPG players may actually not be good enough to do this as I pointed out in a thread sometime ago before the game launched.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6346287#6346287

So when grouping dies a game based on an end game that requires heavy grouping will die too. They may have catered to a very elite hard core raiding design for those type of players but not all of them are twitch skilled.

Look at FFXIV ARR it has grouping coming out of its ear. I do a minimum of  three dungeons a day because I love to group and heal and that game is so crowded everywhere. It's doing very well and it also a quest hub game. That is not the reason at all.

The game is "failing" simply because its hardest encounters are not as hard as WoW's hardest encounters, and it has no casual content. Why are hardcore raiders going to switch to an inferior product, and why are casuals going to switch to a game with very little content for them?

If you are going to tailor your game to the "hardcore crowd", you better damn well make sure your hardest fights are harder than WoW's hardest fights.

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

Game is totally boring and repetitive.  No life or soul in the quests - just dull dull dull have to munch through the 30 on your list, keep getting more and it just all repeats.

The devs learned nothing from all the other MMOs on how to design an enjoyable questing experience.

And that's why WS's days are numbered.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by d_20

As has been mentioned elsewhere and often in these forums, the focus on "hardcore" raiding for endgame will doom any mmorpg in today's market to a very small niche.

At WoW's height of popularity, what percentage of the player base was into "hardcore" raiding?

According to Blizzard's own admittance very few percentage of people participated in hardcore raiding in comparison to total population. But then again it has been 8 years now and that kind of raiding doesn't seem to be popular anymore.

Where's this "admittance" by Blizzard? Link please.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

Honestly carbine deserves this.  They boasted so hard about producing the greatest MMO with the most content, and the most hardcore game ever and fell flat on their face for trying to copy vanilla WoW.  Apparently since they worked on vanilla WoW, they should know how bad it did in sales compared to the expansions that followed.  

Getting 40 people on the same schedule is not hardcore.  Grinding is not hardcore.  Telegraphs out the ass are not hardcore, and lastly the absolute joke lore and atmosphere is not hardcore or memorable in the slightest.   I said this ship would sink way before it even launched, this doesn't surprise me at all.  

What were Carbine's words to  describe Wildstar.... "WoW but better"?

Originally posted by Instigator-Jones

Just saying.

I think you've missed the bigger picture; OP has posted a screenshot showing low population, and the flood gates were open predicting gloom and doom for the game. Predictions that are essentially opinions, spewed and twisted into what some believe are facts. Fact is, the population seems to be 'low'. What does low mean? Well, it means... 'low'. That's it; nothing more to see her folks.

The 'Random Hate' is apparent when the OP takes his one kernel of bloated truth, and inflates it to proclaim that 'the population is dwindling fast', or when others chime in and issue statements suggesting the game is fundamentally flawed. This, of coarse, is total bullshit. No one knows what Wildstars fate is, and you certainly cannot stand on population screenshots and draw broad conclusions, like this thread has done, without being called out. These opinions expressed ARE perfectly valid though, but they are simply that... opinions.

Yes population has dwindled very fast and i am pretty sure wildstar isn't getting new players at this point. So what is bloated about this? how anyone with sane mind can look at the servers at prime time and think 'hey this game is doing so well'.

Please spare me your quest for facts and truth. People like you would rather go down with the ship in denial than rather accept that it is ofcourse sinking and its time to jump off.

And yeah i enjoyed the game too but quit due to population issues. And i have read the entire topic but no where OP claimed it is fundamentally flawed but he should have because it is and that is why you see the low population. When you design your endgame to appease a small minority this is what you get.

Everything point out towards the fact that population is low..so onus of proof is not on OP but those claiming otherwise and making vague statement like 'Wildstar is in still top 20 most played games' when asked which top 20 they just disappear or foolish statements like 'low on Wildstar means medium on other games'..that one takes the cake really.

All i see is plenty of denial on part of the fans..nothing new really.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Nevulus

As has been mentioned elsewhere and often in these forums, the focus on "hardcore" raiding for endgame will doom any mmorpg in today's market to a very small niche.

At WoW's height of popularity, what percentage of the player base was into "hardcore" raiding?

According to Blizzard's own admittance very few percentage of people participated in hardcore raiding in comparison to total population. But then again it has been 8 years now and that kind of raiding doesn't seem to be popular anymore.

Its very common knowledge that only a very small population participated in the "hardcore raiding," the evidence is everywhere and anyone who played BC and Vanilla knows this fully well and don't need to ask for quotes.  Hence why they added the LFR, it was not for free epics, it was so every player can experience the content even though it was severely watered down.

Originally posted by Nevulus

Don't know what blizzard admitted but bit of google could have showed you some info..

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2614-Dragon-Soul-and-Firelands-Statistics-Blue-Posts-Poll

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2656-Dragon-Soul-Difficulty-Changes-Impact-Blue-Tweets-Comics-MMO-Report

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    IMO it's not just the endgame that is the problem.  I played for a few hours in one of the beta weekends. logged off and never came back. IMO it was just another mundane solo quest grinder to level game which gave me feelings of deja vu.  I would off put it down to feeling burnt out on MMO's but when I asked my daughter if she would like the game for her birthday (around the launch date), she replied no. She was really looking forward to Wildstar before getting into one of the beta weekends.  I never discussed my feeling towards Wildstar with her.  She told me she did not find it enjoyable but couldn't explain why.

Just saying.

Yes population has dwindled very fast and i am pretty sure wildstar isn't getting new players at this point. So what is bloated about this? how anyone with sane mind can look at the servers at prime time and think 'hey this game is doing so well'.

Please spare me your quest for facts and truth. People like you would rather go down with the ship in denial than rather accept that it is ofcourse sinking and its time to jump off.

And yeah i enjoyed the game too but quit due to population issues. And i have read the entire topic but no where OP claimed it is fundamentally flawed but he should have because it is and that is why you see the low population. When you design your endgame to appease a small minority this is what you get.

Everything point out towards the fact that population is low..so onus of proof is not on OP but those claiming otherwise and making vague statement like 'Wildstar is in still top 20 most played games' when asked which top 20 they just disappear or foolish statements like 'low on Wildstar means medium on other games'..that one takes the cake really.

All i see is plenty of denial on part of the fans..nothing new really.

Good god this post is so full of fail. Here are three colorful (literally) points:

RED: Link please.

BLUE: I lol'd so hard at that; yea, let's just speculate and make it a worse case scenario, because, you know, it'll be cool and the negative sheep will eat it up and people will finally like it. We don't need no stinking facts! We'll make it up as we go along. Also, who tells the truth anymore, I'm mean seriously! /end sarcasm.

YELLOW: thanks for proving my point, population post and... well, let's just stretch it to an OPINION about end game. Good job.

Seriously, the population is low... we get it. That's it; spin it how you want, I don't think this title is going away (THAT however is just my opinion).

Good god this post is so full of fail. Here are three colorful (literally) points:

BLUE: I lol'd so hard at that; yea, let's just speculate and make it a worse case scenario, because, you know, it'll be cool and the negative sheep will eat it up and people will finally like it. We don't need no stinking facts! We'll make it up as we go along. Also, who tells the truth anymore, I'm mean seriously! /end sarcasm.

YELLOW: thanks for proving my point, population post and... well, let's just stretch it to an OPINION about end game. Good job.

Seriously, the population is low... we get it. That's it; spin it how you want, I don't think this title is going away (THAT however is just my opinion).

Its ok denial is first step towards acceptance.

One has to be active in game just to make a very educated guess at why population is low.

Wildstar was in development for almost 10 years. if this MMO was released back in 2004 with raid or die model for hardcores only it might have worked. But those days are gone now.

LOL all you want. That is not going to make the the current problem go away. There has already been huge topics on official forums begging devs to focus on end game and give more options to players because that is where  players hit a wall and quit.

Is Wildstar gaining more players? if yes why the sale numbers aren't going up? why servers are sitting on low even during labor day weekend? that is not just a matter of opinion.

But yeah mister naive wants an official annoucement frrom Ncsoft or carbine saying 'our game is failing because we targeted a small minority of hardcore alienating everyone else'. Good luck with that buddy. As if any game company ever admitted that they were in trouble.

If a game does well it shows...example WOW or SWTOR. Wildstar not so much.

Its ok denial is first step towards acceptance.

One has to be active in game just to make a very educated guess at why population is low.

Wildstar was in development for almost 10 years. if this MMO was released back in 2004 with raid or die model for hardcores only it might have worked. But those days are gone now.

LOL all you want. That is not going to make the the current problem go away. There has already been huge topics on official forums begging devs to focus on end game and give more options to players because that is where  players hit a wall and quit.

Is Wildstar gaining more players? if yes why the sale numbers aren't going up? why servers are sitting on low even during labor day weekend? that is not just a matter of opinion.

But yeah mister naive wants an official annoucement frrom Ncsoft or carbine saying 'our game is failing because we targeted a small minority of hardcore alienating everyone else'. Good luck with that buddy. As if any game company ever admitted that they were in trouble.

If a game does well it shows...example WOW or SWTOR. Wildstar not so much.

Now you're getting it; something from the horses mouth. I could just as easily post a screenshot (from an independent reviewer) showing Wildstar in the 'top 20' games of the summer, or some other such nonsense, and proclaim it's a huge success. THAT would be just as bad as this thread. Keep pounding the fail drum though, your arms will eventually tire. 

Also, I LOL'd at the SWTOR reference. I'm sure you remember how these forums treated that title. Now, SWTOR is crowded and quite seemingly profitable for EA.

Now you're getting it; something from the horses mouth. I could just as easily post a screenshot (from an independent reviewer) showing Wildstar in the 'top 20' games of the summer, or some other such nonsense, and proclaim it's a huge success. THAT would be just as bad as this thread. Keep pounding the fail drum though, your arms will eventually tire. 

Also, I LOL'd at the SWTOR reference. I'm sure you remember how these forums treated that title. Now, SWTOR is crowded and quite seemingly profitable for EA.

Good luck with that. I am sure carbine will make an official annoucement about how they are struggling at this point. Could you be any more naive?

And yeah SWTOR struggled at release..it showed..now it is doing well and made 200 million in profit in 2013. So when game is doing well that also shows. 

Labor day weekend..prime rime and all servers low in US. I bet Wildstar is a smashing success.

Good luck with that. I am sure carbine will make an official annoucement about how they are struggling at this point. Could you be any more naive?

And yeah SWTOR struggled at release..it showed..now it is doing well and made 200 million in profit in 2013. So when game is doing well that also shows. 

Labor day weekend..prime rime and all servers low in US. I bet Wildstar is a smashing success.

Well, obviously, you're playing.

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311

I got a spellslinger to 50 on Pergo. Joined a guild and participated in the endgame a little. 

It was awful. The guild was kick ass and I hang out with some of the members irl (turns out we didnt live too far from eachother.) But the timesink at endgame was horrendous. It was obvious, and also stated by Carbine, that the endgame was tuned for the hardcore raiders from vanilla and BC. They overestimated the amount of people that style of endgame actually appealed too. 

I still have another week of game time left. I am very busy with SWTOR now but this topic did make me log all this weekend at various time of the day just to test what OP was saying. 

In its current state i wouldn't play even if carbine payed me 15 bucks a month.

I still have another week of game time left. I am very busy with SWTOR now but this topic did make me log all this weekend at various time of the day just to test what OP was saying. 

aaaaaaaaand, there it is again... for reference:

my response ... page 12: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6446073#6446073

yep... call'n bullshit on that one.

my response ... page 12: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6446073#6446073

Yeah Dr. Phill you seem to know us all gamers in and out.

You got me!!!

(reserved for an eye roll jpg.)

Yeah Dr. Phill you seem to know us all gamers in and out.

You got me!!!

(reserved for an eye roll jpg.)

Predictability is not hard to peg... it's just... predictable... try 'surprising different' you may surprise yourself.

Predictability is not hard to peg... it's just... predictable... try 'surprising different' you may surprise yourself.

What? not that i need to explain but this is how it is with me. I am a family man and i get limited time to play a game. There are plenty of F2P games swimming around but i don't play them just because they are free.

For me my play time is a luxury and game has to be worth my time. So yeah like i said even if they pay me to play their game i wouldn't because in its current state it is not worth my time.

If i am going to spend 2 hours in evening playing games after long day at work..it has to be worth it and something i can enjoy.