Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: Season Pass and Pre-Seeding Info

BMunchausenBMunchausen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff Posts: 400

Gearbox and 2K announced they plan to release four add-on packs for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Packs can be bought individually for $9.99 each, or in a four-pack bundle for $29.99. This Season Pass gives PC, PSN and Xbox LIVE players all four packs. Shock Drop Slaughter Pit bonus content is not part of the Season Pass, but gamers can get it by pre-ordering Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel or purchase it separately at a later date.

Content packs will include "new characters, missions, experiences."

For more information about the Season Pass, visit the Borderlands website.

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I love Borderlands 1+2 and played both extensively solo and in coop with a friend, but the new addon is just borderline too much of the same to me.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i always have bad feelings with games that announce a bagillion DLCs and a season pass before the game comes out.

Ill wait for a steam sell, get the ehole package together at the regular price of the game with all content. I dont like feeling like im being ripped off by paying full price for a game that lacks content. And Gearbox is well known for being a DLC dispenser.

I enjoyed BL 1 and 2 with two friends but they beat both games without me. I couldnt finish them. This one has Claptrap as playable character so i might finish this one.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530

BL1 was so bloody great; BL2 was such a let down, completely lost the vibe of the original. Changing Scooters voice was one thing, killing bloodwing, get lost.

while I'm curious about the pre-sequel, I might just have to wait.

• Nickhead420Nickhead420 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones

BL1 was so bloody great; BL2 was such a let down, completely lost the vibe of the original. Changing Scooters voice was one thing, killing bloodwing, get lost.

When Bloodwing died, I literally stopped playing for months.  I didn't play again until they did the loot hunt thing.  I think this time I'll just wait until the GotY edition comes out.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Yeah... don't know personally not feeling this one. I think if I do get it, I'll likely grab it with the goty edition. I'm not really one for DLC.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

GOTY Edition for me as well (or whatever they'll call it.) While I liked BL2, the toning down of the violence really irked me. Add to that the fact that Gearbox has proved themselves a bunch of lying shysters, I'm not giving them any more of my money.

Oh, and plus I wanted an actual sequel, not this cash-grab prequel crap. How am I supposed to play knowing that all these characters wind up killed by the protagonists of Borderlands 2? How am I supposed to care about these people who, by all accounts, turn out to be absolutely despicable and loathsome human beings?

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    I sincerely love the Borderlands IP, but this is getting ridiculous when games are costing us $100+ just because they break it down into DLCs. Do yourselves a favor, wait for the Steam sale and/or get the GOTY edition. 
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I put a lot of hours into 1 and 2 but this just seems like more of the same to me. 2 was enough for me so I'm not sure I'll even get it when steam puts it on sale. Maybe I'll change my mind years from now but right now it just feels like meh.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Nevulus
    I sincerely love the Borderlands IP, but this is getting ridiculous when games are costing us $100+ just because they break it down into DLCs. Do yourselves a favor, wait for the Steam sale and/or get the GOTY edition. 

True. Ive said it so many times its not even funny. Companies do this because people with dispensable cash support these practices, completely ignoring the  bigger outcome. What outcome? what we are getting now, full priced incomplete games and if you want a complete experience then the game costs almost double in some cases. DLCs dont expand games anymore, they fill in the missing parts now.

And by the time people start seeing the reality and complain about it, its too late because its been a while since companies have been getting away with it... effectively increasing the price of the games.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by DamonVile

I put a lot of hours into 1 and 2 but this just seems like more of the same to me. 2 was enough for me so I'm not sure I'll even get it when steam puts it on sale. Maybe I'll change my mind years from now but right now it just feels like meh.

These games run like @ss on my machine for some reason.  However, I am looking forward to the TTG game set in the Borderlands universe.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

GOTY Edition for me as well (or whatever they'll call it.) While I liked BL2, the toning down of the violence really irked me. Add to that the fact that Gearbox has proved themselves a bunch of lying shysters, I'm not giving them any more of my money.

Oh, and plus I wanted an actual sequel, not this cash-grab prequel crap. How am I supposed to play knowing that all these characters wind up killed by the protagonists of Borderlands 2? How am I supposed to care about these people who, by all accounts, turn out to be absolutely despicable and loathsome human beings?

Borderlands has never really been about good vs evil as I doubt you could call any of the "good guys" in this game virtuous.  They are more Clint Eastwood Man without a name series kind of good guys.  If done right I think this might turn out to be a pretty cool look into the shades of grey in the world.

I'll probably hold out for a GOTY edition as well.  I'm not feeling a super hurry to play this game even though I will get around to it someday I'm sure.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid
    Originally posted by Nevulus

True. Ive said it so many times its not even funny. Companies do this because people with dispensable cash support these practices, completely ignoring the  bigger outcome. What outcome? what we are getting now, full priced incomplete games and if you want a complete experience then the game costs almost double in some cases. DLCs dont expand games anymore, they fill in the missing parts now.

And by the time people start seeing the reality and complain about it, its too late because its been a while since companies have been getting away with it... effectively increasing the price of the games.

Lol, of course companies are going to increase the price of games ! Did you really think that games would sell for the same amount for all eternity ?

Production costs increase steadily, because wages increase steadily. Shareholders demand increased profits, otherwise they dump your stock and the share price tanks and Electronic Arts or Tencent or Nexon suddenly buys you for 10c on the dollar.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

I'm sure it will be an excellent coop shooter/rpg just like BL 1 and 2, but i'm not sure if i'll get it any time soon. Got enough games for the moment, some that i'm also interested in are just around the corner, too, like DA3, or TW3 next year. And at some point, it's simply too much. Didn't finish Big Game Hunt (it was that one i think..) yet, because while it was always fun, everyone lost interest.

Maybe i'll pick it up later when i'm in need of guarenteed coop fun again.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• WelshyJTWelshyJT Member UncommonPosts: 28

companies are shooting themselves in the feet with this dlc season pass shit.

I and seemingly a lot of others will wait for a super cheap bundle a few months down the line.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones

Well no sense in me finishing it now :)  Saves me from getting PO'd though.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

PC master racists need to figure out which side of the fence they are on, complaining about game prices with their ridiculous rigs is hypocritical.

The complaints about BL2 are also just astounding, and EVERY quality title now comes with season pass and expected addons.  I don't buy them, you don't have to either.

omg bloodwing died QQ.  wow you guys.