Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO or...even MUD for me?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
NO single player game.

NO forced death match PvP clone. Didn't like eve or darkfall

More than just raiding endgame. I expect endgame to be like leveling, not a bait and switch. Love dungeons, hate raiding.

No lame instanced battlegrounds. Boring as hell and have no effect in MMO.

I love dungeons, crafting (wow crafting is lame), finding treasure, exploring in a huge world. I love building and trading. Love land and sea in games, not space. I love huge real cities. Love no forced raiding. Love pve and open PvP.

Open PvP is only good if pve is amazing too like in uo or asherons call. Darkfall was just a battlefield death match clone.

Is elder scrolls online up my alley?

Not archeage, too cash shop reliant even as pay to play. No cash shop forced MMO.

Or what about muds if not any MMO? Only MMO I can think of that may work is ESO. Unless its a bait and switch at endgame like the others.

Not gw2 either as a heads up. Can't play it.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    You might dig Achaea. Good RP community, player-driven faction politics, lots of crafting, player-owned shops, can sail across the ocean and go deep-sea fishing or do trading routes. Good PvP if you get into it, can join your faction's army and go raid other faction territories.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by Ergload
    You might dig Achaea. Good RP community, player-driven faction politics, lots of crafting, player-owned shops, can sail across the ocean and go deep-sea fishing or do trading routes. Good PvP if you get into it, can join your faction's army and go raid other faction territories.

That actually does sound really good. Sounds up my alley, and I don't think many muds actually have crafting that I noticed (that I could find anyway).

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

Some of the crafting skills are locked to classes.

Knights = forge weapons/armor

Druids/Sylvans = can brew potions

Magi = enchanting

Serpents = milk venoms (which are applied to weapons for various poison effects)

Alchemists = transmutations

It creates a really good fair market economy where somebody has something you need, instead of a game where you can do everything for yourself and never need to interact with anybody (which absolutely kills community).

The non-class specific crafting abilities are Heraldy, Tailoring, Inkmilling, Gathering, Jewelry, Cooking, uhhh...a few others I forget, honestly. I'm more of a PvPer.