Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame

seraphis79seraphis79 Member UncommonPosts: 312

I'm looking for a pve skill based game with a fantasy setting.  

Basically Darkfall without the full loot pvp.  I'm open for a hardcore death penalty just not with a full pvp ruleset.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Guild Wars 2 is kinda fun.
  • seraphis79seraphis79 Member UncommonPosts: 312

I played GW2 for a while and I enjoyed it for a short time.  However, after I maxed out my second character, I got tired of the WvW zerging and grind for the legendary.

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    It's not a MMO but Mount & Blade is fun. I can't really think of a MMO with darkfall like combat that isn't PVP centric. Tera has action combat but it's not really the same as darkfall like combat.
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Not sure how many answers you will get here in the non MMO forum, might want to try the actual LFGame forum or The Pub.

To answer you question though, maybe try Mortal Online, it is similar to Darkfall.  Cant think of anything else.

• rtsandersrtsanders Member Posts: 17
    cant pay for Destiny yet so i am enganged with Firefall now, so yeah Firefall for me since its free .. ruckus free
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Might as well try ArcheAge when it comes out the 16th. It's F2P, so you don't have anything to lose if you don't like it.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

Mortal Online is probably the most similar to Darkfall but its open-world PK with full body looting. You'll be hacked down by much stronger players while you're just minding your business chopping trees to raise your Strength for hours a day.

Achaea has great PvE and is very skill-based (both class skills and player skills), the PvP rules are pretty lax but not entirely open world PvP. Its more like "PK anyone you want as long as you have a justifiable RP reason". So if you're a soldier of Eleusis, you can go around attacking soldiers of Mhaldor, but you can't go PKing Sammy the Lvl 10 Newb Druid all willy-nilly.

• lucianvenkslucianvenks Member Posts: 6
    Firefall or Destiny, free vs payed ..
  • kaceyzuarezkaceyzuarez Member Posts: 7
    Wildstar for me, or if wanna have shooter aspect try Firefall if you gotsa lotsa cashie go Destiny?