Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Landmark MUST have MIND BLOWING combat for a building game and other hater logic

amx23amx23 Member Posts: 102
Otherwise its sucks and its not worth the zero dollars you invest in it when it comes out. um wtf. Nvmd its 10 times better than 900 million dollar grossing minecraft and will add features like dungeon with AI scripting. But wth, im a VIDEO GAME CRITIC listen to me when i say its not worth the download.

Comments

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Calm down
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

is this in reference to an article?

regardless...As far as I am concerned Next would be a better game if it had zero combat whatsoever.

In fact, something where you can die from mobs but you can fight them so you spend that time in avoidance tactics

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    Somebody is mad that some of us found the combat unimpressive. Apparently since the game started off incomplete (with only the building feature) we're not supposed to have an opinion about the combat. 
  • ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Originally posted by Mavolence
    Calm down

Seconded.

Originally posted by VicDynamo
    Somebody is mad that some of us found the combat unimpressive. Apparently since the game started off incomplete (with only the building feature) we're not supposed to have an opinion about the combat. 

what the fuck is combat doing in one of the only non-combat focused MMOs anyway?

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

what the fuck is combat doing in one of the only non-combat focused MMOs anyway?

I do feel sorry for all those great builders out there but they did make it clear that combat, death and danger (mobs) would be coming eventually.

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by amx23
    Otherwise its sucks and its not worth the zero dollars you invest in it when it comes out. um wtf. Nvmd its 10 times better than 900 million dollar grossing minecraft and will add features like dungeon with AI scripting. But wth, im a VIDEO GAME CRITIC listen to me when i say its not worth the download.

Yeah, because everybody is complaining that the combat isn't mind-blowing.  

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357

is this in reference to an article?

regardless...As far as I am concerned Next would be a better game if it had zero combat whatsoever.

In fact, something where you can die from mobs but you can fight them so you spend that time in avoidance tactics

Yeah...that sounds like an awful idea.  

Originally posted by ozmono

I do feel sorry for all those great builders out there but they did make it clear that combat, death and danger (mobs) would be coming eventually.

well that kinda sucks for landmark.

add that to the list of trash

• Lashiec9Lashiec9 Member UncommonPosts: 7

Dude I thought it was obvious? They are testing out things in Landmark that will make it into EQ NEXT. It's just how Arena Commander is a teaser for Star Citizen. 

Originally posted by Lashiec9

Dude I thought it was obvious? They are testing out things in Landmark that will make it into EQ NEXT. It's just how Arena Commander is a teaser for Star Citizen. 

I am moving on and marking yes on 'EQ is (and has never really been) creative enough for my interest' Landmark was a good go though but fuck it.

• LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166

I am moving on and marking yes on 'EQ is (and has never really been) creative enough for my interest' Landmark was a good go though but fuck it.

It gets me excited when people say, but fuck it. Yea, you know what I like.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I do not care about Landmark but if this is the type of combat they are showcasing I am worried about Next.

• MarkusrindMarkusrind Member Posts: 359

Despite your constant trolling attempts to bait others into an argument I have a serious question.

Why are you so angry at SOE and everything they are doing? Are you an old SWG player or are you an EQ vet who doesn't like that they are making EQ III? Or do you have another agenda and if so what is it?

Originally posted by Markusrind

Despite your constant trolling attempts to bait others into an argument I have a serious question.

Why are you so angry at SOE and everything they are doing? Are you an old SWG player or are you an EQ vet who doesn't like that they are making EQ III? Or do you have another agenda and if so what is it?

I believe this is the first time I have posted on anything related to EQ or SOE...like ever that I can recall.

so with that..what the fuck are you talking about?

• Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    bad combat is ok for a building game but this is a bit excessive bad.

Combat is simple but fun, a good start to build on and improve. Opinions are fun to.

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by Mavolence
    Calm down

This.

This discussion has been closed.