Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoD flying posts being deleted in mass

For the past week on the WoW fourms I have noticed there has been a lot of posts with people being upset about flight being removed in the expansion even at level 100...

Yesterday I noticed that blizzard has started to delete all the posts related to pro flying as if they are trying to do a cover up of out cry.

So I made a post that just simply asked why are all the pro flying posts being deleted...a few min later I get greeted with a message saying your account has been suspended for questioning mods...

pic here

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10621129_10154490052320411_1307589990_n.jpg?oh=ef15071057fd51f3ad20f40fd99ad926&oe=5405777C&__gda__=1409634733_85991d67fe28ad79a37a0f6138972c16

Edit:

Perhaps rules about posting were broken I do not normally make comments in the forums, but was curious so asked about it.

It looks like not just repete posts are being deleted but all or most in mass, seems strange. 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    why post the same thing twice?

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Posting about deleted posts is in violation of the TOS for the forums.  It's a one way ticket to the ban hammer.
  • raziel69raziel69 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

New here and did not know where to post, a simple mistake. 

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Thank you for joining OUR forums to post this (twice).

The fact that you're asking something that has clearly been covered in the media.  You want a personal response?  The devs have already stated they regret allowing flight, and only complicated issues.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    You didn't get suspended for asking about flight. You got suspended for asking about moderation. Pretty much any forum anywhere has a rule that you can't make a new thread to question deleted/locked ones.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Originally posted by Braindome

LOL!!!

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Dreamo84
    You didn't get suspended for asking about flight. You got suspended for asking about moderation. Pretty much any forum anywhere has a rule that you can't make a new thread to question deleted/locked ones.

This ^

You questioned moderation procedures, which is against the rules.

You broke a rule, they punished you for breaking that rule.

Actions have consequences.

Take note.

Originally posted by Kost
    Originally posted by Dreamo84

This ^

You questioned moderation procedures, which is against the rules.

You broke a rule, they punished you for breaking that rule.

Actions have consequences.

Take note.

The point trying to be made is that not just repete posts are being deleted all posts on the topic are being delated, seems rather strange. Perhaps a change in leadership? 

• JenosydeJenosyde Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Yay no mounts!
  • VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    Deceptive title is deceptive. OP was not banned for asking about flying mounts but for violating forum rules.
  • MoosahMoosah Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Not really.  Seems like you're clutching at straws.

Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4GHz | ASUS Z87 PRO | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Gigabyte Aurus Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti 11GB | Creative Soundblaster Z Sound Card | Samsung 256GB 840Pro SSD | OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD | Antec TruPower Quattro 1200 Watt PSU

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Taking away flying is the best thing blizz have done in years! Cant wait.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    But freedom of speech on the WoW forum........image
    Originally posted by Kanester
    Taking away flying is the best thing blizz have done in years! Cant wait.

I am a part of the wait and see camp myself since it has been world of queue craft for a long time now and will continue to be with or without flying. 

Originally posted by Horusra

• TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Not having flying mounts in the new expansion almost (but not quite) makes me want to try it. Being able to fly anywhere at will kind of destroys the entire point of having an open world at all. If you're going to have flying mounts, the world better be big enough to warrant it, and there isn't an MMO in existence that is big enough.
    Originally posted by TerminalDeity
    Not having flying mounts in the new expansion almost (but not quite) makes me want to try it. Being able to fly anywhere at will kind of destroys the entire point of having an open world at all. If you're going to have flying mounts, the world better be big enough to warrant it, and there isn't an MMO in existence that is big enough.

What about AO?

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    When WoW was first released the world was not large enough to encompass flying .It made the world ridiculously small as a result. They are correcting it and do not want any discussion. Their game their rules. Not like they will lose people this coming expansion they will probably increase their population to even higher figures. So they will use draconian moderation because they have nothing to lose by disallowing discussion. Face it most WoW players are chained to the game.

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370

The majority of players agreed with Blizzards opinion that Flying in WoW was a bad idea. Blizzard devs regretted bringing flight into the game and know that the ones who whine on the WoW Forums are the minority.  Fact is that most players dont care whether flight is enabled or not, they are more concerned with the content... will it become more challenging and fun or (god forbid) will it continue to target 12 year olds and be dumbed down even further.

So now for some good news, after seeing a few videos on youtube about BFD, RFK, and RFD and their level of difficulty many are hoping that the raids are reverted back to Vanilla/TBC radically difficult and challenging builds. Even the Devs have stated that the open world PVP island will bring the old school AV feeling back into PVP. So things are looking up but we still have 2 months until release so theres plenty of time for numbers to be nerfed, classes to be screwed up, and mechanics to be nerfed or removed.

IMO Blizz should ban more of the denial posters from their forums, moderate the tear factories and just let the good times roll and bring the WoW back to World of Warcraft.

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

Sorry to hear you got banned OP, but THANK GOD THEY ARE GETTING RID OF FLYING MOUNTS!!!!!!!

One of the worst decisions Blizzard ever made was introducing them.  

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263

The good ole "Don't ask about mods actions!". (on any forum).

Welcome one and all to 1984. /enjoy

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Op thats because people and blizzard are tired of hearing all the complaining about people not being able to fly.  Its getting old.  The only reason people tend to give to why they need flying is I DONT HAVE TIME TO NOT FLY.  Well I guess you people dont have time to play an MMO then.  
  • RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Freedom of Speech does not exist on a private forum.  Thus the TOS.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by Roguewiz

Freedom of Speech does not exist on a private forum.  Thus the TOS.

Yep and the PRO Flying crowd is the rudest crowd in beta and they earned the right to be ignored.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14056996934#2

This post shows how bad they are.