Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simple Question: Are you having fun?

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Ocenica
    Totally unbiased question.  Not interested in cost, the opinion on the game store, or problems that the game has at the moment.  I am genuinely interested in the question: Are you having a fun time playing the game? 

//\

If your having trouble answering this question, or would like to expand; here are some specific questions myself, and I am sure others would like to hear if you have time to post:

Have you lost track of time while playing, if so; how long?

Have you encountered a "memorable" moment?

While at work / school / or doing a chore, have you found yourself thinking about getting to play  ArcheAge?

Have you stopped playing a different game in favor of playing ArcheAge?

Would you recommend this game to a friend?

I appreciate your feedback and I am sure others will read what you have typed as well.  Some may even base their opinion of the game or if they will play the game on what you say.  I greatly and sincerely appreciate honesty both positive and negative.

I Tried it and I have to say that I didn't enjoy my time playing it.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

yes, about 2-3 hours every play 

While at work / school / or doing a chore, have you found yourself thinking about getting to play  ArcheAge?

Yep

Not fully atm. But when its released i will.

Already made 5 friends play with me.

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by An4thor

I want to add my epic moment to my old post.

During the second day of CBT2 i found a 100+ secret tree farm in my "not so secret anymore" spot. There was a dude in AKF mode and all the trees were ready. I left the dude alive since i was already stealing 100 trees from him; but decided otherwhise at some point since he was 12 lvls above me and i still had many trees to harvest.

Ended up with 700 logs which allowed me to make my boat and build my scarecrow within half a day. Since i had remorses i bought all trees i could with the money i had and sent him. I had enough money only for 30 trees though XD

Seems you are what society call a "Honest thief", only takes what is really necessary  haha  image

• sync8sync8 Member UncommonPosts: 42

Yes, at least 4-5 hours later than normal I found myself still playing.

Have you encountered a "memorable" moment?

Many of them - fun fights during my first trade pack quest over the seas, my first CLIPPER and my first win in Arena against a well equipped DarkRunner!

So many things to do, so much stuff to consider.. 

I wasnt really hooked to any game at that point. I was just checking WildStar from time to time.

Yes, and this game was recommended to me by friends who left WildStar and World of Warcraft for it.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Having a blast! Cant wait till its finally launched so my progresss dosent get wiped.

Learned a lot about the game while in betas, need tog et it done for real now.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

Yes I am having fun

I left gw2 for AA

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Talking to all major GW2 pvp guilds and tons of them are confirmed to play Archeage.
    All EU guilds are in contact with each other to roll on the same server to seek out blood and mayhem.

After facing random guilds that wont even show face if you beat them down i for one cannot wait for release and fight some real competition.

Alpha closed , open beta meh......Release ? EPIC !

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Yes having a great time. While not perfect, my only grip with the game is the separation of the races. I think they should have had the 4 races neutral at first and then let people pick one of THREE factions to join. Would let cats and elves fight along side one another instead of always enemies. Just my two sense.

Then join a player made faction. It'll let you play with any race. Might not be right out the gate but it can be done.

http://2p.com/769232_1/ArcheAge-to-Allow-Players-Make-Their-Own-Factions.htm

I have seen this before but have not heard about it since this article and that was over a year ago. Has this been implemented in the Korea version yet and if so how is it working out. Will want some answers to this but as of right now, it looks like one of those "wish list" features.

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Too grindy for me. Nah, no fun. I'll pass on this one.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    LOL, I was until someone told me WoW killed everything.
  • cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Did I have fun...some but not enough to keep me going.  I don't hate AA and I don't dislike the LP system (except having to use it to open quest rewards).  My issue is I just couldn't get into it, it just didn't grab me.  I am glad others like the game and I do hope it stays around for years to come.
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457

I had fun for a few hours during the last beta and can see how the game could hold interest.  It is a beautiful game.

Ultimately, I don''t see myself investing in it.  Here's why:

Tab Targeting:  I'm past it.  Between Tera, Neverwinter, and some of the other modern MMOs, I just can't get back into a tab-targeted game.  This was a surprise frankly.

The Labor Point System:  Feels like the "meter is running" during gameplay. Parsing how often someone can build, harvest, of even identify gear just feels wrong.  I found this pretty annoying even during the few hours I spent in beta.

Best of luck to anyone enjoying the game but I'll be giving it a pass.

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Spiider

Spoken like someone who has not even played the game.

• PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Final answer: YES!
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    I heard they are trying to merge the code from Rift and Archeage. If that succeeds, i bet its gonna be fun to play!
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by Spiider

Too grindy? Compared to what?!

Level 10 in like 30 minutes to an hour (smoke breaks.) Level 30 under 10 hours (food and smoke breaks, also beers)

Questing is a joke, to be honest.  The only quest worth doing after level 30 are gilda stars dailys. After 30, if that much. I stopped questing around lvl 20. You build, craft, trade run, and PvP.

• sync8sync8 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Talking to all major GW2 pvp guilds and tons of them are confirmed to play Archeage.
    All EU guilds are in contact with each other to roll on the same server to seek out blood and mayhem.

After facing random guilds that wont even show face if you beat them down i for one cannot wait for release and fight some real competition.

Alpha closed , open beta meh......Release ? EPIC !

EPIC ! Well done !

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289

Yes

Yes

Yes

• reemireemi Member UncommonPosts: 45

No, I'm still waiting for THE mmorpg I'll play for next years, but it won't be this one. 

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Yes, this game is for me.

I played months in Alpha already as i was invited.

Nothing better could happen but it became a bit pointless because its not the real thing.

Now, that launch is around the corner, i cant wait for it to start already.

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708

I've played up to level 20 in various closed betas and, overall, for me, on a Fun Scale (TM) of 5, I'd say it was about 3.5-4.

5 for the combat, graphics, exploration and overall world. Really, really well done.

2-3 for the quests (too simple), crafting (too gated) and game mood (too faked w/ Mirage Island and a tad too childish/bright/luminous).

I'm hearing the funner, more open-ended aspects of the game really kicks in post-level 30 and I've had enough fun so far that l'll likely try it some more upon release.

• ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Yes.  Didn't like it at first (as a F2P person).  Decided to stick it out for a few more hours since I don't like being closed minded. When I got my first glider, it was an ah ha moment.  Couldn't stop thinking about AA between betas and bought a founder's pack. Going to be a fun long term game for me.
  • purposepurpose Member UncommonPosts: 13

Cb3 and cb4 the answer would be no. I did it to myself since I felt rushed to test with the limited time I had. The issue with labor points I had I just ended up afking the whole time so no worries on there and since they didn't punish me for doing so I think thats what I will do. I don't know how bad it will be to do stuff with out a house and thats what I  was trying to get to see. Some people said its horrid with out a house others said it wasn' that big of a deal. You can't skip a quest till you are level 30 or at least  the way I was building you couldn't. Kiting sucks balls at least as what I was playing/ It just didn't feel fluid. I also got the story quest to a point then the green quest stopped. I rewatched the cut scene to see if there were clues on were to go but nothing. So in the end I decide it was pointless and stopped this was the last day of cb4. The issue I had was I wasn't sure if I was not high enough or I had miss it.  Will I play at launch. Sure why it its free to play. I don't lose any money to try it at launch and play it at my leisure. If I stick past a month we shall see

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by bestever
    Yes having a great time. While not perfect, my only grip with the game is the separation of the races. I think they should have had the 4 races neutral at first and then let people pick one of THREE factions to join. Would let cats and elves fight along side one another instead of always enemies. Just my two sense.

Then join a player made faction. It'll let you play with any race. Might not be right out the gate but it can be done.

http://2p.com/769232_1/ArcheAge-to-Allow-Players-Make-Their-Own-Factions.htm

I have seen this before but have not heard about it since this article and that was over a year ago. Has this been implemented in the Korea version yet and if so how is it working out. Will want some answers to this but as of right now, it looks like one of those "wish list" features.

Yup!  It has been working this way for some time in Korea.