Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll to the people who used to play Darkfall 1 or UW

BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Would you return to play Darkfall Unholy Wars if AV implemented a local banking system (with global gold)?  I'm not sure if this subforum will get enough traffic to provide a clear indication though.

If you voted no, please let me know what if anything would bring you back?  I personally believe local banking is the single best thing that AV can change to improve the game that would bring people back.  

Of course, you couldn't just flip a switch and bring in local banking.  You would need to add and adjust many things which I will address below:

1) Local Banking

I believe local banking to be the single greatest thing, if implemented, that would improve Darkfall. It is also probably one of the easiest to implement but will still require some development work to add some things to make local banking shine.

Local banking provides meaningful pvp and promotes local and regional conflict. Forging alliances will require more thought and strategy as you will want to shorten your war supply lines.

Local banking will also help improve the economy. Wouldn't it be cool if you saw that the price for neithal wood was a lot more cheaper in Okrim but way more expensive in Sanguine, so you bought it all up and transported it down to sanguine for a healthy profit? However there is risk to the reward. People know that their is a steady stream of goods is making its way between two points so those areas are littered with brigands. Maybe a guild makes a weekly trek for protection in numbers. Maybe spies inform the enemies. So much intrigue and pvp is spun off this point that I could go on but I hope you can see it.

Things that need to happen to make local banking work:
I) Restrict runestones and shards from working on people that are overburdened. Portal chambers would work as normal.
II) Add pack mules and craftable wagons to allow for the carrying of more weight
III) Roads should provide a speed bonus
IV) Boats should have vast storage cargo holds to allow for large shipments. 
V) As part of local banking, I do not believe a captured city should lose you your bank. A workaround would be that a captured city would have your bank loot automatically transferred to the nearest chaos bank.
VI) Armour and weapons would have their weight increased
VII) Cut down the drop rate on shards and runestones

2) Alignment System

I would push for an alignment system similar to Eve and improve upon the mistakes made upon Darkfalls first iteration of alignment.

You start blue and upon X number of kills (X can be determined by the community) then you go red. When you hit someone you turn grey. You only lose alignment upon gank. If you attack someone you go grey and if you kill one person you are neutral and stay grey. No alignment hit if you are at war with someone and they can be killed anywhere. However, war costs money and there should be an upkeep cost to remain at war with a clan.

If you are blue then you can enter the lone starter city of Sanguine which will naturally be the trade capital . No one can be attacked within the city limits and the few surrounding mobs. The other cities will be neutral cities and you can be attacked but towers will zap the person who hit first and only blue and grey people can enter. Red people will have a few chaos cities and chaos stones enter.

Certain prowess and gold gaining incentives for being blue. No penalties for being red other than city entering restrictions. More details can be discussed with the community at a later point.

3) Sandbox, sandbox, sandbox
I strongly support sandbox features. Give us the tools and let us play. With that in mind I would see if its possible to have housing removed as a lottery item and instead make them craftable. I would like to see them placeable anywhere, but I doubt that would be possible. But at least we could make the housing items inside all craftable. I would also bring back player merchants.

I would not support features that take away from open world pvp and am strongly against adding a pvp arena.

4) Hamlets should have access to all the crafting stations. The downside and danger is there are no walls.

5) Further localization of resources. For some resources, I want only obtainable from one mob location. For example, the Leenspar Golem on Yassam could be the only mob in the gam that will drop leenspar wood, but the leenspar golem on ruby would drop leenspar cloth. I also want some of the easy mobs spawns replaced with harder more profitable spawns. A lot of the mob spawns would need to be reorganized.

Comments

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654

i vote a BIG no..

Company lost of 70% of his own playerbase by threating them like shit over the past 7 years..and they gained some new players

I will not return or give any money again to this retarded company.. Seeing what did they with their investment money.. makes me wonder if this company is not runned by kids instead of grownups

In oder:

- build op playerbase with df1..(150k "boxes" sold )

-  leave it to rot.. due to no knowlegdement of the code ( amateurs)

- create a new game.. while completely destroying the fun aspects of the original game

- invest money into useless things like grafhics and world building/ boring questing system (kill x mob,repeat)

- make a design of UW into another direction ( more casual and themepark wise)

- Then trying to revert things back( talking about waisted resources )

- ban/infract their own customers whoever speaks about the orginal game ( this are people who backed up their game for many many years..)

- start commincation with the remaining "playersbase"  about improvements..

- keep updating the new game because its so "succefull"

I believe if a company like CCP had developed and runned darkfall 1.0 it would have been a success.. But this company simply dont have any qlue how to run and manage a company.. Created a new game without any communication about the features and/or game designs  with the playerbaseis just simply fail.. well AV here is your effect.. UW failed hard..

UW has so many failed game logic designs errors its unbelieveable. A simple market implentation is already hard to ask...

Yes they did implent it.. but destroyed with this implentation the usefullness of vendors in houses.. GG AV..

I could go on on with these kinda examples. but its simply not worth it anymore..

I would give darkfall 1.0 another try if some other people have the power to adjust and manage it.. but AV no thanks.. and still after 2 years of uw.. its still df1 > UW

A couple of weeks i resubbed to the game(eu server) riding around looking for pvp.. i encountered 1 player who was mining.. cities were empty, villages were empty.. population on eu is all time low..Already said it in another thread aswell..the clan i was in had 200 members on the ingame list.. 3 people were online.(primetime)

I am fine if some people still enjoy uw tho.. but im not playing it anymore. i would rather invest money to an company/people who listen and understand what game we want

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

Good use of the un-used towers in the safe cities.  Except the developers are going to be removing them at some point.

Local banking is a bad idea and needs to go the way of the dinosaur.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Badaboom

I) Restrict runestones and shards from working on people that are overburdened. Portal chambers would work as normal.
    II) Add pack mules and craftable wagons to allow for the carrying of more weight
    V) As part of local banking, I do not believe a captured city should lose you your bank. A workaround would be that a captured city would have your bank loot automatically transferred to the nearest chaos bank.

The problem with this is people will simply take more trips with runes and portal shards, rather than risk everything with a slow moving pack mule.

• jimmydatwinjimmydatwin Member UncommonPosts: 68

I have already returned, but 2 of my main issues are no alignment system and no localized banking so in answer to you questions.

1.  Yes, but the economy needs work, I believe the easiest way to do it would be to see a npc who would "transfer the goods you want transported"  into a "deed" that when the deed is banked it turns into the goods.  Let the deed be governed by a "trade" skill that can be leveled to determine how much weight you can transport(maybe 400lbs at 1 skill up to 2000lbs at 100 skill).  Saves introducing caravans or mules(the deed in essence is the caravan) and the deed could still be claimed by pkers.  You could maybe take out insurance on the deed incase you got ganked.  With a Deed in your inventory no runestones, portal chambers or accepting summons and only one deed at a time(to control the weight you are transporting). 

2.  My main issue and your idea is basically the same way I would fix this.

3.  I agree with Sandbox elements, but if you can place a house anywhere I think would wreck the open world some (top spawns/portal chambers would be cluttered),  but I think you should be able to place house in any village.

4.  I agree 100% no reason hamlets shouldn't have all crafting stations even if they are easy to take down.

5.  I agree this would help with the localized banking.  If Veilron Ore/ingots only dropped from certain nodes/mobes in human lands then their would be a huge demand in say the elf lands for them and one could make a decent living farming and transporting them, if they were smart about it and didn't get killed.

All in all some great ideas, and would love to hear what everyone thinks of my local bank "deed" idea.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Could some of the people voting no please explain what, if anything, AV would need to change to bring you back? 

I certainly understand Copperfields pov, however I think AV has been working pretty hard as of late trying to regain the trust of the community.  However, Parepin, could you please explain you wouldn't like to see local banking implemented?  To me, Darkfall seems a perfect fit.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Lustmord
    Originally posted by Badaboom

The problem with this is people will simply take more trips with runes and portal shards, rather than risk everything with a slow moving pack mule.

That would be highly impractical since :

a) gear weight would be dramatically increased.  Allowing you to take one or two extra gear bags. 

b) shard and runestone drop rates would be dramatically decreased.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

There are no alignment system which mean a PK is just another colour, killing players mean nothing, what a joke of a system.

Having no alignment system promote newbie PK:s and that is why i see DF as a game for wannabee PK:s.

In UO you had statloss and that promoted less wannabee PK:s and a few really skilled ones.

A working alignment system is way more important then what OP ask for.

• EtheomEtheom Member UncommonPosts: 64

I voted no because I have already returned.

I have never and will never support local banking.

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I would return if combat animations had improved and if they ever re work economy, added enchanting and the infamous 4. Class lines

beLIEve

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Aragon100

There are no alignment system which mean a PK is just another colour, killing players mean nothing, what a joke of a system.

Having no alignment system promote newbie PK:s and that is why i see DF as a game for wannabee PK:s.

In UO you had statloss and that promoted less wannabee PK:s and a few really skilled ones.

A working alignment system is way more important then what OP ask for.

Territory control needs to superceed any alignment system or it will be broken. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• Game is broken, themeparkized, unfixable because they change the base core that was DFO.
    They change so much things that i don't recognize anymore the original vision of Razorwax, the perfect sandbox (no levels, no classes, no safe zones, race wars, etc...).

To save this game, the only way is to bring back DF1 before the closure (2013 version), fix it, add a skill cap, add prestige classes, improve gameplay, graphic models, UI, and performance.

But we speak about Aventurine, a company that disappear for years after the launch of DF1 and now they ask opinions and suggestions because the game is desert and probably will die without the old playerbase.
    They treat us like shit and now they ask for our "help", the irony. They are a bunch of amateurs that not have any idea how to manage a masterpiece game created by Razorwax, they ruin it completely, a decade of development trashed in some months.

I hope it fails one time for all, and Razorbax developers bring the game back to Norwey and continue the development with their original vision with the help of the playerbase thanks to kickstarter.
    Yes is pretty utopic but at this point dream about it is better that watch painfully how the game is become.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

If your implying that this would somehow bring more people to the game, more risk wont do that, it would have the opposite effect as AV learned in DF.  There is actually still too much risk for this game to be anything but micro niche.

However if this is just a for the hell of it poll then IM sure a few people would return.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

I voted "yes", but it's rather a "maybe". I'm too invested in EVE right now to play other MMO's seriously, specially one like Darkfall. Besides, I never really could get used to the combat system in Darkfall 1, but then again I'm a bit clumsy :P

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    AV is a really bad company...they really don't care about their community.  I know we all get urked and say that about companies and usually it's not true, however, these guys really don't...they've made their money.  Next, the new game is fine...it's the new care bear community that DF tried to cater to.  DF was mean't to be for a niche group, when they tried to go outside of that niche, they lost the true DF players and some other players came in...but it's pretty carebear now.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"