Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you guys miss playing the same MMO for years straight?

1235»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I only miss old games if new games are just crap and so far i have seen a lot of crap flooding this market.Then i see reviews that give these games 7 or 8 /10 and i just lol,i think total bs they are not even worth my time nor could you pay me to play them,that is how bad they are.

Marketing/advertising and sheer boredom will always keep a bad batch of games sounding great or amazing.I am actually stunned that nothing coming out for the last 10 years has been very good only average at best.I know there are a lot of gamer's who don't mind simple linear gaming,i can't stand them and won't play them.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I only miss old games if new games are just crap and so far i have seen a lot of crap flooding this market.Then i see reviews that give these games 7 or 8 /10 and i just lol,i think total bs they are not even worth my time nor could you pay me to play them,that is how bad they are.

Marketing/advertising and sheer boredom will always keep a bad batch of games sounding great or amazing.I am actually stunned that nothing coming out for the last 10 years has been very good only average at best.I know there are a lot of gamer's who don't mind simple linear gaming,i can't stand them and won't play them.

Every-time , and it's amazing how many times I see this SAME verbiage, I LOL and call Bullshit. It's painfully obvious that if approached by a game company to play their game for cash, I guarantee you'd agree without a second thought. So much drama to try and express an opinion. Further, concluding with 'won't play them' basically suggests that your opinion is baseless, since... well... you haven't played them.

On topic; yea, I kinda miss having a single game to fixate on for years. What's changed? Me. 

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

It all depends on the circumstances. I miss playing WoW for all those years, but my kids grew up and it doesn't hold their attention anymore. It isn't as fun for me playing it without them for many reasons. Sure, I could chat with guildmates, but to me it's not the same. So, when they bounce around to other new mmorpgs I usually follow with them. So yes, I do miss it. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836

Of course. I miss the years and thousands of hours I put into Guild Wars 1. Yes, it's still running, but, with no new content or balance updates, the game is essentially a ghost of its former self (and has been a ghost since approximately 1 or 2 years after the initial announcement of Guild Wars 2). 

To return to the game I loved would be to see it in a much sorrier state - and there are no other games which share its incredible design philosophies. I can only optimistically hope (typically to my disappointment) that some new title will capture all or part of what made Guild Wars 1 my favorite game. 

I know how the CoH player feels. Or the Ultima player. Or players of the various other games to die with no real spiritual successor. It's a sad feeling, knowing that there is no place for you in the industry.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by penthe
    I remember when I played WoW for many years straight, feeling like every minute spent in game is an investment. Now I play many different MMos and my characters dont feel like mine, it doesnt feel like home. I cant play games for many years straight anymore I get bored after a few months, am I getting older or just the genre has changed ?

Home? I don't play games for a home. I play them for fun.

No, i don't miss playing the same game (MMO or not) for years straight. I am much happier to have more variety of games to play, and don't have to "waste" my time on only one game.