Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta starts Sep 4th!!

xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

Open Beta starts Sep 4th and headstart starts on the 12th and launch is the 16th!!!!

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

My body is ready.

Europe - The Final Countdown

Joined - July 2004

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    I love that song!!!!!

• KranocKranoc Member Posts: 5
    FINALLY IVE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG
  • Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167
    HELL YEAH!!
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Awesome news! 
    Originally posted by DMKano

Sept 12th preview

ROFL!!!!

Ill be playing from the 4th!!!! Let the land rush begin!!!!! I need a plan. Perhaps i need to find a guild before the official launch and get organized.

• obake90obake90 Member Posts: 60
    I'm going to buy the head start I cant wait the extra 4 days
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

laaaaaaand

Originally posted by Dullahan

laaaaaaand

• Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Ill be playing from the 4th!!!! Let the land rush begin!!!!! I need a plan. Perhaps i need to find a guild before the official launch and get organized.

Open beta doesn't carry over to launch, characters will be wiped before the 12th so don't push too hard in open beta trying to get your land!

Originally posted by alicorn
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

Open beta doesn't carry over to launch, characters will be wiped before the 12th so don't push too hard in open beta trying to get your land!

My main concern is land. Even with Head start it will be a challenge with thousands of players trying to do the same thing at the same time. Game crashes will be almost a certainty. Just want to be able to get my large farm as fast as i can then i can take my time.

• Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Hopefully there are enough servers that all available land won't be gone on the 12th!
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Great. I am looking forward.

The game is nothing great. But its better than sorry MMOs we have available today.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by obake90

I'm not totally sure that's a good idea.  There's things to consider.

1. Most of the people serious about the game and patron status are probably going to be in head start.  That means they're all going to be able to own land, and will probably hold on to it for a long time, meaning if you miss out on the land rush you are royally screwed.

2. Some of them are in zerg guilds who can effectively control an entire server, from castles to trials to just making everyone else miserable, because they're pricks.

3. They've announced that they will be opening additional servers on launch day.  These servers will be a mix of free to play and patrons, and land should be much easier to acquire.

The potential downside is that some of the launch-day servers could become ghost towns as the game progresses, which probably none of the headstart servers will ever have to worry about.

As for me, I haven't decided.  What will probably end up happening is I'll get seriously hooked in open beta and just do head start regardless of the potential problems.

Whatever you do, try to avoid the server that oran'thul goes on.  They've basically ruined an entire server in closed beta and will only be more serious about it come launch.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

So, I can expect to start seeing the game is a miserable fail threads, in October/November?

On a more serious note, I haven't really been anticipating the game but I'll have a look at it when it launches.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by jusomdude

So, I can expect to start seeing the game is a miserable fail threads, in October/November?

On a more serious note, I haven't really been anticipating the game but I'll have a look at it when it launches.

That's why f2p rocks, at least for descent games like AA. I don't think AA is something great but as a f2p i can check it and who knows maybe i can find some fun in the end or even better it surprises me in a positive way.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

1. Most of the people serious about the game and patron status are probably going to be in head start.  That means they're all going to be able to own land, and will probably hold on to it for a long time, meaning if you miss out on the land rush you are royally screwed.

2. Some of them are in zerg guilds who can effectively control an entire server, from castles to trials to just making everyone else miserable, because they're pricks.

3. They've announced that they will be opening additional servers on launch day.  These servers will be a mix of free to play and patrons, and land should be much easier to acquire.

The potential downside is that some of the launch-day servers could become ghost towns as the game progresses, which probably none of the headstart servers will ever have to worry about.

As for me, I haven't decided.  What will probably end up happening is I'll get seriously hooked in open beta and just do head start regardless of the potential problems.

Whatever you do, try to avoid the server that oran'thul goes on.  They've basically ruined an entire server in closed beta and will only be more serious about it come launch.

Trion did NOT announce that they will be opening new servers on launch day (immediately after EA ends). This is false information that has become "truth" because it has been repeated so often in forum posts. If anyone can provide a link to an official Trion forum post or livestream where this "announcement" was made, I'll gladly eat my words.

As with any MMO, if the initial set of launch servers become severely overpopulated, new servers will be opened as required. In the case of AA, "severely overpopulated" status is not reached when all land in the safe zones has been claimed...

Trion did say that all the server names from the CB/OB events will be available at launch. Currently there are 6 NA servers and 4 EU servers. They also said that the AH will be common across groups of 4 servers (originally they said there would be 1 AH for all NA and 1 for all EU servers, but apparently the CB events showed that this caused too much load on a single common AH server).

It is possible that a few extra servers will be added for the Open Beta beta weekend. The server lineup at that point will represent the final launch configuration.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556

OO I am so excited, I hope my character doesn't look like everyone's else's.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Kumapon

OO I am so excited, I hope my character doesn't look like everyone's else's.

O.M.G.

What has been seen cannot be unseen... image

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

If you really do want the land and not pay extra money... just join a server started after the head start(normal release).. or do you believe that their will no new server up at release day? Let the headstart ppl their own server.

Yeap.. another reason to start later on a new made up server to avoid those power and zerg clans

Exactly.

In all honestly.. just because someone plays headstart does not mean the don't leave the game.. There is no real difference.. the main difference might be the player fluctuation(freeloaders) and that at head start servers actually play more patrons.. but even that might be wrong.

Btw. i demand(for all premium games) subsriber only servers, or for ArcheAge patron only server.

• DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398
    great news.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

If you really do want the land and not pay extra money... just join a server started after the head start(normal release).. or do you believe that their will no new server up at release day? Let the headstart ppl their own server.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking of doing.  It's not so much the extra money as it is I actually want some land and I don't want to deal with hardcore crazy zerg guilds, both of which could be potential issues on the headstart servers.

But the other guy mentioned there is no absolute word they will open more servers on regular launch day.  I'll continue to look into it and see if that remains true.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524

Yes, that's what I'm thinking of doing.  It's not so much the extra money as it is I actually want some land and I don't want to deal with hardcore crazy zerg guilds, both of which could be potential issues on the headstart servers.

But the other guy mentioned there is no absolute word they will open more servers on regular launch day.  I'll continue to look into it and see if that remains true.

During CBT 4 in Europe 2 servers out of 4 had queues while the other two where on high. I suppose they will add at least 2 more servers, either for headstart or release.

• rondericronderic Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by Apraxis

Yeap.. another reason to start later on a new made up server to avoid those power and zerg clans

Exactly.

In all honestly.. just because someone plays headstart does not mean the don't leave the game.. There is no real difference.. the main difference might be the player fluctuation(freeloaders) and that at head start servers actually play more patrons.. but even that might be wrong.

Btw. i demand(for all premium games) subsriber only servers, or for ArcheAge patron only server.

1.  They will open up more servers (if needed) in open beta. You can bet your bottom dollar, that there will be more players in open beta as at launch. All those servers will be available at headstart (confirmed by Trion). So imho there will be no need for them to open up new servers on launch day. Headstart players will spread out over all the available servers - which is a good thing for everybody.

2. What is a zerg guild? 50, 100, 500, 1000 players? The server capacilty is well over 50k players. The first russian server had a guild (CHAOS) with over 5000 members on the west continent. Couple of months later they were reduced to more normal size. In Archeage quality > quantity. Personally I wouldnt worry about it.

3. They have NOT announced there will be more servers on launch day. They said if more servers were needed they will add additional servers later (see point 1.).

3a. Servers at the bottom of the list WILL become ghost towns after a few months. This has been proven in Korea, Russia and Japan. Archeage NEEDS a fairly full server to make the game interesting and economically viable for the players. I would advise against picking any server greater than #4 on the list for this reason. Server transfers are not really viable in this game, because of the limits in land ownership. If you transfer later you will not have room to place your assets.

You can please some MMO-players all of the time and you can please all MMO-players some of the time but you can't please all MMO-players all of the time.