Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Neverwinter: D&D&D

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Last week I hopped back into Neverwinter after an extended hiatus. If you want to get up to speed you can read the column here. Even after expressing my discontent for uncleverly disguised daily quests I decided to slog through it for a week and take one for the MMORPG.com community. In some ways I was pleasantly surprised. In others it was worse than I expected.

Read more of Rob Lashley's Neverwinter: D&D&D.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I was wondering what the third D was for. Haha, good one.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

While it's good that now you can use all those green items for something, the bad is that if you don't have one of those new artifacts, they are still crap. And after doing some of the daily instances, where before dropped like 5 blues, i now get like 30 green.

I could simply not pick them up, but even in dungeons my inventory would never fill up. I went so far to pick them up just so i can get rid of identification scrolls when they change it so that the later drop from level 60+ enemies, and i would still amass more and more. Now i got rid of 100+ scrolls in the first two days or so, and stopped identifiying them again.

They should have increased the drop rate for *blue* items, because you can actually do something with that, or make the green ones stackable.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    I was only reading this article to see if Neverwinter was shaping up into something I might want to try, but why in the hell would anyone gate off any of their game behind 180 hours of grinding? It makes no sense. It's such an absurdly large hurdle. 
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    the problem is - neverwinter is no mmo, its a casualish multiplayer game - and thats fine, its fun its great - BUT you cant be kinda casual and than at the same time expect players to sink hours into grinding just to experience all the content...that simply doesnt add up for me...and to be an mmo its just not open world enough... it should rather focus on the group-multiplayer and foundry aspect...maybe even implement a dungeon master mode in the foundry
    its really a shame, cause the core mechanics of the game are fun...well...hoping for eqn
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    I just wish that they'd kept the original vision of the game pre-Perfect World takeover/makeover.  Can't summon enough interest to log back in.  New stuff sounds like a squirrel cage/hamster wheel to me.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Tyr216Tyr216 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by Arglebargle
    I just wish that they'd kept the original vision of the game pre-Perfect World takeover/makeover.  Can't summon enough interest to log back in.  New stuff sounds like a squirrel cage/hamster wheel to me.

Pretty much this. Exactly this.

The game would be great if Perfect World wasnt a thing. How ironic is it that they call themselves Perfect World Entertainment when they are neither perfect nor do they entertain? lol

well one good thing about perfect world i have to say - pre release i bought their stock for about 10d's and sold it half a year later for 20...made me 10 grand so...that is that