Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official forums are out of control

124»

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by remyburke
    If you don't have $15 a month to play a game, maybe you should play less and work harder on your career. Just saying.

Or it could be they work so much that they only have a few hours a week or even a month to play. $15 might be to much to invest in a short amount of time. Not everyone has short work weeks and can spend hours a night putting into a game. :) I have oodles of time to spend on games myself, but if the game isn't worth $15 and there is something better out there, I will invest in that. Also, there are B2P games that are perfect for those with little time for gaming, and when you think about it your time is worth way more than $15.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

The lack of respect for those who have diferent opinions and discuss that ends people ofending each other is nothing new.

Hapeneds everywhere wich is really sad.

In last months, around this forum, i have see ppl ofending "pvp open world crowd" call them psycos, ofending F2P players like they were some really bad disease, ofending PvE crowd saying its their fault why the current games suck, ofending ppl who suport games with money, those who play asian games, those who like to solo, those who like to raid, etc, etc.

Ofensive sentences/posts is like a virus, if mods dont interfear soon enouph, allways get out of control, allways.

Its not a easy time for forum mods.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    If you don't have $15 a month to play a game, maybe you should play less and work harder on your career. Just saying.

Or it could be they work so much that they only have a few hours a week or even a month to play. $15 might be to much to invest in a short amount of time. Not everyone has short work weeks and can spend hours a night putting into a game. :) I have oodles of time to spend on games myself, but if the game isn't worth $15 and there is something better out there, I will invest in that. Also, there are B2P games that are perfect for those with little time for gaming, and when you think about it your time is worth way more than $15.

That might be totally true and legit; but when a game has been announced as f2p with a sub for almost 5 months now, and people (not new people because i see the same names over and over) still keep on complaining on the fact that the game doesn't offer what they think to be the best model on earth; then perhaps either they are trolling or they want you to snap at them.

It's very simple. No language barrier can't make you understand that AA is f2p with a patron system. You can like it or not; but don't expect people to answer you politely once you repeat 100 times that the model is not what you think it should be.

I stopped answering to these people; but there are still some that do.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Typical "freeloader" comments. These people have jobs and are so busy and can't afford 9 bucks a month. Really? That's like 1-2 pints of beer!

Exactly.  Maybe they feel the beer is the worth price but not the game.  I can think of quite a few games that I would rather spend the money on piss beer than waste it on a sub.  It's all about perceived value and right now even Keystone is more worthy of my money than any sub based MMO. 

So the game is worthy of your time, but not your money?

Got it.

No. You don't "got it".  It's not worthy of my time either.  No where did I say it was.

The discussion was talking about paying subscription fees. If the game is not worth your time or money, what would said game being "F2P" solve? ...or did you just want to complain.

I think the point that was being made is that there are many F2P games, but there's no free beer.

Logically then, ALL games need to be F2P, otherwise it will reduce the player's monthly beer supply.

This is the underlying logic that supports many pro-F2P arguments. It's not that people can't afford a monthly game sub, it's just that being "forced" to spend that money on a sub means less pizza, taco, dorito's and... beer !

Originally posted by An4thor
    Originally posted by Amjoco

That might be totally true and legit; but when a game has been announced as f2p with a sub for almost 5 months now, and people (not new people because i see the same names over and over) still keep on complaining on the fact that the game doesn't offer what they think to be the best model on earth; then perhaps either they are trolling or they want you to snap at them.

It's very simple. No language barrier can't make you understand that AA is f2p with a patron system. You can like it or not; but don't expect people to answer you politely once you repeat 100 times that the model is not what you think it should be.

I stopped answering to these people; but there are still some that do.

I agree with what you say, but just because it has been announced for months doesn't make it a good thing. Maybe the squeaky wheel will get the oil. /shrug

I understand what you are saying about complaining here over and over about it, it doesn't do any good. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Typical "freeloader" comments. These people have jobs and are so busy and can't afford 9 bucks a month. Really? That's like 1-2 pints of beer!

Exactly.  Maybe they feel the beer is the worth price but not the game.  I can think of quite a few games that I would rather spend the money on piss beer than waste it on a sub.  It's all about perceived value and right now even Keystone is more worthy of my money than any sub based MMO. 

Got it.

No. You don't "got it".  It's not worthy of my time either.  No where did I say it was.

The discussion was talking about paying subscription fees. If the game is not worth your time or money, what would said game being "F2P" solve? ...or did you just want to complain.

And my first response in this thread to begin with was about the idea of paying subscription fees and how I dont feel any MMO is currently worth a sub.  Your response to me was about how this particular game, AA, and how I'm willing to play it, but not pay for it.  No where did I say I was playing this game and you are trying to put 2 + 2 together but you are coming up with 5.

I actually find the game interesting, but so far not the community based on some of the responses I'm personally getting.  I wasn't complaining about AA's payment model. I don't even know what it is.  I was simply chiming on my opinion of subs with current games.  Not the same as wanting to play nothing but f2p games. 

It's like not wanting to drink Coke becuase I feel it's not worth it due to it being sweetened with High Fructose Corn Syrup.  I wont waste my money on it unless it is sweetened with Sugar instead.  Does this make more sense?

And what Spottygekko said

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Got it.

And my first response in this thread to begin with was about the idea of paying subscription fees and how I dont feel any MMO is currently worth a sub.  Your response to me was about how this particular game, AA, and how I'm willing to play it, but not pay for it.  No where did I say I was playing this game and you are trying to put 2 + 2 together but you are coming up with 5.

I actually find the game interesting, but so far not the community based on some of the responses I'm personally getting.  I wasn't complaining about AA's payment model. I don't even know what it is.  I was simply chiming on my opinion of subs with current games.  Not the same as wanting to play nothing but f2p games. 

It's like not wanting to drink Coke becuase I feel it's not worth it due to it being sweetened with High Fructose Corn Syrup.  I wont waste my money on it unless it is sweetened with Sugar instead.  Does this make more sense?

If a game (any game) is worth your time to play it, it should be worth spending money on. If a game is not worth spending money on, it should not be worth your time to play. There should be no game in existance being worth your time, but not your money.

That is all.

Got it.

If a game (any game) is worth your time to play it, it should be worth spending money on. If a game is not worth spending money on, it should not be worth your time to play. There should be no game in existance being worth your time, but not your money.

That is all.

IMHO It is more than about money, as I said earlier in a previous post, it is also about time. If I have the time to spend $15, I want it on a game that is worth it, or I will spend it on another game. In a lot of cases it isn't just about the money, but the subscription itself (at least with me). Once I pay for it I feel committed to playing or I feel cheated. When I'm pressured I don't want to play as much unless the game is really worth it.

But, in most cases you are right, just don't pay if you don't want to play. This is a good idea unless everyone doesn't want to play, and the game just fails.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Karble
    If I were the company I would have global chat and shouts limited to subscribers.

If i were to put down $50 in microtransactions, What gives you more rights to post than I?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• jdizzle2k13jdizzle2k13 Member UncommonPosts: 251

As usual, this topic has degraded into the typical anti-f2p and "if you don't put money into the game you shouldn't be playing it" debates.

Stay classy, MMORPG.com forum dwellers.  image

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Karble

If I were the company I would have global chat and shouts limited to subscribers.

If i were to put down $50 in microtransactions, What gives you more rights to post than I?

Not a thing as long as the company can ban your account and ip address and delete the account with the microtransactions ...you would be welcome to post as you want

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

And to think this all started because someone noticed how vile some other forum was... 

Now it's turned into another war over F2P versus subscription... not like there hasn't been like a hundred other such threads here already on the topic... and there will be many many more.  Just merely mention the word and it's pitch fork time.

Carry on...