Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Say what you want about Kickstarter and CU, City State is a class act company!

sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788

Even there recent news letter is full of fun, budding with game information, lore, and community praise. These ladies and gents know how to make a very fun, lighthearted atmosphere to surround there game with, and I only hope their positivity leaks out into more of the MMO world. 

I honestly dont care whether the game is a success or failure, to me they have already one by showing off some of the most pleasant and uplifting community management in an upcoming MMO.

http://camelotunchained.com/en/afternoon-update-thursday-august-21st-2014/

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I've never seen anyone say anything bad about the game other than the normal lack of faith in a KS. I saw lots of bad things being said when the fans were being douche bags spamming the forums begging for money....but you can't blame the devs for that really.
  • SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861

Completely agreed. The way they interact with backers is pure gold, and the speculative journey toward release has already been more fun than I have had with some AAA games.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    None of the crowdsource-funded big-budget and high-production-value games have been released yet.  Low-budget games have been released with major disappointment.  Most of them have released as "early access" titles and never finish production or slow development to a snail's pace.  Until I see how Camelot Unchained and Star Citizen do, I won't be putting faith in that funding system. 
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by syntax42
    None of the crowdsource-funded big-budget and high-production-value games have been released yet.  Low-budget games have been released with major disappointment.  Most of them have released as "early access" titles and never finish production or slow development to a snail's pace.  Until I see how Camelot Unchained and Star Citizen do, I won't be putting faith in that funding system. 

Well that isnt further from the truth then one can get. What about divinity orginal sin, that is a huge success with all and more of the features they promised, and almost every one is happy with the game. Of course you can never get every one happy with the game, but enough for that kick started game to be a huge success.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

This game is only partially crowd funded. 2 million is from MJ himself. I've heard possibly 1 million from another private source but could be wrong. Crowd funding is approaching 3 million as well.

The game will launch with a budget far exceeding that of Daoc.

You stay sassy!