Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Skyforge: Everything About It Is Beautiful

2»

Comments

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    If you want to see Skyforge in action, here's a video from Gamescom: http://youtu.be/1h2kzU4DqMk?t=13m15s
    It is not a lobby game.  It seems to be a mix of open-world persistent zones and instances.  The travel system is like GW2's waypoints, which i think confused people into thinking it's a lobby game.  Here's a video on it.  http://youtu.be/1h2kzU4DqMk?t=4m13s

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by observer
    It is not a lobby game.  The open-world is seamless, and only certain dungeons, and other areas i think, are instanced.

So what is Divine Observatory if not a lobby?

I edited my post, but i wouldn't consider the Divine Observatory a lobby.  There isn't any instance with other people where you can interact with them (from what i've seen in that video anyway).  He even explains there isn't any chat rooms.  The Divine Observatory seems to be just an interface, such as a World Map that many MMOs have.  If i could compare it to anything, i would say it's like Swtor's map system on their ships.  I have no idea where the avatar is though when the Divine Observatory is up.

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    It is not a lobby game.  The open-world is seamless, and only certain dungeons, and other areas i think, are instanced.

So what is Divine Observatory if not a lobby?

The Divine Observatory is a mix between a waypoint system and a dungeon finder.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Waytugo
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Allods Team = Run away as fast as you can.

Please explain as I am unfamiliar. 

If you check on Allods there game you see how much of it is cash shop only, in many ways it's pay to win. like buying runes can end up costing you 20 to 30K just to keep up the fully with the game, as well there combat mount about every 5 months they add even faster mount and better for combat then befor as the mount can end up costing you way over $200 each time from a lockbox,  and some other items need to pay. But if you want to see how the allods team is download there game and see how far you get with out needed to pay for something.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    If you want to see Skyforge in action, here's a video from Gamescom: http://youtu.be/1h2kzU4DqMk?t=13m15s

Ewww. Thanks for the link. I'll stay away from this one.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by Samhael

Ewww. Thanks for the link. I'll stay away from this one.

I prefer this game play over static dungeons.  Dungeons nowadays are nothing more than fast paced, rush to the boss, damn the torpedoes, endeavors anyway.  Completing dungeons are no longer a social experience.  One can barely blink or they will be left behind by the min-maxing mentality of gamers and dungeons nowadays. 

• gw2foolgw2fool Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Originally posted by Bakkoda24

gPotato = Run away as fast as you can.*

*FTFY.

Yep, stay away from this mob folks!

• GoutSmasherLivesGoutSmasherLives Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by gw2fool

*FTFY.

That's gPotato / Mail.ru, right? Allods was a total milking cow which never delivered on its promised features. It did look great but damn, it required you to spend just to finish quests!

• gw2foolgw2fool Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Originally posted by GoutSmasherLives

*FTFY.

That's gPotato / Mail.ru, right? Allods was a total milking cow which never delivered on its promised features. It did look great but damn, it required you to spend just to finish quests!

Yep, that's them!!!

• derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Well I'm in. Those environments are gorgeous and the combat looks like a lot of fun!

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

*FTFY.

Mail.ru owns Allods now and they are doing well at repairing the damage gPotato did. gPotato was owned by Gala Inc at the time of their owning Allods Online.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

*FTFY.

Mail.ru owns Allods now and they are doing well at repairing the damage gPotato did. gPotato was owned by Gala Inc at the time of their owning Allods Online.

Please explain because the pay model in Allods is still the exact same model that everyone disliked.

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    so russian devs making asian graphics? oh nice :(
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

My initial thoughts are that it'll be just like every other friggin' F2P MMO out there.  Which isn't really a good thing.

....that said, it does get brownie points for making its Cryomancers surf on ice when they dash.  And that snowball move.

So I guess it'll be like every other F2P but at least be rather stylin'.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

*FTFY.

I have played when it was under gpotato then under webzen then now under mail.ru when I quit short after that as seeing allods team was pulling all the lines even people thinking it was gpotato doing not saying they didn't do anything wrong they as bad as allod team, but as for the allods team is not repairing the game push for more cash shop then game play, but just any pay to win game they just adding more item for cash shop then making the game more grindy then befor just to use the cash shop more to keep up with forced pvp or any type raiding.

Really does suck with my $20 a month I was putting in the game after close 3 years end up with level 8 runes a few items not all the time from cash shop, and still when try to get gear to upgrade so you have some gear for pvp or get a item to upgrade faster if your not in a big guild making the top 5 ranks the just run you over all the time and if your not a big spender they will just murder you in pvp, even in pve no fair blance.

Just come down to it, seeing how they doing with allods mind you this as there not changing how they look at people other then big wallets, they doing do the same with skyforge they just suck people in first what they did with allods then drop in all the pay to win items try to hook you to keep on spending.

But I don't mind a mmo making money free2play or sub, I don't mind people spending alot money to get things but when it's make your overpowered and there's no way to catch up in a time frame befor a gear reset or and a power upgrade, you can play 24/7 but never can catch up to the players the spend more.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Perhaps I'm being overeager by comparing this one to Guild Wars 1 (the best game ever made), but yeah.... I've got some high hopes for Skyforge.
  • OfficialSkyforgeOfficialSkyforge Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by SirBalin
    Okay...well done...I like it...going to dl this one.

As Skyforge has not yet been released, you can't download it just yet, however the closed beta will start this year in Q4, so make sure you sign up over at Skyforge.com!

• OfficialSkyforgeOfficialSkyforge Member Posts: 8
    SkyForge might be a decent action game, MMORPG it is not however.

While at first glance it might more look like an action game due to the combat system, Skyforge definitely is an MMORPG. While we took our unique spin at the MMO-Genre, there are still many core mechanics that MMO enthusiasts hold dear, such as large explorable zones,  developing your character, grouping up for dungeons, PvP and many others! For more information on Skyforge, feel free to visit Skyforge.com and sign up for your chance at getting into this years closed beta in Q4!

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by SirBalin
    Okay...well done...I like it...going to dl this one.

It's an auto targeting crap of a game. I can't remember what videos I saw but go do some Google research and explore their forums. This game is nothing to write home about.

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158

LOL auto tab targeting!!! not interested anymore

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

So does the class system allow to hybridize your character? Takin skills/ passives from multiple classes? If not I will be sad.

This looks like a cool video game, but like someone else said it seems to be like a "lobby game". That's okay...for a F2P. I understand it's better for gaining the casual players (never much liked fast travel). I'll probably pick it up when it launches given how gorgeous it and the controls look.