Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Realm Dead?? - please say no... - Update... Maybe Not Dead

This is an old game from my past, and I thought it'd be a good one to start the kids on.  So, I dug around, and one can still download it.  Problem is, their "7-day trial" and all subscription pages go to a dead link on realmserver.com "https://secure.realmserver.com/cgi-bin/subscribe.exe"  I've got it downloaded and it's patching,but no way to sign up.

Am I hosed, or is there still something out there from this old favorite?

Comments

• klikster01klikster01 Member Posts: 3
    I'm encountering the same problem.
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
  • klikster01klikster01 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for getting that information, Mithrandolir!!
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

This game had a pretty good run.  I'd hate to see it go.

I loved it for a long time.  I'll never forget beta testing it.  There was nothing really to do before they added combat except camp this one chest in the woods that would spawn golden pants a couple times a day.

That and scam people saying you had golden pants and taking their money without giving up the pants.

There was like no content, yet we all logged in faithfully and had fun with one another.  At the time it was such an amazing game.

Good times.

• User0192User0192 Member UncommonPosts: 6

I played the 7 day trial 2 months ago and everything was fine, aside from the manage account page taking forever to load. I cant sign in but i can boot up the game and see that the server has 25 people on it at 11 PM EST, which was normal when i tried it.

• JennaGoodwinJennaGoodwin Member Posts: 1
    Dang I was just wondering the same thing... I used to play when it was the beta version all the way until about 10 years ago. I wanted to start playing again
  • indytechnerdindytechnerd Member Posts: 2
    So just for kicks, I tried to sign up again.  No issues whatsoever, website worked quickly and I got my login in no time.  Downloaded the client and was able to log right in.  Now to remember how to play.
  • PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

We have a facebook group for The Realm Online and there are usually 100-150 players online, but we have decided to stop subbing to try and get Norseman to either give up the game or start paying attention to it and make some changes. There is also a guy working on an Emulator, but he is doing it by himself so it could take some time.

This game would do phenomenal as a free2play game. It is so addicting and so much fun with one of the best communities I have experience in the MMO genre. Here's to hoping we see some changes coming soon with The Realm Online. There is no doubt in my mind this game could get back to it's glory days and have 2000+ players again.

• officeapeofficeape Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I'd play a F2P version of The Realm. The community was always fantastic. I've got some old Alpha and Beta screenshots, but they're on ZIP disks. I *did* manage to score a ZIP drive, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get it to work.
  • SizzlackSizzlack Member Posts: 1

Is the faceboo group a closed group? I tried searching for it but couldn't find it.

I really hope the private server thing happens, or Norseman finally wakes up and makes the game F2P. That'd be amazing, I have so many memories of this game.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    The game is now free thanks to a guy who created a private server. Look it up on reddit.
  • WernerRealmWernerRealm Member CommonPosts: 7
    edited May 2018
    Sad state of affairs 
    Post edited by WernerRealm on