Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TRION Security Breach

HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

I'd be careful, pretty sure TRION has been compromised a bit and they aren't saying anything. Alpha forums are littered with posts about accounts being hijacked, mine has been compromised as well - even with the authenticator on it. People are getting purchases on their default payment saved in Glyph, response time from TRION has been weeks without a response. Once you're banned you're banned from Live Chat (some have had success using friends to talk for them).

Anyways, point of this post is just be careful with your default payment method with TRION/Glyph.

Comments

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Heretique

I'd be careful, pretty sure TRION has been compromised a bit and they aren't saying anything. Alpha forums are littered with posts about accounts being hijacked, mine has been compromised as well - even with the authenticator on it. People are getting purchases on their default payment saved in Glyph, response time from TRION has been weeks without a response. Once you're banned you're banned from Live Chat (some have had success using friends to talk for them).

Anyways, point of this post is just be careful with your default payment method with TRION/Glyph.

If there isn't a security breach does that mean you could get sued ? I mean the Alpha forums are just littered with post about accounts being Hijacked !!

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Just checked the Alpha forums, I don't see them filled with "Hacked" posts. There are a few in the support forums, but nothing more than I've seen in other games. Am I missing something here or are they deleting the threads? No really .. there are three or four "hacked" posts ... those are only in the support section. If Trion had a security breach and users accounts had been stolen, I'm willing to wager the general discussion would be over run with upset customers.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    If they get hacked you would know. There is a very normal amount of posts about getting hacked. Is there a point in you trying to start this witchhunt for trion?
  • BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Heretique

First three pages of posts in the alpha forums Zero posts about this.

Good thing people can't get in trouble for the things they say in forums.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Just because accounts get hacked doesn't mean it's coming through TRION. how many accounts have wow had hacked and as far as I know they've never been compromised to the extent that would explain those numbers.

All these people that are 1000% sure they have no issues on their computer and never go to any site that would get them hacked....are full of shit and have no idea who or what has access to their computer.....just like the rest of us.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Redemp

Just checked the Alpha forums, I don't see them filled with "Hacked" posts. There are a few in the support forums, but nothing more than I've seen in other games. Am I missing something here or are they deleting the threads? No really .. there are three or four "hacked" posts ... those are only in the support section. If Trion had a security breach and users accounts had been stolen, I'm willing to wager the general discussion would be over run with upset customers.

Yes, we do need some kind of number to take this seriously, if there is just a few that is to be expected, hundreds wouldn't be good but no disaster while thousands would be really bad news.

Some people will get their computers hijacked or answer phising letters so a few people will always get hacked accounts in any new MMO, even the smaller ones. And the really important thing here is that Trion takes any issues seriously, if for some reason their game would be easy to hijack then they need to fix it ASAP.

But so far doesn't it look that bad unless you people have other information. Archeages success or failure will have more to do if the game is fun enough to keep playing, if it can attract western players and if the client and engine is stable enough or not.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Now I know why it says "Most of my posts are deleted" in your forum avatar.  
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I did get compromised and banned recently, which I found extremely odd as I have never gotten compromised in all my years of MMO gaming. Oh well, thankfully Trion was able to give me access back though it took a few days as I too couldn't use the live chat and had to email.

I really wish they had telephone support for times like this. I can get the reason/desire to remove phone support but it just makes me 100 times happier as a consumer to get someone on the phone.

At the very least I hope they open up live chat support for banned customers. Especially if they have an open support ticket created by Trion after the temporary ban.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

• chocolate-mousechocolate-mouse Member UncommonPosts: 73

It is apparently across Trion accounts . Much larger thread on the Rift forums. I double checked to be sure that all my payment info was deleted, including paypal pre-approved payments. Good thing I did because Trion was still authorized through paypal.

• KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by chocolate-mouse

It is apparently across Trion accounts . Much larger thread on the Rift forums. I double checked to be sure that all my payment info was deleted, including paypal pre-approved payments. Good thing I did because Trion was still authorized through paypal.

When a merchant asks for authorization on your paypal account they can charge any amount any time they want because they are pre-approved. They can also set up a monthly plan whenever they feel like it.

----

I know how this works because i programmed with the paypal API and i have implemented many shops using it. It is always a red flag for me when a merchant does this as it is basically like handing them unlimited signed but blank checks.

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

I got 2 back to back emails yesterday with the same message.

Greetings from Trion Worlds:

There was an error in processing your order, XXXX. You have not been charged by Trion Worlds for the following items: 

GIFT: ARCHEUM FOUNDER'S PACK

Date of order: August 21, 2014, 2:53:04 PM (UTC) 

Please verify your payment method and re-try your purchase using Trion Worlds Account Management. Simply click the link below or paste it into your browser to get started: 

http://rift.trionworlds.com/account/account-summary.action 

If you continue to experience difficulties or have any other questions or concerns, please visit our Support Center: https://support.trionworlds.com 

We regret any inconvenience this has caused and hope to see you playing soon! 

Sincerely, 
    Trion Worlds Account Services 

Clearly something is up.

I logged into my account and removed my only payment method on there, (PayPal) and confirmed with PayPal that nothing was charged. 

But ya, 2 of those emails back to back.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by Abdar

I got 2 back to back emails yesterday with the same message.

Greetings from Trion Worlds:

There was an error in processing your order, XXXX. You have not been charged by Trion Worlds for the following items: 

GIFT: ARCHEUM FOUNDER'S PACK

Date of order: August 21, 2014, 2:53:04 PM (UTC) 

Please verify your payment method and re-try your purchase using Trion Worlds Account Management. Simply click the link below or paste it into your browser to get started: 

http://rift.trionworlds.com/account/account-summary.action 

If you continue to experience difficulties or have any other questions or concerns, please visit our Support Center: https://support.trionworlds.com 

We regret any inconvenience this has caused and hope to see you playing soon! 

Sincerely, 
    Trion Worlds Account Services 

Clearly something is up.

I logged into my account and removed my only payment method on there, (PayPal) and confirmed with PayPal that nothing was charged. 

But ya, 2 of those emails back to back.

Maybe you should do a sweap of your computer and change all passwords aswell since your clearly in the Hacked R Us group now mate

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626