Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning Player - Questions - **Mature replies only, no bile please**

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

*************DO NOT REPLY WITH BILE FILLED REPLIES, Just read and answer if you can, and try to limit the sarcasm towards me.  You can be sarcastic about the game or something funny, but don't make fun of me, whether directly or passive aggressively please guys.  (I've been on these forums a long time, so I know how the peanut gallery comments roll in)

Background

I played for the first 2 months then unsubscribed, so my knowledge is from then.  I loved the graphics, loved the UI, didn't like the group finder, but liked the sound, classes, except for the below questions that led me to unsubscribe.  Please let me know the answer to the below if you can!  Thanks!

Questions

1.  Is Marauder still not as good as the Gladiator in PvE? (keep in mind, at the time I played, Marauders were considered a bit more squishy then Gladiators and couldnt take quite the beating Gladiators could, SOME ppl said broken, but I'm not saying that) (you can say it depends on the situation etc etc but at release, I was almost fully twinked out after a month and couldn't tank/survive as well as my lower geared gladiator friend (same bosses too, you know how you swap out when one another dies on bosses etc)

2.  At the time, ppl just humped those live events things all the way from level 1 to the level cap.  They just camped in town, waiting for the next live event to pop and just repeated that nonstop.  So its like 100 guys waiting in town, running to the event, hitting it once or twice then dashing to the next event over and over till level cap.  Is this still the case?

3.  When I played, in order to get the best dungeon gear, you had to run a 2 hour dungeon like 180-200 times in order to get enough tokens to buy all the high level gear  (I did the calculation at the time, so don't say I was wrong then)  Is it still roughly the case?  (i'm not saying its a grinder now, but the first two months it was)

4.  I only have like 2-4 hours a day to game nowadays, so I didn't want to spend my whole night playing just so I could earn 6 tokens trying to buy 6 pieces of gear at 80 tokens a piece or w/e.  is that still the case?

And don't tell me to go post somewhere else etc and get out of here and blah blah or "why don't you go blah blah somewhere else"  I just want a measured reply from a mature gamer.  Thanks!

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Comments

• JuzaaJuzaa Member UncommonPosts: 31

1. No. Marauders are just as viable tanks as gladiator. I rolled WAR myself couple weeks back and it's my favourite class by far.

2. More or less. Most efficient way for leveling is dungeoning. FATE:s are a nice change every now and then.

3. No. Every high end dungeon gives 100 tokens (tomestones of mythology) and last for about 20-30mins. The most expensive piece of gear is 825 tokens.

4. Getting a decent set of gear is very easy these days. You can do hunts ( new feature in 2.3) to get the lvl 90 set in a matter of hours.

All in all, it's a great game and by far the best there is available right now. I warmly recommend resubbing. New content is beign added regulary and the high end raiding is very challenging. (Extreme trials, second coil of bahamut.)

Hope this helps!

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by time007

snip

Questions

1.  Is Marauder still not as good as the Gladiator in PvE? (keep in mind, at the time I played, Marauders were considered a bit more squishy then Gladiators and couldnt take quite the beating Gladiators could, SOME ppl said broken, but I'm not saying that) (you can say it depends on the situation etc etc but at release, I was almost fully twinked out after a month and couldn't tank/survive as well as my lower geared gladiator friend (same bosses too, you know how you swap out when one another dies on bosses etc)

Nope! Within a small margin of error (like .03% or something ridiculously small), they are the same. Marauders take normal damage but have a higher max hp and more healing received. Paladins just take a flat reduced damage. It works out that they have the exact same eHP.

2.  At the time, ppl just humped those live events things all the way from level 1 to the level cap.  They just camped in town, waiting for the next live event to pop and just repeated that nonstop.  So its like 100 guys waiting in town, running to the event, hitting it once or twice then dashing to the next event over and over till level cap.  Is this still the case?

People actually do dungeons more often now since they buffed dungeons a bit. People still do FATE groups a lot though because it's less of a hassle and requires less concentration. (Plus you can level your chocobo)

3.  When I played, in order to get the best dungeon gear, you had to run a 2 hour dungeon like 180-200 times in order to get enough tokens to buy all the high level gear  (I did the calculation at the time, so don't say I was wrong then)  Is it still roughly the case?  (i'm not saying its a grinder now, but the first two months it was)

The "Hunt" system has made its way into the game and you can use current gained from killing hunt targets to buy gear.  CT1 (The first Crystal Tower dungeon that you might be used to) doesn't have the "1 item per week" limit on it anymore. Run it to your heart's content!

4.  I only have like 2-4 hours a day to game nowadays, so I didn't want to spend my whole night playing just so I could earn 6 tokens trying to buy 6 pieces of gear at 80 tokens a piece or w/e.  is that still the case?

With all the things that are in the game now, you could do a quick 1-hour run of CT1, or the new Crystal Tower dungeon (ilvl 100, once per week). Hunts allow you to get decent ilvl 90 gear.  Plus philosophy tomes no longer exist and mythology no longer has a cap.

Add in Chocobo Raising, being able to level retainers and send them on missions to mine, hunt, etc., new dungeons, new raids... you get a lot to do and they don't all take up your whole night.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by Kamikazego

snip   Questions 1.  Is Marauder still not as good as the Gladiator in PvE? (keep in mind, at the time I played, Marauders were considered a bit more squishy then Gladiators and couldnt take quite the beating Gladiators could, SOME ppl said broken, but I'm not saying that) (you can say it depends on the situation etc etc but at release, I was almost fully twinked out after a month and couldn't tank/survive as well as my lower geared gladiator friend (same bosses too, you know how you swap out when one another dies on bosses etc)  Nope! Within a small margin of error (like .03% or something ridiculously small), they are the same. Marauders take normal damage but have a higher max hp and more healing received. Paladins just take a flat reduced damage. It works out that they have the exact same eHP. 2.  At the time, ppl just humped those live events things all the way from level 1 to the level cap.  They just camped in town, waiting for the next live event to pop and just repeated that nonstop.  So its like 100 guys waiting in town, running to the event, hitting it once or twice then dashing to the next event over and over till level cap.  Is this still the case?  People actually do dungeons more often now since they buffed dungeons a bit. People still do FATE groups a lot though because it's less of a hassle and requires less concentration. (Plus you can level your chocobo) 3.  When I played, in order to get the best dungeon gear, you had to run a 2 hour dungeon like 180-200 times in order to get enough tokens to buy all the high level gear  (I did the calculation at the time, so don't say I was wrong then)  Is it still roughly the case?  (i'm not saying its a grinder now, but the first two months it was)  The "Hunt" system has made its way into the game and you can use current gained from killing hunt targets to buy gear.  CT1 (The first Crystal Tower dungeon that you might be used to) doesn't have the "1 item per week" limit on it anymore. Run it to your heart's content! 4.  I only have like 2-4 hours a day to game nowadays, so I didn't want to spend my whole night playing just so I could earn 6 tokens trying to buy 6 pieces of gear at 80 tokens a piece or w/e.  is that still the case? With all the things that are in the game now, you could do a quick 1-hour run of CT1, or the new Crystal Tower dungeon (ilvl 100, once per week). Hunts allow you to get decent ilvl 90 gear.  Plus philosophy tomes no longer exist and mythology no longer has a cap.

Add in Chocobo Raising, being able to level retainers and send them on missions to mine, hunt, etc., new dungeons, new raids... you get a lot to do and they don't all take up your whole night.

^ this guy gives the most accurate information of the game's current state. Also 2.35 is tomorrow, so good time to start I suppose.
  • gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Your questions are irrelevant if you are trying to figure out if you will like the game or not.

You complain about having to grind for gear to get end level items but at the same time you say you only have 2-4 hrs to play or not. You can get end game items in two ways: grind lots of easy/casual content, or find a hardcore guild to run extremely hard dungeons and hope for a drop(bahamut coil part 2). Regardless, if this the only interesting part of mmorpgs for you, this game is not for you. You did not mention an interest at all in any of the peripheral parts of the game like housing, gardening, or craft which is comprises more than 50% of the appeal. This game is a hardcore mmoRPG, meaning that it is targeted to people who are more interested in the community part of mmorpg rather than just killing monsters all day long. I will not lie to you, if you do not like your FC or have no interest in making friends you will probably end up quitting again at some point. The saving grace is that FFXIV players are extremely friendly compared to other communities so its not impossible to find people you can get along with and make you gaming experience extremely enjoyable.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• FranconsteinFranconstein Member UncommonPosts: 99

1) This is subjective. I believe all classes are good.

2) No.

3) It's even worse now.

4) See above.

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Ernest Hemingway

• your post don't make any sense man
  • ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354

I will leave those few links to let you catch up:

this explains what you get on each level, but it exclude the class/job specific quests:

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

this explains what you can do once you hit 50:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2a8mmn/so_you_just_hit_level_50_in_patch_23/

and finally this sums up all the updates from release:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/28vn5j/what_did_i_miss_patch_notes_universal_summary/

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Originally posted by gessekai332
    Your questions are irrelevant if you are trying to figure out if you will like the game or not.

You complain about having to grind for gear to get end level items but at the same time you say you only have 2-4 hrs to play or not. You can get end game items in two ways: grind lots of easy/casual content, or find a hardcore guild to run extremely hard dungeons and hope for a drop(bahamut coil part 2). Regardless, if this the only interesting part of mmorpgs for you, this game is not for you. You did not mention an interest at all in any of the peripheral parts of the game like housing, gardening, or craft which is comprises more than 50% of the appeal. This game is a hardcore mmoRPG, meaning that it is targeted to people who are more interested in the community part of mmorpg rather than just killing monsters all day long. I will not lie to you, if you do not like your FC or have no interest in making friends you will probably end up quitting again at some point. The saving grace is that FFXIV players are extremely friendly compared to other communities so its not impossible to find people you can get along with and make you gaming experience extremely enjoyable.

How are my questions irrelevant to if I will like the game???  I should have included no bile AND replies that don't answer the questions or attempt to.  Not an out of the box analysis of your view if the questions are irrelavent.  If I wanted to know if you thought my questions were relevant, I would have asked an additional questions "hey guys do you think my questions are relevant?  Since I didn't no need to write this. 

I was asking if a Marauders have gotten any loving basically (I rephrased it for you since you couldn't understand the way I phrased it.  That's like the first question I asked that is relevant.  So instead of trying to be "clever" or answer "indirectly just to be different", either answer the questions or shup up basically. 

I appreciate everyone that tried to answer, thanks for the feedback.  We only had one crappy reply which is this guys, but everything else reflects the type of friendly fanbase I started with. 

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

How are my questions irrelevant to if I will like the game???  I should have included no bile AND replies that don't answer the questions or attempt to.  Not an out of the box analysis of your view if the questions are irrelavent.  If I wanted to know if you thought my questions were relevant, I would have asked an additional questions "hey guys do you think my questions are relevant?  Since I didn't no need to write this. 

I was asking if a Marauders have gotten any loving basically (I rephrased it for you since you couldn't understand the way I phrased it.  That's like the first question I asked that is relevant.  So instead of trying to be "clever" or answer "indirectly just to be different", either answer the questions or shup up basically. 

I appreciate everyone that tried to answer, thanks for the feedback.  We only had one crappy reply which is this guys, but everything else reflects the type of friendly fanbase I started with. 

No problem. Hope you enjoy the game again mate.

if you actually took the time to read my post and not just get offended by the first sentence then you would realize that my answer is actually well thought out  and was meant to give you a realistic view of the game that your questions didnt cover. Its naive to think that a player who hasn't played the game since launch would know exactly what questions to ask that would give him a complete understanding of what the game has evolved into over the course of a year and what kind of players the developers are constantly trying to cater to with every patch and what kind of players they care less about. In addition to this, it seems like your questions are indirectly trying to ask a larger underlying question ( e.g. "How bad is the grind?"). if you just said that in the first place it would be more open ended and you would get really detailed and informative answers. i wasnt trying to be "clever," I was trying to give you some insight that most other fanbois are not going to give you but is what actually forces people to stay or quit after some time. I was just trying to help save you some money and future "blahblah i hate square enix this game is just a grind, it wasnt what i expected." But whatever, if thats all you can take from it, then so be it. 

just for the record, these guys arent being completely honest about the nature of the grind of the game. ask them about atmas, BC2,  or what it takes to craft a 3 star item, and its a whole different song and dance.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

if you actually took the time to read my post and not just get offended by the first sentence then you would realize that my answer is actually well thought out  and was meant to give you a realistic view of the game that your questions didnt cover. Its naive to think that a player who hasn't played the game since launch would know exactly what questions to ask that would give him a complete understanding of what the game has evolved into over the course of a year and what kind of players the developers are constantly trying to cater to with every patch and what kind of players they care less about. In addition to this, it seems like your questions are indirectly trying to ask a larger underlying question ( e.g. "How bad is the grind?"). if you just said that in the first place it would be more open ended and you would get really detailed and informative answers. i wasnt trying to be "clever," I was trying to give you some insight that most other fanbois are not going to give you but is what actually forces people to stay or quit after some time. I was just trying to help save you some money and future "blahblah i hate square enix this game is just a grind, it wasnt what i expected." But whatever, if thats all you can take from it, then so be it. 

just for the record, these guys arent being completely honest about the nature of the grind of the game. ask them about atmas, BC2,  or what it takes to craft a 3 star item, and its a whole different song and dance.

You don't need to do Atmas... you can get really good weapons elsewhere. 3 star items aren't all they're cracked up to be...

Plus, I think more of the issue was that he has a limited playtime per day/week. These are all things that you can progress through little-by-little just by putting in a few hours per day.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

1.  Is Marauder still not as good as the Gladiator in PvE?

A: They're on pretty even footing. Marauders / warriors have more hitpoints and less armor than gladiators / paladins, but it balances out. It's the difference between reducing damage and absorbing damage. I think marauders deal more damage too, though I'm not sure.

2.  At the time, ppl just humped those live events things all the way from level 1 to the level cap.

A: There's a whole mess of stuff to do to get to cap. Some people grind FATEs. I bounce around between dungeons, levequests, and FATEs, generally going to different areas so I'm not doing the same stuff over and over. If you want efficiency, yeah, probably a FATE grind with dailies. But if not then there's plenty of ways to make xp.

3.  When I played, in order to get the best dungeon gear, you had to run a 2 hour dungeon like 180-200 times.  Is it still roughly the case?

A: Not really. I've geared out my two 50 classes to ilvl 90 (completely adequate for most dungeons and raids) with relatively little grinding. Especially now with hunts there's a lot of ways to get good gear fairly quickly.

A: There's enough content that you don't have to grind if you don't want to. The game has a great way of rewarding you without making it feel like you're trying when you play casually. You're not going to gear / level up as fast some hardcore player, but it's all obtainable.

Overall there's enough going on that you don't need to grind one thing to hit cap. If you do, then that's on you. I log in on my days off for an hour here or a few there (maybe 2-4 hours a day on average, 6 if I go insane) and I've hit endgame easily enough. It's a very friendly game for both casual and hardcore players, and you'll meet plenty of both.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

They toned down the grind back in the first major patch and have left it as such up until now. You cannot escape grind in any MMO but ARR gives you good options to pick from.

That said they have introduced more grindy (and less grindy) alternatives in the recent patches (because people asked for them), the important point however is that these alternatives are just that, optional. You can get to the same goal with many different ways, some less grindy than the others.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".

You don't need to do Atmas... you can get really good weapons elsewhere. 3 star items aren't all they're cracked up to be...

Plus, I think more of the issue was that he has a limited playtime per day/week. These are all things that you can progress through little-by-little just by putting in a few hours per day.

he also said:

1) He wants to get end game gear  but didnt like having to grind an insane amount of tokens for them in the past (ex. relic weapon progression or to a lesser extent, soldery items which take less amount of hours but a longer amount of weeks)

2) He wants to get results for the limited amount of time he has to play (which can be bad if you are trying to do primals or BC2  without an awesome static, where you can either fail repeatedly without success for several days in a row or do runs countless times without even getting a drop you want) 

3) He didnt like the nature of FATES. (We have Hunts now, which he will probably find equally as irritating if he really hated FATE camping back at launch)

But to get to the point, if he wants to relax and enjoy the ride, he will like this game. If he is solely endgame focused, he has to expect either a long grind or a brutal encounter with RNG gods. 

hey guys, thanks a lot.  I've viewed the links you guys gave.  I read the skill updates to Warriors.  And the amount of backtalk/getting b!!c##d out was kept to a minimum in most of the posts !!!  Thanks.

How do the Gladiator/Knight and Marauder/Warrior stack up in PvP?

Someone mentioned Marauders got lovin so they can hold out a bit more so I read the updates given.  But I want to go 100% super tank for PvE, so would Gladiator be my choice? (I dont mind rerolling, though I've got a Marauder at level cap, but he was too squishy and healers always complained i was hard to keep up, even though I had all the high level token defense gear at the time as opposed to Gladiator counterparts).  Just wondered if re-rolling would be the way to go, or is the Warrior good enough to be the Main Tank for any boss, or is he relegated as a support tank. 

I originally picked Marauder/Warrior cuz they had better offensive skills and I wanted to use them in PvP, but PvP wasn't around at release so hahah I wish I had rolled a Knight/Paladin w/e they are called.

Well guys, most of you were kind and informative.  Its the same type of crowd I remembered from the first two months.  I'm gonna give Archeage a whirl and hold off on re-subbing (Arche Age is due out in Mid-Late Sept).  But if Archeage turns out to be a bust (lets not get into that discussion!), I'll definitely just come back to ARR and start over as a Gladiator!!!!  (unless someone has some info about that my marauder is definitly just as good at tanking the highest level mobs available (gear being equal as my gladiator counterpart))

Side Note:  You know, the healers were the same way, the one healing class, i think the scholar couldnt main heal on some of the main bosses, so we always failed if we had a high level scholar and a warrior as a MT.  We needed to have the Gladiator and other healing class as our mains, and we were relegated to support.  hehe.

holy crap just saw the info about the returning for a week deal!!!!

I have both PLD and WAR leveled, and war is by far more enjoyable and the best tank later on end game. the reason he is the best tank, you can reach a skill level once ur learning curve for the class is up there, you can maintain 210-230 DPS while tanking in VIT gear, and around 270+ with DPS gear. if ur OT, you can hover around 290-300 DPS. mind you thats a lot of DPS for a tank. if you decide to play war, hit me up a PM in here and I will explain further the game play.

in terms of the buffs war got, you have inner beast -20% damage taken, storm path -10% damage taken, -25% damage taken passive from defiance, and 25%+ in healing from defiance too, and if thats not enough, u get Vengeance that is -30% damage taken, and YES THEY ALL STACK. so essentially u can be just as invincible as PLD if you play it right and understand when to use what.

Originally posted by ZenTaoYingYang

I have both PLD and WAR leveled, and war is by far more enjoyable and the best tank later on end game. the reason he is the best tank, you can reach a skill level once ur learning curve for the class is up there, you can maintain 210-230 DPS while tanking in VIT gear, and around 270+ with DPS gear. if ur OT, you can hover around 290-300 DPS. mind you thats a lot of DPS for a tank. if you decide to play war, hit me up a PM in here and I will explain further the game play.

in terms of the buffs war got, you have inner beast -20% damage taken, storm path -10% damage taken, -25% damage taken passive from defiance, and 25%+ in healing from defiance too, and if thats not enough, u get Vengeance that is -30% damage taken, and YES THEY ALL STACK. so essentially u can be just as invincible as PLD if you play it right and understand when to use what.

Your own damage dealt to enemies is reduced by 25%, not damage you take.  Defiance gives 0 damage reduction.  Instead, it gives increased max health and health restoration on self.

Originally posted by ZenTaoYingYang

Your own damage dealt to enemies is reduced by 25%, not damage you take.  Defiance gives 0 damage reduction.  Instead, it gives increased max health and health restoration on self.

true my mistake, meant -25% dmg done 

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

*************DO NOT REPLY WITH BILE FILLED REPLIES, Just read and answer if you can, and try to limit the sarcasm towards me.  You can be sarcastic about the game or something funny, but don't make fun of me, whether directly or passive aggressively please guys.  (I've been on these forums a long time, so I know how the peanut gallery comments roll in)

Background

I played for the first 2 months then unsubscribed, so my knowledge is from then.  I loved the graphics, loved the UI, didn't like the group finder, but liked the sound, classes, except for the below questions that led me to unsubscribe.  Please let me know the answer to the below if you can!  Thanks!

Questions

And don't tell me to go post somewhere else etc and get out of here and blah blah or "why don't you go blah blah somewhere else"  I just want a measured reply from a mature gamer.  Thanks!

I am still an avid player of Final Fantasy 14 ARR and I pretty much have all classes at 50, apart from the Dragoon and Black Mage which are in their 40's

1) Mechanically the MAR works a bit differently to the PLD but essentially they achieve the same goals. It is no harder, nor easier as either class to hold and maintain threat. The only time that this is an issue is if you have a pre-30 class (so the naked MAR/GLA and you are doing a dungeon with those who have scaled down. This, although the level cap does balance things to great affect you will still struggle with the threat management on occasion. Mainly because those guys hit the hard cap where you are still floating in it. Once you hit the 30 variants WAR/PLD you are fine and are good to go. 

As for solo play, you are fine also, things are a bit slower but realistically you are in a position to take on multiple mobs at a time. It's just about finding what you are comfortable with. You're never gonna be a single target burst damage dealer, but the fun is there once you get to grips with it. 

2) Not in the manner you think it, now that behavior is reserved for the daily hunts, the FATE gang bangs you might of experience do happen for the bigger stuff but not for every single fate. This is because the challenge log gives you a nice alternative to leveling alts. Its something you progressively do during your week now rather than feeling pressured to grind your way tot he top. 

3) No, this is because there are alternatives to progression now. There are lots of activities you can do which will give you the tokens. Dungeons always provide but your not stuck doing that to get geared up. 

4) It's an MMO so a certain amount of investment is required/ 2-4 hours a day will see you reach your gear cap before the next quarterly installment. But, you have to be aware that the game is built to sustain people until the next update. So, if you are expecting a week of 2-4 hours a day then that is unrealistic. The only thing I can say about this is that you do not have to be stuck doing the same activity each day to achieve this. 

On a side note - each quarter, like clock work large installments to the game have been made, each time it has brought something new out that may tickle your fancy. One of the very few sub based games where I felt my money was actually being used to proactively support the game. 

Well I said I'd return, and I'm getting ye ole' 2002 lobby error!!!

Things haven't changed much I guess since 2 months after launch.  What this game has been out a year and yippee, still haven't fixed this lobby error we had a launch.  (heheheh jk I know its probably overloaded due to ppl coming back and logging in during this time.)  You think we'd get a queue tho!

Well I said I'd return, and I'm getting ye ole' 2002 lobby error!!!

Things haven't changed much I guess since 2 months after launch.  What this game has been out a year and yippee, still haven't fixed this lobby error we had a launch.  (heheheh jk I know its probably overloaded due to ppl coming back and logging in during this time.)  You think we'd get a queue tho!

you came a bit in the wrong time :P, there was DDOS attack speculation although SE denies it , then followed by the weekly maintenance.

weird, but, it feels a bit dated. like i know they dumbed down the graphics for consoles but wow, it feels really dated.  I know its just a year old but, man i can feel it. 

I really like the color scheme tho, but it just feels a lot older than when i played it last year.  back last year, it did feel crisp.  but since then i've been playing eso and archage, and just graphics wise its a step behind,  it reminds me of when i broke out my ps1 games when i didnt have anything to play on ps2

• Drew213Drew213 Member UncommonPosts: 60

Great questions. This is why I can not for the like of me pay for a game that has standard gear all the time. No drops, on the random generated rare mobs, no different looks other than pre-order items. makes you feel like you have to wear a school uniform to play. Honestly I love human interactions but honestly if I can not in the greatness of a generated world gain some special moments in gear finding randomness that give me the "special" feeling then its not worth it to me. I am a gear guy and honestly waiting or cramming hours in on the same dungeon to get gear to me is boring. The ideal game to me gives me the chance to find, excel under my terms of gaming the way I want to win at. Counting on grouping for the needs of many items to me seems selfish and a forced undertaking to which I will not allow myself to be channeled to.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

weird, but, it feels a bit dated. like i know they dumbed down the graphics for consoles but wow, it feels really dated.  I know its just a year old but, man i can feel it. 

I really like the color scheme tho, but it just feels a lot older than when i played it last year.  back last year, it did feel crisp.  but since then i've been playing eso and archage, and just graphics wise its a step behind,  it reminds me of when i broke out my ps1 games when i didnt have anything to play on ps2

You might be the first person i've seen say the game is anything less than beautiful. I'm not being sarcastic either. But, thats a subjective gripe, so can't really call you wrong on it !

EDIT: what server are you on? Maybe i can show you my warrior!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.