Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

How to beat Silent Hills Playable Teaser

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,546Member Uncommon

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/fd4smo/silent-hills-teaser-trailer---how-to-beat-it

How do people figure this stuff out?  But I do hope the level of creepy is in the actual game.

Comments

• greenie881greenie881 Chicago, ILPosts: 9Member
    I clicked on the link... then I realized... I downloaded the game but still haven't played it. *cowers*
  • StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOPosts: 1,263Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/fd4smo/silent-hills-teaser-trailer---how-to-beat-it

How do people figure this stuff out?  But I do hope the level of creepy is in the actual game.

It takes a lot of trial and error. I've beat it three times now, it's actually pretty easy and fast once you know what to do, but I still have no idea exactly how to do the last part. I don't think anyone really knows how they're beating it.

It certainly doesn't take a mic, it can be completed without talking nonsense or screaming into a headset. Then again, maybe it does, sometimes anyways.

From what I can tell it's all based on time. Time spent either walking, standing still, or with the game paused. Things that may or may not have to be done while walking or being still seem completely random, or possibly based on other things that you either have or haven't done while playing.

I still don't see how this thing is freaking so many people out. Some are claiming that it's not only the scariest piece of interactive software, but that it's the scariest thing ever created. I just don't get it, it's not that scary. Like anything recent, the only "scary" parts are the jump scares, and that's only because of the loud accompanying noise. Like the thing falling from the ceiling, or the woman rushing at you, it's sudden and unexpected, it's loud, but it's not really scary.

The atmosphere of the game was amazing though, most definitely creepy as hell.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member
    Originally posted by Stizzled
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

It takes a lot of trial and error. I've beat it three times now, it's actually pretty easy and fast once you know what to do, but I still have no idea exactly how to do the last part. I don't think anyone really knows how they're beating it.

It certainly doesn't take a mic, it can be completed without talking nonsense or screaming into a headset. Then again, maybe it does, sometimes anyways.

From what I can tell it's all based on time. Time spent either walking, standing still, or with the game paused. Things that may or may not have to be done while walking or being still seem completely random, or possibly based on other things that you either have or haven't done while playing.

I still don't see how this thing is freaking so many people out. Some are claiming that it's not only the scariest piece of interactive software, but that it's the scariest thing ever created. I just don't get it, it's not that scary. Like anything recent, the only "scary" parts are the jump scares, and that's only because of the loud accompanying noise. Like the thing falling from the ceiling, or the woman rushing at you, it's sudden and unexpected, it's loud, but it's not really scary.

The atmosphere of the game was amazing though, most definitely creepy as hell.

There could also be a random element to the game too.  I've seen people beat the P.T. with at least two slightly different experiences.

Also, this is creepy, but I don't know about the creepiest thing ever created.  That's a bit of a stretch.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOPosts: 1,263Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Also, this is creepy, but I don't know about the creepiest thing ever created.  That's a bit of a stretch.

I think it's just excitement. People went nuts when it was revealed what the teaser was for. A lot of people who wouldn't normally play a scary game have also given it a try, and those types tend to be scared more easily.

The scariest thing ever talk has died down a lot recently, as the "ooh ah" wears off and people realize that it's really not that special. I still see people around the web claiming that it's the scariest game they've ever played. I guess for some it could be. For me, that title would go to Outlast.

Personally, I think Alien: Isolation has the potential to be pretty damn scary. It may be a monster that we are all used to, so its appearance isn't going to shock us. But, the idea of actively being hunted, as apposed to simply avoiding an AI's path, sounds pretty damn scary. It's not a new concept in horror games, but the environment makes the difference. There's far more areas that the Xeno could be hiding or lurking in than there are for the player to cower in. It sounds like an intense mix of claustrophobia and real fear, knowing that your being hunted, that your never really safe. I think it could be pretty fun.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,754Member Uncommon
    i stopped after my first death..... Kojima and del Toro are flipping Geniuses. I hope Silent Hills is a creepy as this thing, and as good as the classic games, not the few latest crap

• ErgloadErgload GV, OHPosts: 374Member

Dunno if its scariest game ever created, I think that's just hype from people who haven't played many horror games. IMO, Condemned 1 was one of the scariest games I ever played, because it was gritty and realistic.

FEAR, Fatal Frame, Doom, Dead Space, Silent Hill, Resident Evil...I yawned through most of those games. Condemned, on the other hand, theres something unsettling about homeless maniacs lunging at you with lead pipes while you search a dark apartment building for clues.

Currently playing: Achaea