Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Wargaming Acquires More Than 100 Million Registered Players

BMunchausenBMunchausen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff Posts: 400

Wargaming, makers of World of Tanks and World of Warplanes this week announced it now has more than 100 million registered players across all games and platforms.

“World of Tanks created a new niche in the MMO market,” said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming. "We started on PC, but with other platforms in mind. By the launch of World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition and World of Tanks Blitz we stepped into two new markets, taking our signature gameplay to console and mobile, and it’s the direction we will pursue in future.”

Since launch, World of Tanks Xbox 360 Edition has generated 3.8 million players globally, while World of Tanks Blitz enjoyed 5 million installs its first month.

For more information about Wargaming, visit the company's official website.

Comments

• Nickhead420Nickhead420 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Wow, for once I'm not part of the crowd.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Heavens that is a lot. I never tried this game but it is obviously doing very well.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    It's impressive so many have tried it but it's a stat that means about as much as how many showers someone has had in their life when they stink today.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    It's impressive so many have tried it but it's a stat that means about as much as how many showers someone has had in their life when they stink today.

HAHA!

I almost sprayed my soup over my monitor!

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    I played WoT for a while.  The problem with the game is that the lower tiers were more fun than the higher ones with the net result that I never spent any money on it as I never ended up using the higher tiered tanks.    
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Terrible games.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    WOT isn't bad, I just can't stand how slow paced it is. That's my main issue.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Yet another sign of the coming apocalypse.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• forktongueforktongue Member UncommonPosts: 23

Lol ye 100 million Reg.................

But not playing.......... WoT has got soo bad players are leaving in their droves its got soo bad Wargaming have Implemented bots to help fill servers.

Thousands of players have gone over to Warthunders Ground Forces 

And I better not give my views on Warplanes has above Warthunder is far better than WoWarplanes

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Yet another sign of the coming apocalypse.

Yet another sign of a future news release saying their security had been compromised and the user databases have been stolen.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by DamonVile

This is some funny stuff.

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

As others have eluded to... Registered users on a F2P game is essentially a meaningless number... I mean, MMORPG.com has 2.8 million registered users and they haven't even announced that they might in the future create an MMO - but look at all those people who want to play their game!!!

I got nothing against Wargaming, but these kind of announcements are pretty "meh" worthy.

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

These numbers don't mean much...

That said I am thoroughly enjoying WoT at the moment.. just finished a mission that got me a premium tier 3 tank. Despite a lot of battles my max tier is "only" 6 but still very much enjoying every minute about it. The EU servers have almost 400k users online at the same time at best, and that is a way more impressive number than X accounts registered. Russian server is the most popular with about one million users online at the same time

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)