It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
After almost 2 years of intense development, time has come to present you a new MMORPG taking place in the post-apocalyptic universe of Fallout. It is called FOnline: Ashes of Phoenix, and it's a game oriented around open PvP.
In 2077, bombs of the Great War ravaged the whole planet, or almost. We're now in 2220, in Arizona. The center of Phoenix' city is one of the exceptions, spared by nuclear fire, isolated and ignored by the rest of the world for nearly 150 years.
Eventually, a rumor speaking of plentiful resources and intact buildings has been spread into the Wasteland. Locals but also outsiders showed up, wishing to take over this new eldorado. In this chaotic and conflicting situation, dozens of lonely adventurers are seizing their chance as well.
You are a Wastelander, recently arrived in Arizona. Guided by your own motivations, you'll have the choice to join one of the four powers in place and take part in the conquest of the city.
FOnline: Ashes of Phoenix features an old-school gameplay, very close to the first Fallout games, but transposed in a massively multiplayer context with four distinct sides in which players will gather. The game is entirely in real time and works with a revisited action point system. Nearly all the Fallout 1 and 2 game systems are there, but reworked and improved. Plenty of elements and features have been introduced too, graphics, items, a random assignment system or a fame system summarizing your PvP accomplishments are some examples.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of what AoP has to offer:
- A new region of the Fallout world to explore around the city of Phoenix, a giant location with dozens of connected quarters where everything can happen.
- An advanced system of factions and reputation, including private bases for player platoons, merchants, assignments and more, regrouped inside faction headquarters where you can rest between missions and meet new mates to explore the Wasteland.
- A completely reworked character system with hundreds of viable profiles, guarantying that you can actually create any character you want and develop it on the long term, while still being competitive against other players. No level cap, but a soft cap at level 24, where evolving your character further will make it rather more versatile than strictly more powerful.
- A deeply revised combat system fully in real time with the introduction of a new Action Points system, new burst mechanics, deployable weapons, covers, squads and many more features implying personal and group strategies for an exciting and ruthless combat experience.
- A strong PvP system stimulating fair savage PvP and involving the control of Phoenix. Twelve quarters can be claimed, strategy and smart moves matter more than ever. Exploring Phoenix underground dungeons can also be the occasion for player groups to ambush each other.
- A huge diplomacy potential with the presence of four main factions: Jim & Jack & Joe Lawyer Agency, the Family, the Brahminboys and the V-Technologists. Player platoons will deeply influence the diplomacy of their faction.
- A vast equipment composed of hundreds of weapons and many armors. Multiple new items have been added, like new grenades, traps, spears, energy SMGs and many more. Those items bring a new dimension to PvP, like smoke grenades, Incinerators or the legendary Bozar heavy sniper rifle. Every player should find multiple suitable combinations of weapons and armors for his playstyle.
- A vast crafting system including the search for relics, exchanged with your faction for blueprints unlocking more advanced weapons through different tech trees. Your character is able to be fully independant without suffering from any power gap with other player characters.
- A strong economy based on player trades, smart scavenging and crafting where bottle caps and equipment in general are more difficult to stockpile.
- A completely new interface optimized for PvP including a new Pipboy, called the Cheapboy and working both as an intel provider and an encyclopedia.
- Enhanced NPCs for a more natural and dynamic experience. Raiders roam the ruins of Phoenix, packs of wild animals are out for blood in the Wastes and friendly travelers might come to your aid. You never know what's hiding behind the next corner.
- A maximal randomization makes sure every journey in the Wastes is a new experience. Loots, mobs and even assignments you can get from your faction will lead you to new places and situations in which you have to adapt and quickly react.
- A mini-adventure tutorial will introduce some of the game mechanics and give you the occasion to play safely on your side before joining the actual game field.
FOnline: Ashes of Phoenix is a fan game entirely free to play. It is a tribute to the excellent universe of Fallout, a way for it to be discovered by new people and our own vision of it in multiplayer.
You need to own a copy of Fallout 2 in order to play. Concretely, you’ll need two files called ‘MASTER.dat’ and ‘CRITTER.dat’ located in your Fallout 2 directory, which contain Fallout graphical assets used by Ashes of Phoenix.
The 1.0 version of the game will be available soon (within a few days/weeks) and the server will be opened to everyone. The officiel date will announced as soon as it is confirmed.
Official website: http://fonline-aop.net
Moddb page: http://www.moddb.com/games/fonline-ashes-of-phoenix
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FOnlineAOP
Finally, we're regularly releasing dev diaries to talk about the game on our youtube channel. Your opinions and comments are welcome!
Thanks for your attention, and maybe we'll see each other soon in the Wasteland!