Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Thank you for posting links to the tech evolution, been searching for those.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    the actual class mechanics kick ass... no graphics can match a robust class system
  • BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    hm didnt they promised panel about storybricks?
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Benedikt
    hm didnt they promised panel about storybricks?

There was one. It wasn't on the streaming schedule. Someone recorded it, but twitch being an idiot muted a part of the video.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    DMKano

Your interest in EQN/Landmark is impressive. See you in EQN alpha:)
    Thank you for posting this Arcona. Maybe we can get this stickied.
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by DMKano

vs

Yeah on this part I can agree... I do wish they would look more menacing.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

vs

Not sure I get it? Two games have completely different styles? Both look pretty nice in their respective styles. Zoomed in looking at faces is fun and all, but I care more about what I actually see while playing and what I am actually able to do with the ugly/pretty faces.

Bless/Black Desert are both great looking no doubt, but  they aren't that amazingly higher end than current Eastern or even some Western games. Hopefully the actual game matches up to the sweet looking visuals. I don't follow Bless/BD beyond checking in every once in a while, but they don't seem to be anything like what EQN is going for and why I am here. Much like I didn't follow Wildstar, ESO, SWTOR, Repop, Star Citizen Archeage, etc.

Honestly not blown away from the vids below. Tony the Tiger might be cartoony looking, but he's a good looking cartoon. Considering the engines and tech being used by all these games, all are hitting their individual marks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hxcX70V8RU&t=2m58s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13WfZDyZtlg&t=10m45s

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovcak5yXMCY&t=3m40s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkwhoOwxAM4&t=13m57s

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Galadourn
    the actual class mechanics kick ass... no graphics can match a robust class system

Um yeah, I'd love to see it in actual gameplay and not a marketing video.

Devs always praise their own stuff to high heavens, let players try it and then see how kick ass it is.

But you see hater's will always denegrate and put down a system if it isn't to their liking instead of letting someone's opinion be their guide.

I don't need to see a marketing video to know whether or not I'll like something or not.  I am perfectly fine with enjoying the what ifs and sneak peeks and getting a feel for something.  We'll see the UI, core gameplay and other real life videos soon enough and I am almost 100% positive I'll like them no matter what has changed while I am 100% positive you'll still not like it.  I like the game and that is all that matters, dn't care whether or not its a tech demo or a concept drawing.  What they are esposuing is what I want out of an MMO in this day.  I can't wait for it to release.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Burdoc101Burdoc101 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    I appreciate you posting OP! :D
  • Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Galadourn

Um yeah, I'd love to see it in actual gameplay and not a marketing video.

Devs always praise their own stuff to high heavens, let players try it and then see how kick ass it is.

But you see hater's will always denegrate and put down a system if it isn't to their liking instead of letting someone's opinion be their guide.

I don't need to see a marketing video to know whether or not I'll like something or not.  I am perfectly fine with enjoying the what ifs and sneak peeks and getting a feel for something.  We'll see the UI, core gameplay and other real life videos soon enough and I am almost 100% positive I'll like them no matter what has changed while I am 100% positive you'll still not like it.  I like the game and that is all that matters, dn't care whether or not its a tech demo or a concept drawing.  What they are esposuing is what I want out of an MMO in this day.  I can't wait for it to release.

I'm with you Azz.  I for one am mainly interested in EQN because it's certainly not another "Me too" MMORPG.

As soon as they said "It's going to have horizontal progression".  I instantly thought of an "Elder-Scrolls" free roaming experience.  I have never seen this done in an MMORPG before and it has me very interested.  Even if I end up not liking it, I think it will be very interesting to see a game that isn't a vertical progression stat grinder treadmill.

Then they start talking about emergent AI that changes what kind of mobs and events are in an area at any given time and you got me really interested.  Say nothing about the RolePlaying character-building fan inside me getting excited when I see things like multiclassing and all the possibilities I could create with such a system.

You never know if you're going to like a game until you sit down and play it.  Some games that look bad end up being a very enjoyable title.  Some games that look amazing are dropped very quickly and never looked back on.

But I am excited simply because of how many things they're doing differently.  Especially horizontal progression.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• ridiadhridiadh Member UncommonPosts: 9

vs

To the OP - Thank you for all of the links.  Very helpful.

As for the comparison above... that was a very early render of the Kerrans.  I do not believe you could even make one look like that in game when they are finally released.  Recent concept art looks, to me, very different.  I believe I can share this because the NDA was removed the second week of alpha:

https://assets-cdn.soe.com/uploads/dcsclient/000/000/064/703.jpg

If I can't... well oops or something.  :p

Originally posted by ridiadh To the OP - Thank you for all of the links.  Very helpful. As for the comparison above... that was a very early render of the Kerrans.  I do not believe you could even make one look like that in game when they are finally released.  Recent concept art looks, to me, very different.  I believe I can share this because the NDA was removed the second week of alpha: https://assets-cdn.soe.com/uploads/dcsclient/000/000/064/703.jpg If I can't... well oops or something.  :p

Not only that, the specific EQN picture used above makes the Kerran look as bad as possible both fidelity and pose wise.  Here is where the picture comes from but in it's 720 format:

EverQuest Next Worldwide Debut Characters and Environment (0:25)

As far as the other picture I'm not sure if that's in game or part of a cutsceen/cinematic. It is a clever tactic used none the less even if it is obvious.

Ya, EQN is stylized, but it's done very well and achieves a lot things they've aimed for with the design.  The character has a huge range of emotion and has a very animated face.  That's the thing a lot of these "realistic" style games lack.  ESO and black desert for example have more realistic textures, but their characters are lifeless and have a very hard time showing any range of emotion.

It's not that you have to like one style over another.  But it's not like EQN's results are bad.  They are doing a great job executing their design.

And Aelious makes a good point.  The picture use above is clearly trying to show it in a bad/goofy light.  The character model is stylized, but it's done well and the video he posted points it out quite well.

And besides all this, graphics don't make a game.  Dirt 3 has really nice graphics, but I'd rather play Mario Kart 8 any day.  Star Citizen has very good graphics, but I'd rather play FTL.  Graphics take a back seat to gameplay.  No, correction, graphics can get shoved in the trunk.  Graphics aren't even worthy of the back seat as far as I'm concerned.  

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Aelious

Originally posted by ridiadh To the OP - Thank you for all of the links.  Very helpful. As for the comparison above... that was a very early render of the Kerrans.  I do not believe you could even make one look like that in game when they are finally released.  Recent concept art looks, to me, very different.  I believe I can share this because the NDA was removed the second week of alpha: https://assets-cdn.soe.com/uploads/dcsclient/000/000/064/703.jpg If I can't... well oops or something.  :p

Not only that, the specific EQN picture used above makes the Kerran look as bad as possible both fidelity and pose wise.  Here is where the picture comes from but in it's 720 format:

As far as the other picture I'm not sure if that's in game or part of a cutsceen/cinematic. It is a clever tactic used none the less even if it is obvious.

The funny thing is that poster was promoting Trove over EQN in another thread.  That would be a funny screenshot comparison

Originally posted by syriinx
    Originally posted by Aelious

The funny thing is that poster was promoting Trove over EQN in another thread.  That would be a funny screenshot comparison

LOL here you go.  

Such graphic fidelity, many impress, such close, very wow!

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Originally posted by Gallus85

What a failure, they can't even do something like SOEmote with those lame models, just terrible.